Bare Necessities

Hey guys,

Any chance we could get a zip version of this mod update uploaded somewhere? I'm having a lot of trouble with the steam subscriptions. thanks!

Hey guys,

Any chance we could get a zip version of this mod update uploaded somewhere? I'm having a lot of trouble with the steam subscriptions. thanks!
Could try those Steam Workshop Downloader sites and extract them like a regular .zip.

Another update again... coinciding with a World Congress Reformation and Civic & Reform Update... ugh...
Neolithic Wonders
  • Skarabrae's instant yield horse bonus increased from 1 to 2.
Policy Buildings
  • Sauna's food yield reduced from +2 to +1.
  • City Hall no longer provides +1 base Production.
  • Manor House's Faith reduced from +3 to +2.
  • Manor House's Instant Food reduced from +150 to +100.
  • State Embassy no longer grants influence with all City-State.
  • State Embassy now grants 3 Papers and +33% Great Diplomat Generation.
  • State Embassy no longer grants bonus yields from having population in the Capital.
  • Botanical Gardens now include Marshes and Atolls as part of its science bonus worked from Forests and Jungles.
Check the Steam Update!

Policy Buildings
  • Saunas provides +1 Food to Wells, Watermills, and Baths.
  • Town Council's Yield Bonus reworked from +1 Food/Production/Gold/Culture/Science to +1 Food/Production/Gold/Border Growth Point/Golden Age Point. Also gets +1 Science after Mathematics.
  • Stronghold grants +1 Production to Ordos.
  • Stronghold's +10% Production on all Land Melee Units converted to +20% Production on Melee and Gun Units.
  • Manor Houses can be built faster once Nobility (+100% Production toward Castle and Armories Policy) is unlocked.
  • State Embassy now provides +1 Paper instead of +3 Paper. Grants +2 Gold, +2 Culture, and +2 Science as a base yield. Friendship now earns +1 Gold with Alliance additionally granting +1 Culture and +1 Science.
  • Memorial reworked. Grants 5 Culture scaling on era for each GP expended. Provides +25% Merchant, Engineer, and Scientist Generation.
  • Patent Office no longer grants Great Merchant Progress from building Industrial Buildings.
  • Patent Office provides +1 Production and Gold to Scientists.
  • Depot's Internal Trade Completion Gold bonus increased from 50 to 100.
  • Botanical Garden reworked: 3 Food and 1 Science base yield. Provides +2 Food to Scientists and Garden in the City. +1 Science for every 2 Forest, Jungle, or Flood Plains worked. +1 Science to Marshes, Atolls, and Oases.
National Wonders
  • National Military Academy now grants +10 XP globally instead of +15 XP and produces land units faster in the City.
  • National Naval Academy now grants +10 XP globally instead of +15 XP and produces naval units faster in the City.

First update for the new patch!

Policy Buildings
  • Depot now gains +1 Happiness.
National Wonders
  • National Wonders properly adjusted from Population requirements.
More Beliefs
  • Gurdwara phased out since it is added in VP. Follower buildings no longer have Great Work Slots and Religious Resistance.
  • Aul no longer provides Unit Supply. Reduces Empire Size Need Modifier by -10% instead of -5%.
  • Kongmiao's Great Person Generation increased from +25% to +33%.
  • Food for Thought no longer provides +2 Production to their buildings but increases the Food bonus from +2 to +3.
  • Maritime Spirit no longer allows faith-purchasing Mine Fields.

First update for 3.5!
Policy Buildings
  • State Embassy no longer has gold maintenance.
  • Memorial no longer grants +25% Great People Progress toward Engineers, Merchants, and Scientists.
  • Memorial now grants +5 Golden Age Points from expending Great People (from +5 Culture), scaling with Era.
  • Memorial's yields buffed from +2 Culture, +1 Tourism to +3 Culture, +3 Tourism.
More Beliefs
  • Kongmiao's Great Person Generation reduced from +33% to +25%.
  • Fixed the 4 Follower Building's religion flavoring.

First update for 3.6!
More Beliefs
  • Kongmiao no longer reduces Illiteracy by 1 but reduces Urbanization by 1.
  • Fixed Atash's bug (It was converting 15% Science into Faith rather than 15% Faith into Science). Also nerfed to 10% for consistency reasons.
  • Aul no longer reduces Empire Size reduction. Now grants +1 Food and +1 Production for every 3 Grassland/Plains worked.
  • Jinja reduces Illiteracy instead of Distress.
  • Enlightened Values only grants +1 Golden Age Point to their respective buildings instead of +1-4.
  • Maritime Spirit now produces +1 Production and +1 Faith for every 2 Citizens instead of +1 Food and +1 Faith for every 2 Citizens working Sea tiles in your Cities.

Updated for 3.8, Check OP for changes.

I've always played with this mod but I have never had access to the 4 neolithic wonder buildings for some reason! Are they now obsolute or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
I've always played with this mod but I have never had access to the 4 neolithic wonder buildings for some reason! Are they now obsolute or am I doing something wrong?
you kinda need the neolithic mod

Top Bottom