BAT Feedback Thread

I probably won't be changing anything until miss lemon chimes in. I think what perplexes me more than this F1 screen not looking right in BAT is why I see the same thing when running BUG. I didn't think a BAT install effected other mods.

This might help:

BAT = BUG + BULL + some graphics mods.​

So they are not mutually exclusive. You can have them share settings because older versions of BUG work fine with newer settings files. Anything it doesn't understand it ignores. The reason you are seeing only five choices in F1 is because it's not finding its settings files, and those are created by default in that case.

It's okay to not share settings. It just means you have to set things up in both. If you do a lot of customization, do it in one and copy the settings (INI files and CustDomAdv.txt) to the other. BUG in the CustomAssets folder stores its settings in My Games / BTS / BUG Mod. Just copy the UserSettings folder into the "BAT Mod 2.1" folder. The F1 settings are in CustDomAdv/CustDomAdv.txt (yes, folder and file name match except for .txt).

I do not know why BAT crashes when you share settings. That is very strange. If it was going to crash, I would expect it to crash when you didn't share settings since that requires writing settings into the programs folder, and under Vista/7 that's a no-no.

I don't understand why BAT crashes on exit for some people. I'm currently running five different versions of BAT and none of them crash. Three with the old BUG/BULL, and two with the new releases. I haven't actually had a crash on exit since I moved to Windows 7, IIRC.

I can say for certain that I did not touch any of the BUG code or configuration files when making the current BAT patch, nor will I for the new release, beyond some configuration XML. That XML will use the standard "BUG interface" and methods defined by the BUG team, and I have already tested it thoroughly.

@Lymond: I can't replicate your Heavy Footman - Archer button mixup with Byzantium. At least not with the BAT versions that I'm using. Would you mind checking if the problem has gone away now that you've reinstalled? (Just use WB, if possible. Thank you. ;))

This might help:

BAT = BUG + BULL + some graphics mods.​

So they are not mutually exclusive. You can have them share settings because older versions of BUG work fine with newer settings files. Anything it doesn't understand it ignores. The reason you are seeing only five choices in F1 is because it's not finding its settings files, and those are created by default in that case.

It's okay to not share settings. It just means you have to set things up in both. If you do a lot of customization, do it in one and copy the settings (INI files and CustDomAdv.txt) to the other. BUG in the CustomAssets folder stores its settings in My Games / BTS / BUG Mod. Just copy the UserSettings folder into the "BAT Mod 2.1" folder. The F1 settings are in CustDomAdv/CustDomAdv.txt (yes, folder and file name match except for .txt).

I do not know why BAT crashes when you share settings. That is very strange. If it was going to crash, I would expect it to crash when you didn't share settings since that requires writing settings into the programs folder, and under Vista/7 that's a no-no.

Thanks for responding, EF. I don't do any customization. I just want it to work. I've only used BAT a few times and stopped and uninstalled the prior version because of its issues. When LM took over and released a patch, I tried it again. It seemed fine until I realized the F1 screen was not right for both BAT and BUG.

I assumed BAT was stand-alone. That is, when installed it does not conflict with other mods whether I run it or not. My general plan is to use BAT for forum games in WB save format - otherwise, I use BUFFY for those. I use BUG 4.2 (now 4.3) in custom assets for forum games in normal save format. (I also have BUG installed stand-alone (multi-player) but rarely use it that way)) Of course, I use BUFFY for BOTMs. Note that BUFFY does not appear to be effected by this issue.

So as far as my setup, I don't change anything. However, I have a few version of custom assets for the different mods I play and use ruff_hi's asset changer to switch between them, as follows:

1) Null - clean vanilla (I use this for BAT assuming it will use it's full graphic capabilities. I think it uses something other than Blue Marble)
2)Blue Marble - clean vanilla with Blue Marble
3)BUG 4.2 - with Blue Marble
4)BUG 4.3 - with Blue Marble (I just installed this today

In addition, I've installed BULL in both BUG's custom asset folder copies and manually switch between BULL and vanilla DLL depending on the mods. I do not use BULL DLL with BAT or BUFFY. One reason I like using BUFFY (or BAT) is that BULL is installed fully - something I can't do myself.

So I do have a bit going on, but I don't change anything outside of what's described above and I have not touched the BUG Mod folder in My Games/BTS. I wouldn't even no what to do with that.

It sounds like I probably should do the standard install of BAT. However, for some reason that crashes.

I have Vista.

I don't understand why BAT crashes on exit for some people. I'm currently running five different versions of BAT and none of them crash. Three with the old BUG/BULL, and two with the new releases. I haven't actually had a crash on exit since I moved to Windows 7, IIRC.

I can say for certain that I did not touch any of the BUG code or configuration files when making the current BAT patch, nor will I for the new release, beyond some configuration XML. That XML will use the standard "BUG interface" and methods defined by the BUG team, and I have already tested it thoroughly.

@Lymond: I can't replicate your Heavy Footman - Archer button mixup with Byzantium. At least not with the BAT versions that I'm using. Would you mind checking if the problem has gone away now that you've reinstalled? (Just use WB, if possible. Thank you. ;))

I'm attaching a save of my Biz game with the heavy footman-archer issue. Note that I have the "don't share" install, but it is the patched version.

