Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
None but if Russia wants to play fun and games in Donbass and Crimea Ukraine can do the same right?
Of course they can.
Svoboda can start the "Joseph Goebbels Political Research Centre".
People from around Volgograd can object to that and help get rid of it.
Everybody can do what they want - they just have to accept the consequences. ;)

America might supply Ukraine with weapons now, but previously they were very worried that those weapons wouldn't stay in the hands of Ukrainians. The place is so corrupt that they would find their way over to the other side for a rouble, or a dollar or some other country's coin. A lek of principles maybe?

It's a reasonable fear. Both Russians and Americans have been bit in the ass by their own weapons.

Divide et impera. That’s what all this unnecessary minority stuff is about.

Last one I heard about was done by a radical anarcho-marxist in the Arkhangelsk oblast via self-made explosive. Surely, an ultra-marxist fanatic would not share nor side himself with the modern fascisto-oligarchic Ukrainian ideology, nor the Western vision of the reality.

Yeah not very common but there's multiple groups inside Russia that would use terrorism if they had a chance da?

LOLOLOLOL
Depite the many differences between the West and Russia and China, it's amazing that the overwhelming majority of medicos and scientists are able to unite, across the globe so quickly, to come up with what you think is spurious, dangerous nonsense. I wonder how they manage to do that? Zoom? Tik tok? :p
That’s what humans do most of the written history: they do live and believe in religious nonsense. Teaching them mathematics doesn’t help.

The communists who scared him when he was a baby. ;)

I dodged most if the anti communist stuff as a kid. USSR collapsed when I was 13.

It was mostly stuff like movies such as Spies Like Us or Bond movies.

My mother said something like "be grateful you're not lining up for food like in Moscow" when I complained about her cooking.

It was never really aimed at the Russian people as an ethnic group.

Obviously they have a different culture and I'm not a fan of their politics but that's on the Commies/Putin. Russian internal matter.

Do you shop at globus Red_elk?

Prices on potato chips are very similar.

Not sure on the bag sizes/weight though.

The chips she likes are around 70 roubles here for 130 gram bag.

A lot of the flavours are the same.

A lot bigger than my one looks about 6 times larger.

This is one of so-called "hypermarkets". Huge shops outside of city, where people go once a week or so, to buy lots of stuff a bit cheaper.
I don't bother, just use local shops.

Coronavirus destroys best opportunity to enhance Russian culture!

d2.png

The Russian Ministry of Culture invited Australian super-group Dustyesky to sing in Red Square for the Immortal Regiment at the Grand Victory Day Parade on May 9. However, the COVID-19 pandemic stopped the event and Dustyesky's big trip to the Motherland.

Instead, Russian television reporters helped the choir to put a clip together. Filmed on their iPhones in isolation, the group of Aussie men recorded a beautiful yet tragic song about tanks on the battlefield, and a soldier who will not make it home to his family. The Russia Today TV network edited the clip and broadcast it during the Victory Day telecast.

"We are 28 men, middle-aged, very hairy, and we all live outside the tiny little hamlet of Mullumbimby or, as we call it, Mullumgrad. When we decided to form a choir we looked for hairy people, so hairy men, woolly men, men that you could find at the bar late at night."

Comrade Swivel likes to say all the choir members live in shipping containers, work in a typewriter factory, are salmon smokers and make gherkin liqueur.

(Best Youtube Comment: An entire shipping container for a single comrade? The capitalist excesses of Australia is truly astounding!)

The full story of the group and the sad loss for Russia's culture is now available.

Some of their old stuff...

Cool guys! May be they'll go to Russia on the next Victory Day :)

The video mentions that the Victory Day parade will be held later this year(?) and that they are still invited and still hoping to attend.

Trump says US is going to built the largest icebreaker in the world.
"We have under construction right now the largest icebreaker in the world and we're going to be trying to get, if we can, an extra 10 icebreakers."
"We only have one. Russia has 40. We have one," he continued. "So, we will have two, but we think we'll have 10."
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...kers-for-the-coast-guard-from-a-certain-place

But ours is bigger!
The construction of the world's most powerful nuclear icebreaker, a Project 10510 Lider-class vessel, has begun at the Zvezda Shipyard in the Primorye Territory. The ship was named Rossiya (Russia) and is to enter service in 2027.

The nuclear icebreaker will be built according to the technical design of the Iceberg Central Design Bureau. It will have a capacity of 120 MW (shaft power), speed of 22 knots (in clear water), length of 209 meters and width of 47.7 meters. The Rossiya will be able to penetrate ice up to four meters thick and displace almost 70,000 metric tons. The vessel will also be equipped with a nuclear power unit with two RITM-400 reactors.
https://arctic.ru/infrastructure/20200706/951842.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom