Balance patch discussion and goals

I saw the penalty for ranged units against naval units went from 50 to 25%. Better imo.
But, I think that this penalty should apply only when attacking, not defending.
Less importantly, shouldn't that apply to siege units as well?

Did Gatling Guns and co lose their "near terrifying" promotion ? I would make that works with only adjacent units, not 2 tiles away.

And what do you think about Treasure Fleet bonuses and the Supply promotion? Should they stack ? (healing outside territory, 15hp both)

Last question: I'm playing a huge map on Emperor with Polynesia, I have around 250 tourism / turn while all the other leaders have around 20-50 max. Around 300turns on Epic Speed .
Seems very low related to my other games in my souvenirs.
Most of the also seem angry that I'm influencing them, like we are aiming the same victory type. That's cocky from a nation with a huge +22 tourism a turn :D

Hey here is another idea that may be a little more tame. I am not sure if it is feasible or not. So I was thinking that maybe Citadels that are created by great generals could also act as forward airbases.

It makes sense seeing as a lot of Air Force bases don't exist within cities. Maybe it could house two or three planes. Just a thought tell me what you think. It would make air war more flexible and interesting.

Won't work, because AI will leave them unprotected and 5+ movements points on tanks won't help it either.

I would like to see a different scaling of great engeneers. In the early eras, a engeneer is enough to complete a wonder.
In the later ages (modern upward), it adds just a few percents. I can see the argument that GPs are more available in the later ages ans thus should have a lesser relative impact, but I think GEs are way too weak. I suggest least 50% completion of any contemporary wonder, lest they become completely worthless. You don`t want to plant an engeneer in the atomic era, do you?

Why are plains jungles (2:c5food: 1:c5production:)better than grassland jungles(2:c5food:)? Is there a reason for that?

Why are plains jungles (2:c5food: 1:c5production:)better than grassland jungles(2:c5food:)? Is there a reason for that?

Ouch, I agree with Apostremo :eek:

Plain jungles wouldn't it be 1:c5food: 2:c5production: (1/1 for plain +1:c5production: for jungle) and grassland 2:c5food: 1:c5production: (2/0 for grassland +1:c5production: for jungle)?

In the same idea why grassland hill is 2:c5production: as plain hill and not 1:c5food: 1:c5production:?

Would it be possible to have more than three ideologies to choose? Or is that hard coded into the game and can't be changed?

I would love to have a non-aligned option so that I can remain neutral and not antagonize two thirds of the world because of my ideological choice.

Thanks for any answers!

Would it be possible to have more than three ideologies to choose? Or is that hard coded into the game and can't be changed?

I would love to have a non-aligned option so that I can remain neutral and not antagonize two thirds of the world because of my ideological choice.

Thanks for any answers!

Hard-coded.
G

Because technically Jungles aren't supposed to spawn on grasslands plains, IIRC. I'll take a look, but I think this is an artifact of mapgenerators and the XML not playing nice.

G
Ah okay. They do so in communitas however.

So they are a worse version of grasland at the beginning? On top of that can by improved very very late and only with gold.

Just stating the obvious here. I'm not yet saying they need to be on par with forests or something like that. There are tiles like tundra and snow, which are supposed to be worse, but i think in vanilla the science boost made them very special and late game i always settled in jungles. Now forests get them, too and are superior in every way. I played with mostly plain jungle and it still was underwhelming so i think letting them start with the stats of forest or marshes is the least we can do. They will still be very late improved, but start the game as a kind of bonus ressource.

A big but is brazil however, which get an improvement VERY early which makes jungle very good. Or maybe that's only true when you are used to the better plain jungles.

I edited after you posted, sorry

No worries. I'm not keen on using lua for things like that. I've added an XML boolean for jungles on plains, so perhaps that will fix it. There's nothing intrinsic in the code preventing jungles from getting the same bonus, so it must be a map generation issue.

G

MY BIGGEST FRUSTRATION:

I love to play on "Terra" style maps, with a New World to discover and settle. Problem is, there just doesn't seem to be any way to get the AI interested in exploiting the new world! I never have any competition. By the time the AI sends settlers to the Americas, its already the 20th century and my cities are booming.

I'm even using the Aggressive and Expansionist Mod. Nothing helps.

Is there anything that can be done to change this?

MY BIGGEST FRUSTRATION:

I love to play on "Terra" style maps, with a New World to discover and settle. Problem is, there just doesn't seem to be any way to get the AI interested in exploiting the new world! I never have any competition. By the time the AI sends settlers to the Americas, its already the 20th century and my cities are booming.

I'm even using the Aggressive and Expansionist Mod. Nothing helps.

Is there anything that can be done to change this?

The Old World has to be entirely colonized basically for them to have an incentive to even go into the new world and that was basically real-life. Most European countries were basically surrounded by each other and couldn't expand for greater power, an effect of imperialism and cause for colonialism.

Top Bottom