Attachments

• NC43 Bismarck AD-1325.CivBeyondSwordSave
    285.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm attaching a save of my Biz game with the heavy footman-archer issue. Note that I have the "don't share" install, but it is the patched version.
Ah, Bismarck! Jeez, I'm a dolt. I thought you meant a Byzantium game. I'll check this tonight after work. Heck, if I'm mixed up, who knows what the art files are doing? :lol:

Ah, Bismarck! Jeez, I'm a dolt. I thought you meant a Byzantium game. I'll check this tonight after work. Heck, if I'm mixed up, who knows what the art files are doing? :lol:
Wasn't the very first thing you did when taking over BAT having a good long talk to the graphic files and telling them all that a new mistress is in town? I would have thought they would have all fallen into line!

Wasn't the very first thing you did when taking over BAT having a good long talk to the graphic files and telling them all that a new mistress is in town? I would have thought they would have all fallen into line!
"Nobody ever listens to me..." :lol:

Actually, the very first thing I did when I took over BAT was that I grabbed my sweetie, gave her a kiss, and then jumped up and down with glee till she looked at me like I was a loony.

Then I took my medication and had a talk with the graphic files. :mischief:

@lymond: You were correct sir. I found a number of buttons that I had missed in one of the module files for Varietas. Thank you for the head's up. They have now been fixed. :)

Well, as it is a BAT feedback thread I think it's OK to ask here.

1. The feedback: the BAT mod is awesome. When a Russian settler told me in Russian "what are our plans?!" I almost fell off my chair. I'm playing as Toku now and I hear nice Japanese reports and it's so great I can't even describe it. It's the one and only mod I'm playing BtS with. And the BUG... well, there's nothing to say about the BUG mod which hasn't been said before. Thank you for amazing work.

2. The question: if I'm not mistaken, the current BAT mod has the BUG version 4.2 . However, the current BUG version is 4.3 Is it true? And if it is, what are the plans to incorporate the latest BUG into the BAT?

2. The question: if I'm not mistaken, the current BAT mod has the BUG version 4.2 . However, the current BUG version is 4.3 Is it true? And if it is, what are the plans to incorporate the latest BUG into the BAT?
I think you are in luck ...
Take heart, though, I'm doing my best to push out BAT 2.2 this weekend (Fingers crossed). Hopefully, you won't have this weird installation problem with the new release.

Stay tuned. :)

Lemon,

I see "BAT 2.2 released" in the "Download BUG and BAT Here!" thread and the same notification in your signature. The link ( in your signature) points to BAT 2.1.1a patch (171.9 MB) and there is no .zip file (yet) in the "Download BUG and BAT Here!" thread. What gives?

Lemon,

I see "BAT 2.2 released" in the "Download BUG and BAT Here!" thread and the same notification in your signature. The link ( in your signature) points to BAT 2.1.1a patch (171.9 MB) and there is no .zip file (yet) in the "Download BUG and BAT Here!" thread. What gives?
Ah, my friend, you must read carefully. :)

As the announcement in the Download thread states, I was unable to place the file in the proper place at SourceForge this morning. EmperorFool is doing that for me today at some point, and I will edit the announcement as appropriate. I didn't think I would have time to put up the announcement later today, so I did it during the failed upload. My bad.

I'll just ask that all of you BAT fans be patient for just a little while longer. It will be available today, and it is worth the wait. I promise. :)

-Lemon

If it's sourceforge, and ~300MB, no wonder you failed. Not failing would really surprise me (how does EF do that?)
But yeah, some people can't read, and others post in threads that are not for posting. To avoid that, next time wait until it's uploaded ;)

Ah, my friend, you must read carefully. :)

As the announcement in the Download thread states, I was unable to place the file in the proper place at SourceForge this morning.

-Lemon

Sorry, when I read your post in the download section, the text hadn't been edited yet, regarding the SourceForge upload failure. Furthermore, your signature regarding BAT 2.2 release was linked to BAT 2.1.1a patch, which I though it was useful to let you know.

Nevertheless, really thanks for your time and effort!

But yeah, some people can't read, and others post in threads that are not for posting.

Some people can't even use their brain -should they have one- before opening their big mouth. Go figure.

Now now, children. Let's keep things civil. Here are your swords. Have at it! :p

In any case, I have uploaded BAT 2.2 to SF.net. Oddly, it took 30 mins to download off their file server via SCP yet less than 10 minutes to upload to the HTTP server using the web interface. :eek:

Moderator Action: If you cannot be civil, I will be quite happy to lock this thread so you can explain to the regular moderator why you are grown up enough to post without supervision.

If it's sourceforge, and ~300MB, no wonder you failed. Not failing would really surprise me (how does EF do that?)
But yeah, some people can't read, and others post in threads that are not for posting. To avoid that, next time wait until it's uploaded ;)

Good advice. You would have no one posting where they shouldn't be if no announcement was made that something was available when it wasn't.

I need the BAT icon to get the installer to work right. I could upload an installer, but without an icon, it's kind of ******ed, so where is the icon?

Top Bottom