It's really really easy to make pics transparent...

How to do it in gimp. I use same thing, un-fortunally I cannot make convert image size down so my *gif files are 8 kb instead of 4 kb :( - If anyone knows how to make *gif files smaller, I'd like a small tutorial. Thanks in advance!

Here you do it in photoshop. - I do not use this program, so I don't know how well this site teaches you to use it.

Just Google: "How to make pictures transparent using XZYX". Replace XZYX with your photo editing program. AFAIK MS Paint cannot do transparent images.

Can someone get those three under the size limit?

I'm not on my usual computer (and not likely to be in the next few days) and don't know how to do it in anything else than in Photoshop, which I don't have here.

Thanks.

Can someone resize this to the new allowance but also make the background transparent?

Ty homeboy.

Standard w.o. background.

W.O. background and "star" is also transparent.

(100x100 pixels size <=4 kb)

:bump:

Would anyone like to try their hand at creating trophies for the CFC chess tournament? Ideally some sort of hybrid between chess & civfanatics.

Feel free to post them here or PM me, either way.

Size is same as avatars, 100x100.

Thanks! :hatsoff:

I'm no good at GIMP or Photoshop, so I won't waste your time, but I have an idea for the trophy:

Resize the picture and crop away everything unnecessary, make the background transparent, change the colour of the pawn(of course golden for the winner, silver for the 2nd placed and bronze for the 3rd placed), and write CFC on the orb on the top with some awesome font.

Thanks Hitti-Litti, that's not bad, not sure how good it would look at 100x100 though.

I was thinking the classic Civ II "fanatic" (or two of them perhaps one on each side) standing above a fallen king-piece would be very cool. :D (just thought of this, otherwise I would have mentioned it before) Perhaps tinted gold, silver & brozne? (and maybe with extra subtle little creative embellishments for the gold winner :))

Bonza!

xcl

Top Bottom