Barbarossa II - eastern front

Hi, was wondering how far the translation is with this scenario? I read Hammerwise was going to work on it?

I also want to ask what the black land should look like I find in norway, or do I have a corrupt download?

Attachments

• norway.GIF
    norway.GIF
    281.7 KB · Views: 479
Hi, was wondering how far the translation is with this scenario?
The translation of the civilopedia is a very difficult task and for now, nobody want to help me :sad:

I read Hammerwise was going to work on it? I don't know if he has begin something ... :confused:

what the black land should look like I find in norway This black terrain is impenetrable. It delineates the border of Sweden, which is neutral (including its territorial waters). It also indicates areas where the map has been simplified and truncated.

Hi gang,

Played almost 1 turn last night!!! WOW, love the scenario.

As yet am having intermitternt issues with broadband at home. I live in London, but my phone line isn't working properly, BT is on the way finally.

So I haven't had a chance to devote a SET AMOUNT of time to a PBEM game or the civilopedia yet.

For anybody that is interested a few pages back is the building meanings, if you change these in editor, almost everything else in the scenario is self-explanatory.

Please don't NOT play this game based on the civilopedia being in French. This is one of the best 4 scenarios I have ever seen.

Thanks General

Do you have a translation yet? If No, if you will post the main file on Atomic Gamer ( a file hosting site) located HERE, I will translate it for you. You will have to become a member. It is easy and completely free. It is the best file hosting site on the web IMO for gaming files and the easiest to use. If you decide to do this, send me a PM so I will know when to download it.

I have downloaded the scenario and started the translation. However I have a problem. I am getting a pediaicon error. "Missing entry in "pediaicon.txt" : ICON_BLDG_Prague

I checked the civilopedia and the pediaicon txt files and everything is there
#ICON_BLDG_Prague
CULTURE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Prague_Large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Prague_Small.pcx

The pcx files are in the civilopdia/icon/building folder

I don't know why it is not working.

I can't check the english version of the civilopedia until I can load the game. Can you give me the fix?

If you've downloaded the files from the links indicated in my post #186 above you shoudn't have this problem.
I don't know what's wrong:
- problem with your winrar version?
- uncorrect archive files?
- you don't unpacked the files in ...\conquests\scenarios ?

:confused:

Thank you for your help if you want to translate this mod but you know it will be a very hard/long job!

If you've downloaded the files from the links indicated in my post #186 above you shoudn't have this problem.
I don't know what's wrong:
- problem with your winrar version?
- uncorrect archive files?
- you don't unpacked the files in ...\conquests\scenarios ?

:confused:

Thank you for your help if you want to translate this mod but you know it will be a very hard/long job!

No problem. I have it working now. I think I will have to translate ALL the txt files in order for this to work. I will get started and let you know how it works out. I'll keep you posted.

Hey not so bad! :goodjob:
But it's just the begining of the adventure :D

I am working on the script file now as soon as it is done, I will send you the files. Their are a few words here and there that are giving me some problems but it should not take too long to sort them out. Also some of the translated "LINKS" are not working in the translated civilopedia. If I can't correct them, maybe you could.

Maybe we can finish this before Xmas.

Ok here is what I have so far. The four txt files ( civilopedia, pediaicon, Labels, and script) have been translated to english. There is still some work to be done. I have finished most of the translations needed in the Biq file, however there is still some work to be done here, and more work need to be done on the civilopedia, but the english version is completely playable, I think.
WARNING: IF YOU DOWNLOAD THESE CHANGES MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR EST TEXT FOLDER.

These changes are primarily for General-jcl but feel free to use them if you wish.

General check these files. I am going to finish up the BIQ file first as that is the easiest job then i will continue working on the civilopdia file. Merry Xmas my friend Joyeux Noël

Attachments

• Text.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
The Guardian, it's great that you have taken this job to translate the Barbarossa II! :clap:

This is a wonderful scenario and I wish I would understand French more than now to play this properly and enjoy it's every aspect. But on this point my French is concentrated on tourism as I've just started studying it. :(

The Guardian, it's great that you have taken this job to translate the Barbarossa II! :clap:

This is a wonderful scenario and I wish I would understand French more than now to play this properly and enjoy it's every aspect. But on this point my French is concentrated on tourism as I've just started studying it. :(
LOL Merry Xmas Well, now maybe you can enjoy it a little bit more, and maybe this will give you an incentive to study hard in school.

Any progress on the translation? I got bored and began to translate the biq myself so if you want I'll upload it here when I am ready. :D

Top Bottom