1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance patch discussion and goals

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by mystikx21, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I see this as an oversight on my part more than a balance question. If in doubt over balance v. bug, I'll tell the github poster to post here instead.

G

2. Edaka

Edaka King

Gotcha.

3. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Would it be possible with satellites to choose a section of the map to illuminate and remove the fog of war? It would be kind of like a spy satellite unit or something like that that could be used to see inside enemy territory where your spies can't see. Just a thought. Thanks for any feedback on this idea.

4. Edaka

Edaka King

Don't know if that would be possible, but it doesn't really fit into the scope of CPP, as far as I'm concerned. It's an interesting idea, though, so perhaps someone could make an appropriate mod for that.

5. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

Could we see an addition to diplomacy where we could get fleet and air basing permission from a Civ so that we could heal ships in another Civ's waters and get a bonus from it just like if it was healing in our own waters. Also we could base our planes in an allied city.

Just a thought what do you all think?

6. Galaphile0125

Galaphile0125 Duke

I had another idea for enhancing diplomacy. Could we have bilateral non-Aggression pacts that we can trade in the trade window? Maybe the last ten turns and neither player can attack the other while it happens.

Another idea I had was to be able to agree on a free trade agreement. As long as it lasts between the two players trade routes between the two players generates extra gold. What do you guys think?

7. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

Hi!!

a suggestion/though/Wish

would it be possible to make the colour of a civ that become your vassal to
    change colour to something similar to your civ? or the same?

lets say if you are America (blue) and Spain become your vassal then she get light blue
    or blue like America (but ofcourse get the original colour if ending vassal)

8. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

That would mean coloring every civilization's flag to 42 vassalized flags. Leading up to a potential 1764 flags, and even if you do decide to categorize multiple civilizaiton's color into a category. You would have a huger file size for you to download. Too much work for little hedonistic value. :sad:

9. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

I see!! to Much work :(

10. Tarzan737

Tarzan737 Warlord

Would it be possible to make a mod to bombard Units in Cities?

or maybye its just me who wants that?

11. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

When a worker is selected, in the hover over of cut forest/jungle or just in building improvements options I only see the '-1 food' as a negative, it doesn't mention science and other potential loss of bonuses from cutting it, which is confusing.

Solar power plant should add happiness or something.

12. kerrigan1603

kerrigan1603 Prince

im going to be honest,from what i have seen from quill18s lets plays, whats the point of have a civ be vassalized if they still try to compete to wining city-states with you,can have a different ideology then you,you cant demand they vote for your proposals without them asking something in return,the whole point of vassaling a civ is making that civ my slave.

Moderator Action: Post part deleted - please watch your language.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

13. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

is it normal that I can build Satrap's Courts in my regular cities as Persia, even though it says that it replaces courthouses.

14. Gazebo

Yep!

G

15. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Hi!!

Two suggestions to fix the old "ranged superiority" problem in Civ5:

1. Add a "promotion" to ranged units(land, naval or air) that reduces the attack damage of ranged units when they attack wounded units(land or naval) . It would have the following features:

• This damage penalty scale with the HP of the wounded unit in such a way that: For land units, the attack damage cannot go above 1 HP when the wounded unit has 50 HP, and for naval units, it cannot go above 5 HP when the unit has 30 HP;

• The damage penalty against land units has a steeper scale than naval units(meaning that naval units will reach faster the hp threshold)

• Ranged land units' attack have the smoothest atk reduction scale than Ranged Air units and Ranged Naval units(meaning that a unit will reach faster the HP threshold if it's only attacked by ranged land units, compared to when it is attacked by air or naval units)

• Cities are still able to deal the fully ammount of damage against units, whether they are wounded or not .

• To balance the increased resistance of units against ranged units, add another "promotion" to all units that reduces the HP regeneration in neutral/enemy territory by +1 HP for each battle they fought in neutral or in enemy territory up to +0 HP regen . This penalty is removed if they enter in an allied territory

Related suggestion, but different, is adding a "promotion" to ranged naval units that makes them unable to attack land units or cities that are not directly on shore, even if they have Line of Sight . Once they acquire Line of Sight(through promotions or upgrades), they are now able to do just that.

Both suggestions seems the simplest way there is to fix the whole problem of "ranged superiority", that allows us to do absurd things, such as wiping out entire land armies with just overpromoted frigates and overpromoted crossbowmen .

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

So, if a warior is full health, you can one-shot it with à gattling gun, but not if it is half-health ?

Scalling with HP seems a bad idea for me.

If you realy want to nerf ranged units, changing unit ranged strengths (directly, not with some odd modifier) seems better.

Alternative ways that comes to my mind :
    + Ranged units take damage when attacking. (Not realistic, but like air units)
    OR
    + When defending against ranged unit, terrain modifier are muttiplied (by 2 or 3), and/or you apply a penalty if the unit is not adjacent (scalling with the distance)

Personnaliy, I have no problem with the Ranged superiority.

17. Gazebo

There really isn't a ranged superiority problem in the CBP, primarily because ranged units are extremely fragile now.

G

18. Zares

Zares Warlord

Something, some kind of bonus for capturing citadels would be nice. If there is a fortified unit, attacking a citadel is like capturing a city :p

19. Rok

Rok Chieftain

Thank you for your work on this.

After more than 10 restarts after installing the community balance patch, the only resource that ever showed up near my city was wheat! And there was often not a single resource. Before installing the community balance patch, I used to see at least 2 and usually 3 resources, sometimes up to 7, including luxury, near my city, no matter how many times I restart. And when I disable the balance patch, which unfortunately forces me to disable everything else, and only keep the community patch, the game returns to normal, giving me 2 to 3 resources near my starting location.

Does the community balance patch reduce resources??

20. Gazebo

No, update your version of civ and follow all install instructions. Also, note that some resources (bonus resources) do not appear until certain techs are unlocked.

G