[R&F] Based on the new features - which civilizations and leaders should be introduced in R&F?

If Isabella is the alt. I hope she has an ability dealing with natural wonders again lol

We do have the Earth Goddess pantheon though

I'm still really uncertain what they're going to do about alt-leaders. How official many civs and alt-leaders do you think we will get for civilization?

Four more alternative leaders and Nineteen more civs? (this expansion included), so after R&F Eleven more civs and three more alternates?

Assuming they are going to reveal Ottomans, Mali, Iroquois, Inca and Georgia, that does mean we need 11 more civs, and they're going to be Zulu, Maya's, Ethiopia, Sweden, Canada, Portugal, Celts, Carthage, Byzantium, Babylon and the dark horse Italy. (most prominent candidates).

I really hope we will get more than 50 civs and leaders combined. It seems like it probably will, but then again, 8 civs seems like a low amount of new civs to be added in this expansion pack to be honest.

Last edited:
I‘d prefer 30 civs with really interesting abilities to 50 that feel generic. They don‘t have to be perfectly balanced for me, but they should feel different besides colors and architecture and a UB that looks different. Of course, I‘d take 50 with 30 of them being interesting to play :p

And with that feeling, I prefer new civs to alternate leaders.

I seriously doubt they'd "give away" all new leaders in the teaser-video - that would kinda defeat the purpose of them stretching out the introduction of new leaders/features.

Besides: The Statue of Liberty and the Berlin Wall feature pretty prominently in the video... so shouldn't we be getting another US president and a German leader?

Like this guy? :D

Yes: The video does feature one new leader - and scenes that could be viewed as hinting at other leaders (WW2 resistance fighters in a Nazi-occupied country = Wilhelmina). But the way I see it, most of the images are just meant to evoke different periods in human history and different examples of what humans can achieve or what they're capable of inflicting on their fellow man. Visuals like the gladiators in the Roman Colosseum, the Berlin Wall coming down or immigrants seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time fit that definition perfectly.

Oh, and BTW: As much as I loved Venice in Civ V and would love to see them return, I didn't read the "bring out your dead"-scene as evocative of Venice. That mask was pretty common with physicians all over Europe back in the days of the black plague. It was filled with herbs and such which, according to contemporary understanding, would shield the physician from infection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor

E.

Oddly enough, the mask itself was probably aiding greatly in preventing infection.

I'm still really uncertain what they're going to do about alt-leaders. How official many civs and alt-leaders do you think we will get for civilization?

Four more alternative leaders and Nineteen more civs? (this expansion included), so after R&F Eleven more civs and three more alternates?

Assuming they are going to reveal Ottomans, Mali, Iroquois, Inca and Georgia, that does mean we need 11 more civs, and they're going to be Zulu, Maya's, Ethiopia, Sweden, Canada, Portugal, Celts, Carthage, Byzantium, Babylon and the dark horse Italy. (most prominent candidates).

I really hope we will get more than 50 civs and leaders combined. It seems like it probably will, but then again, 8 civs seems like a low amount of new civs to be added in this expansion pack to be honest.

if this really is the final list, I'll be extremely-- extremely-- unhappy. ONE Native North American civ, but Canada and Australia are in the game?

luckily, though i'm not particularly sanguine about what a final civ roster might look like, I don't think it'll be quite this appallingly Eurocentric. I hope. I've certainly been wrong before.

As to the final numbers discussion, though I'd personally like for them to continue with the DLC, the difficulty of not being able to incorporate any of R&F's new mechanics into a civ's abilities does make me think it really unlikely. And as far as I can remember they've never had three expansion packs for a civ game in the past. Though that doesn't preclude them from doing so now, I guess.

if this really is the final list, I'll be extremely-- extremely-- unhappy. ONE Native North American civ, but Canada and Australia are in the game?

luckily, though i'm not particularly sanguine about what a final civ roster might look like, I don't think it'll be quite this appallingly Eurocentric. I hope. I've certainly been wrong before.

As to the final numbers discussion, though I'd personally like for them to continue with the DLC, the difficulty of not being able to incorporate any of R&F's new mechanics into a civ's abilities does make me think it really unlikely. And as far as I can remember they've never had three expansion packs for a civ game in the past. Though that doesn't preclude them from doing so now, I guess.

Agreed.

I've never seen a game make a DLC that requires other DLCs. I imagine it would be pretty difficult to communicate to customers. They could go the Civ V route where a DLC civ could have one set of abilities and then have the R&F DLC apply different avilities, but that's increasing development time for little benefit.

I still think we will see four female leaders and five male leaders in the next expansion. We've already seen two female leaders, and if Isabella is a women, than there is only one female spot left, and that's probably Georgia. The Inca are certainly going to be led by a male, but if we see a native American civ, it's possible we would see the Iroqious in a second or third expansion. Besides, if they truly go for geographical diversity, then we would see a western native north-American civ like the Apache or Navajo. The Apache is slightly more likely because of the option of Geronimo as leader.

Canada in a DLC and Jigonhassee of the Iroquois in a second or third expansion pack. Lady Six Sky and Eva Peron are also two other female options for the America's. Taino has also a female option. Simon Bolivar could lead Colombia, and Muisca, Arawak and the Inuit are dark horse examples.

I really hope for more native civs actually, since the world currently feels a bit too modern...

My prediction about the remaining 5 civs for the R&F: Ottomans, Portugal, Genoa, Inca and Powhatan. Besides: as an alt leader - Isabella and as a theme for a scenario - the discovery of the Americas.

It seems the next two FL were leaked in a China website, the Cree and the Alt leader- India leader!
the videos can not be watch now( needs code lol), so do not know who the leaders specifically

Hm, I'll wait for more details or official information before I believe that. The Cree would at least fill both the Canada and native American gaps.

If the Cree are coming, I want Ahchacoosacootacoopits ...

On a more serious note: Piapot isn‘t a bad choice.

For those who the image is blocked for:
Spoiler :

EDIT: For the longest time the image was just a kid with some text in Chinese over it. I went through a whole ordeal for the past half hour with Google Translate to figure out what site was blocking it to reveal it, but now the original image is unblocked. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's just what appears to be two private images/videos labeled 'Civilization VI Rise and Fall - ____ Leader'. The second one definitely says Indian Leader. The first one Google Translate says is "Kerry Leader", which going by the original poster is "Cree". My Chinese is barely elementary, but I wouldn't put too much stock into the image. Most significantly it's unsourced (though if the OP could provide it that would be very helpful!), and the fact that it's just two boxes saying ___ Leader makes it very easy to fake. It could be a good point of discussion and given how surprisingly often leaks like this happen for other games (early private trailer uploads have spoiled many Nintendo reveals, for instance), could very well be true. But no one should get their hopes too high up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, if not Canada, at least we're getting a Canadian tribe :lol:

This is a pleasant surprise. I didn't think we'd ever see a tribe from north of the Great Lakes.

Also: I'm almost certain that the alt-Indian leader will end up being a woman, in which case it'll likely be Nur Jahan.

Top Bottom