Atom Bomb Drop

The reason it is a one time use unit is because the bomb itself takes a lot of resources to make.

Major congrats to you Gyathaar for doing this. IT WORKS!

There's only one issue, if I may point it out--the graphic is waaaay too slow, and the explosion sometimes does not show up properly as a result. There is too much of a delay between the time Little Boy hits the ground and the time the mushroom cloud shows up. It might also be wise to remove the bombard mission from the menu, since the nuke mission now shows up. (Unless you want them both for some reason, that is. ;))

Other than that, it appears to be fine work, and the unit also dies correctly. I hope you don't mind if I--ahem--BORROW it for my WWII Pacific scenario. :)

Well, if you're going to nitpick... ;)

EDIT: Btw, IIRC, the Atomic Bomb unit in C3C could not be intercepted, either.

This ain't for C3C. ;)

Plus, it doesn't fit my design.

Well, we have a winner. Thanks Gyathaar. ;)

With a little tweaking, it's all good.

This totally... OWNS!

Many thanks, Gyathaar!

**EDIT**

Curious... what is it that makes the Nuke Bomber actually nuke cities? I looked through the XML, but didn't see anything in CIV4UnitInfos.xml that would flag this unit to be able to nuke cities, while the regular bomber can't?

iNukeRange

iNukeRange

Ah, I see.

So if iNukeRange is set to -1, then a unit can't nuke.

But if it's set to 0 or greater, that determines if it can nuke or not. Does that also determine how many tiles the blanket of fallout is around the target as well? Because I noticed ICBM's have an <iNukeRange> of 1.

Thanks, Dale. I was looking at that XML for a good 15 minutes last night trying to figure it out. I had to use a comparer program to see the difference! :p

Just a thought for your Scenario. Ever think of making this bomber require The Manhattan Project as a Prereq?

Ah, I see.

So if iNukeRange is set to -1, then a unit can't nuke.

But if it's set to 0 or greater, that determines if it can nuke or not. Does that also determine how many tiles the blanket of fallout is around the target as well? Because I noticed ICBM's have an <iNukeRange> of 1.

That is correct. Range == 0, then only tile hit is affected. Range == 1, then radius around tile is affected. Range == 2+, then the further out the effected area is.

Just a thought for your Scenario. Ever think of making this bomber require The Manhattan Project as a Prereq?

Who says is doesn't already? :)

Who says is doesn't already? :)

Ah, I knew you guys would have had all your bases covered already. ;)

This is such a fun unit to play with... this has got to be probably the best and the single most original unit in the game.

Hi.

I want to use the unit in my mod using BTS 3.13. Is it absolutly compatible with it?

Is it possible to give a nuclear detonation to the guided missile too? But the missile may not fall from the sky! And what about the green glow? How can it be animated when I add it to the guided missile? At the moment the glow is static.

Does anybody know?

Top Bottom