AZ-06: Jolly Roger

Well, I'm still around.... for now. In a bout 2 weeks I'll be gone again for the holidays.

If we want to mess up william a bit with privateers (and I did send one or two poking around his way) it shouldn't be hard to do that on the side, since he has no iron. I still think frederick is a better short-term target, due to his mass expansion. We just need to keep privateers in groups of 3 or more around him, since he does have frigates.

Ahoy, not much goin' on. Lost a lot o' pri'ateers t' frigates, we're probably under the limit now but more be buildin'. Researched Steam Power, Corporation, and Riflin', traded replacable parts t' Dutch for gold + Constitution. Got a Ga in Orleans (odds war for a scientist but oh well). He's still waitin' thar- I'd suggest a golden age t' help build up troops. The brits got t' a spot a turn before us, but Me took a barb city (Burgundian Me think). We have coal right under Jellin'.

Assembly Line due in 4, tis' time t' build up an army for attackin' Willem or Liz and t' upgrade our horrible defense.

National Wonders: I started moai in haith, the city right abo'e our capital but thar's 2 turns at most in'ested so its 'etoable. what do you think o' heroic epic in Nidaros and natnl. in Orleans?
did we already build globe somewhar? Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

the near world

Nidaros and Bjorg'in could use the "encouragement" :whipped:

Orleans has a large hammer o'erflow for next turn, there's somethin' in the queue but me forgot what

Attachments

• AZ-06 Jolly Roger AD-1625.CivBeyondSwordSave
    336.7 KB · Views: 65
It's been a few weeks since the last turn, is anyone else besides Zargon and myself still interested?

Roster:

r_rolo1
azaris
Indibil?
Zargon
tycoonist??
Trieste (just played)

No big and fancy report ( have to play Fox 9 today and I'm up in Pw 2 ).... just a few hard data:

-We're in war with willem ( he dowed us ). Some pillaging near orleans, but managed to kill the offenders. Currently assembling a navy in that sector

- Got assembly line and traded for SciMet. Democracy in 1 turn

- Got a GE and GA is still around... I'm not seing how to use them now

- Only 1 privateer alive :(

- England is researching Rocketry :eek:

I suggest that we pursue the war... It's a golden oportunity to finish a really dangerous foe. And suggest to switch to Emancipation ASAP... :mad: is killing us

Attachments

• AZ-06 Jolly Roger AD-1675.CivBeyondSwordSave
    349.4 KB · Views: 77
Rocketry? Damn, we need to go after England next.

We could use the GA for a golden age now if war weariness isn't too bad or after the war if it is. GE would get us a nice chunk of Pentagon but we'd have to stop building infantry at a good city to have a chance of getting it, I don't know if it's really worth it.

Ahoy, me squeezed in 10 turns t' get us goin'. It was an intarstin' task t' attack Willem seein' as we have mostly medie'al units and almost no production t' speak of.

My first task was t' take care o' the 'ariant 'iolation and build more pri'ateers. They mightily be useless now, but rules be rules. I also managed t' lose a few durin' my turnset so we're still not within the rules, plus Combustion is on its way anyways. Goes t' confirm my suspicions that pri'ateers be fairly useless on any remotely challengin' difficulty le'els.

How do you fight a war with no units and no production? This is how:

I also negotiated some deals t' make the Norwegians happy again.

After a few rounds o' draftin' and ferryin' the troops it was time t' in'ade.

The small island off our coast:

De'enter was razed. The Dutch quickly arcted another city in its place.

Then it was off t' the Dutch mainland, whar Nijmegen and Delft war swiftly taken:

The situation in the main Dutch island:

I have sa'ed the GE for foundin' Minin' Inc - we could use the hammers and have quite a surplus o' the requisite resources.

Who do we still have around to play?

