Atom Bomb Drop

hi! this unit was cut from an up and coming mod ;)

so now the public can have (but you have to figure out how to implement it, as we could not)

Basically it is a reboned jetfighter with bomber, and with edited effects to make the single bomb it drops (asio's little man nuke) to blossom with a mushroom cloud as usual.

the trick will be to assign the jetfighter bombing run to the nuclear bomb unit or tactial nuke. Good luck!

please give me credit if you do use it :D

download here

well, a easy work-around would could make it a SUPER strong normal bomb drop. you could go into the unitinfos.xml file and make the damamge of the jetfighter bombing run to like "999" and it would have a similar effect as a nuke. but no radiation. :(

trust me, just check out this graphic and you will see how freaking awesome it looks, and i know someone will fix it :)

Setting fallout from -1 to 1 doesnt fix this problem?

And thx for unit this animation would be useful also for my mod :) - time to fly my little boy ;)

i think if you set this unit to icbm, it shows the plane drop from the sky like a nuke.

when you use it as a "jetfighter", it shows nuke animations with bombing run.

LMAO!

Let me give everyone a hint: the solution of this problem will, at the least, in the python, otherwise it will by SDK.

edit: my programming skills are so weak that i have no hope of learning sdk until at least 2 more semesters of college.

Garret, how old are you?

This would come in handy in a present-day terrorism scenario, reminiscent of the September 11 attacks.

Here's an idea... it's beyond my abilities, but it could work.

In the SDK files, make a new Mission for bomber aircraft that allows them to Nuke a target like an ICBM. Set it up somehow so that the mission isn't available until the Manhattan Project is built.

That way, ANY air unit could drop The Bomb, instead of creating a unit just for that purpose. So you could have a conventional/nuclear bomber, instead of a conventional bomber and a nuclear bomber.

Cool. Is that you in your avatar?

Okay here's a challenge:

If anyone gets this working perfectly by next weekend, let me or Garret know IMMEDIATELY!

Conditions:
1. Has to have no bugs.
2. Has to be by next weekend at the latest.
3. You have to provide all code and unit/art setup.

If anyone can do this, you'll be famous. ;)

Sorry but i don't think i get this what need to be done:

1. It needs to have jetfighter animation, but:
2. It needs to drop only one single bomb.
3. This bomb needs to have mushroud cloud animation.

Is this all or i something misunderstoonded?

What about this?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=193980

If anyone can do this, you'll be famous. ;)

:lol: :mischief:

It also needs to have the effect of a nuclear explosion (damage to units/buildings/improvements and such)
The coding side of things so to speak.

this is already done; this is what the unit is!!

what we need is an sdk\python code to make a unit that nukes, and have it use this unit with this animation!!

Top Bottom