Baldur's Gate II

like sleeping or just hanging around?

so apparently they fight and hit on you.... seems interesting

I had Viconia in my party once. It was a good natured party and she's evil. I also had Keldorn in my party. Viconia and keldorn, after numerous arguments, decided to pick a fight. Viconia got killed.
Hey, i didn't know that. But then again i never had Keldorn in the party. I was the Paladin. :)
The problem with Yoshi is somewhat unavoidable, so more fun to find out yourself ;)
It can be avoided if you really, really want to. But he's not that good.
well i'm half orc, i dont see anything going on :p

but how does that happen? i dont imagine during a battle they'd grab at you :lol:
:lol:
Think romantic stuff.
You won't get a message after a battle - "Viconia has pinched your butt. You ..."
1) Pinch her butt
2) Ask her why did she do that
3) Wink
4) Kiss her
5) B1tchslap her

... :mischief:

Hey, i didn't know that. But then again i never had Keldorn in the party. I was the Paladin. :)

It can be avoided if you really, really want to. But he's not that good.

:lol:
Think romantic stuff.
You won't get a message after a battle - "Viconia has pinched your butt. You ..."
1) Pinch her butt
2) Ask her why did she do that
3) Wink
4) Kiss her
5) B1tchslap her

... :mischief:

One great thing with BG2's romances is Viconia's romance.
If you really answer all the right things to her she will eventually do a alignement switch. from evil to good.

Yojimbo is a great thief. but.........

And the best killing machine in the game is Minsk. Specialize him in dual weapon combat and give him proficiencies on the katana. Get yojimbo's katana and go find the "Celestial fury" with those 2 katanas thMinsk wil be able to go through any enemy.

Nope!

Sorry for the necromancy, but I've just recently re-installed the game and I'm bent on actually beating it this time

I was wondering though, After the Skinner murders:

Spoiler :
What do I do with the Inspector's body? I'm lugging it around with me but I'd like to get rid of it

It's been a while since I last played the game but I think you're supposed to go to that one building in government district and talk to someone

there we go, got rid of the body and got some exp :p

and for another question, one sword I have has its damage listed as 1d10+2 and the other is 2d4+1

how does one decrypt this information into "better sword, smashy smashy" ? since I'm rather unfamilar with how the D&D system works

1d10+2 means "one roll of a 10-sided die, and +2 to the overall sum", 2d4+1 means "two rolls of a 4-sided die, and +1 to the overall sum".
So 1d10+2 gives you 3-12 points of damage, 2d4+1 3-9.
Clearly, the first is caused more damage, assuming both are equally fast.

Got the itch to play Baldur's Gate 1&2, so just installed both w/expansions and topped it off w/BGT. http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/bgt

This allows playing Baldur's Gate (BG1) w/Bg2 graphics.

There's another mod BG TuTu ( http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98 )

The difference is when you finsh BG1 and transfer to BG2, BGT allows transferring upgrades with the characters, BGtutu doesn't.

If your interested in installing BGT try Dan Simpson's faq ( http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/75251-baldurs-gate/faqs/2456 ) in Section ii. The Modern Baldur's Gate Installation has a complete guide.

For BG tutu, the instructions are at the link.

This thread was started in 2001. This thread is so old there are unregistered users posting as "guests". Nobody in this thread is a currently active user.

This thread was started in 2001. This thread is so old there are unregistered users posting as "guests". Nobody in this thread is a currently active user.
Yes, I saw that when I searched for and used this thread rather than others whose titles were not Baldur's Gate specific.

Is there any reason why it shouldn't be used?

Back to the Baldur's Gate 1&2 installations, there's this:
Icewind Dale 2 Ultimate Installation Guide
18 Replies
Many people wonder if old Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale 2, Planescape: Torment and Baldur’s Gate run well under Windows 7/Vista. The answer is yes: these games are not that old, and in many cases they will work fine out of the box like any other game. However, should you have any issues, this guide is here to help. I will show you how to install, configure, patch and mod the game for an optimal gameplay experience. In this guide, we’ll focus on Icewind Dale 2, but a lot of this information also applies to other Infinity Engine games.

Step 1) Installation
{Snip}
https://zeckul.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/icewind-dale-2-ultimate-installation-guide/
Have followed it's instructions with good results on a Win10.

On certain forums, it's bad form to start a new thread when an old one exists. Here I think the mods prefer that people just post new threads. It's nice of you to look so throughoutly after a Baldur's Gate 2 thread. But another time, I think it'd be better to post a new thread. :)

On certain forums, it's bad form to start a new thread when an old one exists. Here I think the mods prefer that people just post new threads. It's nice of you to look so throughoutly after a Baldur's Gate 2 thread. But another time, I think it'd be better to post a new thread. :)

I personally say congrats to the OP (in this new old thread). So many people just start a new thread without even reading whats already on the forum. then mods have to merge the threads.

;)

My advice on BG 2, as long as you are not playing the enhanced edition (i dont think it works on the enhanced edition), is to download and install the ascension mod. It adds some really interesting dialogue with Sarevok and you can change his alignment at the end. It also adds revamped battles for all the Bhaalspawn and the final battle. Next to Longwar, i think its one of the best mods ever made. The guy used to work in Black Isle so he knew all about the game.

I personally say congrats to the OP (in this new old thread). So many people just start a new thread without even reading whats already on the forum. then mods have to merge the threads.

;)

My advice on BG 2, as long as you are not playing the enhanced edition (i dont think it works on the enhanced edition), is to download and install the ascension mod. It adds some really interesting dialogue with Sarevok and you can change his alignment at the end. It also adds revamped battles for all the Bhaalspawn and the final battle. Next to Longwar, i think its one of the best mods ever made. The guy used to work in Black Isle so he knew all about the game.
Yes, have the Ascension mod installed.

Not that far into the game yet, messing around the friendship inn now.

Went with a Caviler Pal, rolled for some pretty good stats. About ready to move on.

Yes, have the Ascension mod installed.

Not that far into the game yet, messing around the friendship inn now.

Went with a Caviler Pal, rolled for some pretty good stats. About ready to move on.

I dont like Paladins. They are too goody goody for me. If i was a Baldurs gate character i would probably be a chaotic good bard. Except for the fact i cant sing. :assimilate:

I dont like Paladins. They are too goody goody for me.
Pals have advantages, mighty warriors that cure, plus http://www.ign.com/wikis/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/Paladin
If i was a Baldurs gate character i would probably be a chaotic good bard. Except for the fact i cant sing. :assimilate:
:lol: They do have their place, there's even a solo game faq for them http://www.sorcerers.net/community/index.php?threads/bards-with-wands-an-uber-solo-recipe.1399/

Looks interesting.

I'm still here.

Top Bottom