As said before , I'm still here... Trieste is in my DMI VII team, so he should be able to play as well. zargon is around ( AFAIK ) so he may be able as well ( not as sure as about Trieste ) .... the rest seems to be MIA

If no one posts a got it in 24 h, i'll pick it

The war with Willem is in a stall ATM... we simply don't have manpower and siege to bend them over and the cities were not ready for another draft round ( thay are in the end of turnset ,but maybe we should only one more )

Got combustion and and started to link our only land oil ( will be ready in next turn ) Research was set on Physics ( for airships ,and with a eye on arties... my experience in Fox 9 says to me that this is the best way to bend them )

Linked our GG to a privateer and gave him blitz... once oil is linked we should make him a destroyer and try to clean the ironclad stack that willem is putting between us and our troops and newly conquered cities.

Made Mining in capitol, but not spreaded it yet. Some troops landed in Dutch mainland ,but clearly not enough ( he's been pilling rifles in cities ). Not sure , but peace is a must unless we can drop more troops in Dutch lands ( a thing that requires to kill the ironclad stack )

Spoiler Log :

Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 255/500 (1725 AD) [28-Dec-2007 22:41:52]
Nidaros finishes: Privateer
Bjørgvin finishes: Privateer
Paris grows: 13
Odense grows: 5

IBT:
A Fishing Boats was destroyed near Bjørgvin
A Fishing Boats near Bjørgvin was destroyed by Dutch East Indiaman
Hinduism has spread: Bonn (German Empire)

Turn 256/500 (1730 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:01:25]
Nidaros begins: Worker (2 turns)
Bjørgvin begins: Privateer (3 turns)
Bjørgvin begins: Work Boat (2 turns)
While attacking in Viking territory at Bjørgvin, Privateer defeats (1.20/6): Dutch East Indiaman (Prob Victory: 54.2%)
Nidaros begins: Factory (8 turns)
While attacking in Viking territory at Delft, Infantry defeats (14.40/20): Dutch Knight (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
Ship of the Line 4 of Nidaros (Ship of the Line) promoted: Drill I
Ship of the Line 3 of Bjørgvin (Ship of the Line) promoted: Drill I
Bjørgvin begins: Cannon (4 turns)
Bjørgvin begins: Cannon (4 turns)
Nidaros begins: Galleon (2 turns)
Nidaros begins: Cannon (3 turns)
Bjørgvin finishes: Work Boat
Orleans finishes: Ship of the Line
Burgundian finishes: Trading Post

IBT:

Turn 257/500 (1735 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:08:49]
Burgundian begins: Library (23 turns)
Privateer promoted: Drill I
A Fishing Boats was built near Bjørgvin
Nidaros finishes: Worker
Birka finishes: Observatory
Roskilde finishes: Privateer
Lödöse grows: 10

IBT:
Attitude Change: Elizabeth(England) towards Frederick(Germany), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 258/500 (1740 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:11:41]
Birka begins: University (8 turns)
Berserker promoted: City Raider I
Berserker promoted: City Raider I
Nidaros grows: 16
Nidaros finishes: Galleon
Bjørgvin grows: 16
Tønsberg grows: 12
Orleans finishes: Work Boat
Delft's borders expand

IBT:
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Frederick(Germany), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 259/500 (1745 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:16:44]
While attacking in Dutch territory at Nijmegen, Infantry defeats (14.40/20): Dutch Knight (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Nijmegen, Infantry 1 of Orleans (Infantry) defeats (8.60/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 97.6%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Rifleman 1 of Nidaros (Infantry) defeats (11.60/20): Dutch Knight (Prob Victory: 99.1%)
A Fishing Boats was built near Orleans
Uppsala grows: 8
Uppsala finishes: Infantry
Haithabu finishes: Moai Statues
Jelling finishes: Privateer
Tønsberg finishes: Privateer
Orleans grows: 8

IBT:
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Frederick(Germany), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Civics Change: Frederick(Germany) from 'Hereditary Rule' to 'Universal Suffrage'
Civics Change: Frederick(Germany) from 'Free Market' to 'State Property'

