BE Enhanced User Interface EARLY BETA

Cheers! I love your mod for Civ5, which is so much better than the original UI in almost every way, it was painful to play with BE without it. If you take any suggestions about the mod and what should you do first for BE, these are IMO the most missing functions from Civ5 EUI:

1. Building queue management - drag and drop, move, buy buildings with one click.
2. Mouseover tooltips with yields and improvements.
3. City management screen, smaller building icons, smaller population icons on tiles.

Keep up the good work, and thanks!

P.S.: I really hoped, that someone at Firaxis take some ideas from EUI. It was so much better than the base UI, and they should have implemented a lot of things from EUI. Shame...

I only do code and logic - if you want changes to graphics, you need to pester people like Zyxpsilon or Nutty to make them, so I can then include them in BEUI.

Cheers

Oh, i did not know, that you need to change the graphics for that. TBH i am not that familiar with modding, i mainly just use them. I hoped maybe you can change the size of them with changing a single size value somewhere. And evidently i forgot, that you used the existing building icons and sizes in the EUI mod too. :)

I should look around in the forums than, i am fairly new here, especially in the modding section. Anyways, I can't wait the new EUI, keep up the good work!

Hey there, I've been working a little on modding the GUI myself and I was wondering if you'd be interested in incorporating any of the changes I've already made? (And maybe future modifications? Or maybe a collaberation?)

I'm not hugely experienced with modding, so I don't really know what I'm doing, but I have been able to interpret the game files and make direct changes myself.

Currently, my changes include:
- Slight changes to the ARC, Pan, and Franko civ colors to make them easier to look at
- Changes to a lot of the unit flag positions and stuff to make them easier to interpret (honestly, Firaxis, what were you thinking?)
- Tweaks to cutlure border numbers to make them less obtrusive
- Orbital units can now display yield icons (if the "display for civilian units" option is on)

There are also a number of other changes I have in mind and that I'm working on, and would like a place to put them, if you're interested.

So glad this exists, very excited for it after your tremendous CiV mod, especially as I feel the UI is by far BE's weakest point.

A suggestion : have a way to see easily how many trade routes are available in any given city. So far the only ways I can see are either having a trade unit and clicking on the rebase (or whatever it's called) button, or going to the trade screen and count how many trade routes there are in the city, which... no.

So glad this exists, very excited for it after your tremendous CiV mod, especially as I feel the UI is by far BE's weakest point.

A suggestion : have a way to see easily how many trade routes are available in any given city. So far the only ways I can see are either having a trade unit and clicking on the rebase (or whatever it's called) button, or going to the trade screen and count how many trade routes there are in the city, which... no.

FYI: This is already on the city screen just above the city name to the left you will see a gray arrow icon with a number like 1/3 behind it indicating the trade routes. If you hover your mouse over it, you will get details on your routes.

FYI: This is already on the city screen just above the city name to the left you will see a gray arrow icon with a number like 1/3 behind it indicating the trade routes. If you hover your mouse over it, you will get details on your routes.

Oh, thanks !

I'd still be nice to have a way of seeing that for all your cities at once, kind of like what you see when you're rebasing a trade unit.

hi there, any chance for some preview/screenshots showcasing the mod?

I only do code and logic - sorry not marketing

Cheers
uhh..what?

Asking for a simple screenshot of the mod in it's current state is not "marketing". The fact that you made a standalone post for the mod is already way more "marketing" than a single screenshot...

I only do code and logic - sorry not marketing

Cheers

A single sentence describing what the mod actually does in its current release, is hardly "marketing". Its common good modding practice. Same as good table manners, its just something you do. You're not selling anything.

The link in bc1's sig takes you to the thread for the Civ V mod on which this mod is based. Check out the Civ V mod to see if you want to use the beta. If you want a preview, there is a Marbozir YouTube video of the Civ V mod linked in the OP of that thread.

The link in bc1's sig takes you to the thread for the Civ V mod on which this mod is based. Check out the Civ V mod to see if you want to use the beta. If you want a preview, there is a Marbozir YouTube video of the Civ V mod linked in the OP of that thread.
Uh, you do realize this is a BE mod and not a Civ V mod?

Why would I want to look at what the UI looks in Civ V when I am playing Civ:BE?

Your choice is to see what this mod did in CiV and make a judgment on that basis, or download the beta and see for yourself. What is not acceptable is for posters to badger a mod author. They perform a service for the community, but they are not our servants, to be ordered about.

It's not hard to post a screenshot, nor is it really badgering just for something small as this. I won't download/install anything if I don't know what it will do, that's just good practice all together.

I love modders with all my heart though, hell I've even donated to some before. So god speed with this mod Bc1, I'll bookmark this and check it out a long time from now.

Top Bottom