Turn 260/500 (1750 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:20:55]
Uppsala begins: Cannon (10 turns)
Haithabu begins: Aqueduct (5 turns)
Jelling begins: Cannon (7 turns)
Infantry promoted: Combat II
Infantry 1 of Orleans (Infantry) promoted: Combat III
While attacking in Dutch territory at Nijmegen, Infantry 1 of Orleans (Infantry) defeats (14.20/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 94.6%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Nijmegen, Infantry defeats (14.60/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 98.3%)
Rifleman 1 of Nidaros (Infantry) promoted: Combat II
While attacking on the high seas near Orleans, Ship of the Line 3 of Bjørgvin (Ship of the Line) defeats (2.88/8): Dutch Frigate (Prob Victory: 91.5%)
Infantry promoted: Pinch
Nidaros finishes: Cannon
Haithabu grows: 16
Bjørgvin finishes: Cannon
A Town was built near Bjørgvin
Roskilde grows: 11
Orleans finishes: Work Boat
Lödöse grows: 11

IBT:
Attitude Change: Frederick(Germany) towards Willem van Oranje(Netherlands), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 261/500 (1755 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:27:07]
Orleans begins: Cannon (7 turns)
A Fishing Boats was built near Orleans
Nijmegen begins: Theatre (10 turns)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Rifleman 1 of Nidaros (Infantry) defeats (14.00/20): Dutch Trebuchet (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Cannon 2 of Bjørgvin (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
Nidaros begins: Galleon (2 turns)
Tech learned: Combustion
Nidaros grows: 17
A Village was built near Birka
Roskilde's borders expand
Sigtuna grows: 10
Paris finishes: Privateer
Odense finishes: Courthouse
Nijmegen's borders expand

IBT:
While defending in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Ship of the Line 1 of Nidaros (Ship of the Line) defeats (5.04/8): Dutch Frigate (Prob Victory: 85.9%)
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards AZ-06 Jolly Roger(Vikings), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Turn 262/500 (1760 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:40:37]
Research begun: Physics (5 Turns)
Odense begins: Theatre (5 turns)
Ship of the Line 1 of Nidaros (Ship of the Line) promoted: Drill II
Isoroku Yamamoto (Privateer) promoted: Lead by Warlord
Isoroku Yamamoto (Privateer) promoted: Combat I
Isoroku Yamamoto (Privateer) promoted: Combat II
Isoroku Yamamoto (Privateer) promoted: Combat III
Isoroku Yamamoto (Privateer) promoted: Blitz
A Mine near Haarlem was destroyed by Viking Infantry
Mining Inc founded in Nidaros
Mining Inc has spread: Nidaros
Nidaros finishes: Mining Inc
Nidaros finishes: Galleon
Sigtuna finishes: Library
Orleans grows: 9

IBT:
Attitude Change: Frederick(Germany) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Turn 263/500 (1765 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:45:30]
Nidaros begins: Mining Inc Executive (2 turns)
Cannon 1 of Nidaros (Cannon) promoted: City Raider I
A Town was built near Haithabu
A Village was built near Orleans
A Town was built near Paris
A Town was built near Orleans
Lödöse grows: 12
Odense grows: 6

IBT:
While defending in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Ship of the Line 1 of Nidaros (Ship of the Line) defeats (6.88/8): Dutch Frigate (Prob Victory: 86.0%)
Hinduism has spread: Leipzig (German Empire)

Turn 264/500 (1770 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:47:52]
Nidaros grows: 18
Haithabu finishes: Aqueduct
Niels Bohr (Great Scientist) born in Haithabu
Bjørgvin finishes: Cannon
Tønsberg grows: 13
Orleans grows: 10
A Town was built near Orleans

IBT:

Turn 265/500 (1775 AD) [28-Dec-2007 23:50:38]
Haithabu begins: Drydock (4 turns)
Bjørgvin begins: Factory (10 turns)

Attachments

• AZ-06 Jolly Roger AD-1775.CivBeyondSwordSave
    380.5 KB · Views: 70
you mean we aren't doing 2 weeks got it/a month to play?

I'll play today though :)

Arrr, captured Rotterdam(razed) and Haarlem(kept, only b/c thar was no way I could get a settler t' it in time and Me wanted the chokepoint). Thar's a decent force in garrisonin' Rotterdam that should stop it from flippin', knock on wood. That fleet o' ironclads upgraded t' destroyers :eek: on t270 and caught me verily off guard. Peace on t270, buildin' banks and the like afterwards. Aye, me parrot concurs.

Combustion= no more useless privateers :goodjob:

log
Spoiler :

Logging by BUG Mod 2.11 (BtS 3.13)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 265/500 (1775 AD) [06-Jan-2008 00:26:37]
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry defeats (1.00/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 67.4%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry loses to: Dutch Rifleman (11.34/14) (Prob Victory: 33.1%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry defeats (12.40/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 67.4%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry defeats (1.00/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 70.3%)
Uppsala begins: Bank (19 turns)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry defeats (16.40/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 71.2%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Rotterdam, Infantry defeats (12.80/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 71.2%)
Captured Rotterdam (Willem van Oranje)
Razed Rotterdam
Rotterdam lost
Birka finishes: University
Jelling finishes: Cannon
Roskilde finishes: Infantry

IBT:

Turn 266/500 (1780 AD) [06-Jan-2008 00:41:04]
Birka begins: Drydock (3 turns)
Jelling begins: Bank (14 turns)
Roskilde begins: Bank (14 turns)
Haithabu finishes: Academy
While attacking in Viking territory near Orleans, Privateer defeats (5.16/6): German Caravel (Prob Victory: 98.7%)
Tech learned: Physics
Nidaros finishes: Mining Inc Executive
Odense finishes: Theatre

IBT:
While defending in English territory at Reading, Privateer defeats (0.72/6): English Frigate (Prob Victory: 29.3%)
While defending in English territory near York, Privateer 5 of Nidaros (Privateer) loses to: English Frigate (3.68/8) (Prob Victory: 26.6%)

Turn 267/500 (1785 AD) [06-Jan-2008 01:17:57]
Research begun: Electricity (7 Turns)
Nidaros begins: Factory (5 turns)
Odense begins: Harbor (8 turns)
While attacking just off shore at Nijmegen, Isoroku Yamamoto (Destroyer) defeats (8.40/30): Dutch Ironclad (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
While attacking in English territory at Reading, Privateer 6 of Bjørgvin (Privateer) defeats (3.72/6): English Frigate (Prob Victory: 96.1%)
Uppsala finishes: Cannon
Birka finishes: Drydock
Orleans finishes: Cannon

IBT:
While defending in English territory at Hastings, Privateer 10 of Paris (Privateer) loses to: English Frigate (5.28/8) (Prob Victory: 8.5%)
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'
Attitude Change: Frederick(Germany) towards Joao II(Portugal), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Civics Change: Joao II(Portugal) from 'Free Market' to 'State Property'
Civics Change: Joao II(Portugal) from 'Organized Religion' to 'Free Religion'

Turn 268/500 (1790 AD) [06-Jan-2008 01:24:15]
Uppsala begins: Bank (10 turns)
Birka begins: Airship (4 turns)
Orleans begins: Bank (14 turns)
While attacking in Viking territory near Orleans, Ship of the Line 2 of Nidaros (Ship of the Line) defeats (1.60/8): Dutch Frigate (Prob Victory: 88.0%)
Haithabu finishes: Drydock

IBT:

Turn 269/500 (1795 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:29:21]
Haithabu begins: Airship (4 turns)

IBT:
While defending in Dutch territory near Nijmegen, Privateer 7 of Roskilde (Privateer) loses to: Dutch Destroyer (30.00/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Viking territory near Orleans, Ship of the Line 5 of Orleans (Ship of the Line) loses to: Dutch Destroyer (26.70/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Viking territory near Orleans, Galleon loses to: Dutch Destroyer (30.00/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
While defending in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Galleon loses to: Dutch Transport (14.40/16) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'

Turn 270/500 (1800 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:32:45]
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Cannon 2 of Bjørgvin (Cannon) loses to: Dutch Rifleman (10.08/14) (Prob Victory: 3.8%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Cannon 3 of Nidaros (Cannon) loses to: Dutch Rifleman (6.86/14) (Prob Victory: 5.6%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Infantry defeats (6.00/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 76.2%)
Orleans begins: Settler (5 turns)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Infantry defeats (13.20/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 96.7%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Infantry loses to: Dutch Rifleman (4.90/14) (Prob Victory: 88.3%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Infantry defeats (13.00/20): Dutch Knight (Prob Victory: 99.6%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Infantry defeats (16.80/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 99.4%)
While attacking in Dutch territory at Haarlem, Rifleman 1 of Nidaros (Infantry) defeats (18.00/20): Dutch Rifleman (Prob Victory: 100.0%)
Captured Haarlem (Willem van Oranje)
Haarlem begins: Theatre (51 turns)
AZ-06 Jolly Roger(Vikings) and Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) have signed a peace treaty
Birka finishes: Airship
Tønsberg finishes: Infantry
Sigtuna finishes: Harbor

IBT:
While defending in German territory at Bonn, Privateer 9 of Tønsberg (Privateer) loses to: German Frigate (5.44/8) (Prob Victory: 10.8%)
Attitude Change: Isabella(Spain) towards AZ-06 Jolly Roger(Vikings), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
Attitude Change: Willem van Oranje(Netherlands) towards AZ-06 Jolly Roger(Vikings), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 271/500 (1802 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:47:15]
Birka begins: Grocer (6 turns)
Tønsberg begins: Library (9 turns)
Sigtuna begins: Observatory (22 turns)
Paris begins: Library (10 turns)
Nidaros finishes: Factory

IBT:
While defending on the high seas near Portalegre, Privateer loses to: Dutch Destroyer (30.00/30) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Pleased' to 'Friendly'

Turn 272/500 (1804 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:51:40]
Nidaros begins: Ironworks (11 turns)
Nidaros begins: Public Transportation (3 turns)
Haithabu finishes: Airship
Lödöse finishes: Courthouse

IBT:

Turn 273/500 (1806 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:56:45]
Haithabu begins: Bank (10 turns)
Lödöse begins: Library (15 turns)
Tech learned: Electricity
Nidaros finishes: Public Transportation
Bjørgvin finishes: Factory
Orleans finishes: Settler

IBT:
Attitude Change: Joao II(Portugal) towards Elizabeth(England), from 'Friendly' to 'Pleased'
Attitude Change: Elizabeth(England) towards Isabella(Spain), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
Civics Change: Elizabeth(England) from 'Hereditary Rule' to 'Universal Suffrage'
Civics Change: Elizabeth(England) from 'Free Market' to 'Environmentalism'

Turn 274/500 (1808 AD) [06-Jan-2008 05:59:33]
Research begun: Industrialism (9 Turns)
Nidaros begins: Ironworks (11 turns)
Bjørgvin begins: Public Transportation (5 turns)
Paris finishes: Infantry
Odense finishes: Harbor
Nijmegen finishes: Theatre

IBT:

Turn 275/500 (1810 AD) [06-Jan-2008 06:02:55]
Odense begins: Library (9 turns)
Nijmegen begins: Library (18 turns)

Attachments

• AZ-06 Jolly Roger AD-1810.CivBeyondSwordSave
    401.7 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom