Bede04B-The Greasy Silver Spoon (C3C1.22)

I reckon we can wait 4 turns easily,
would that mean a complete celts elimination or we let them to keep lugdunum?

I think we're better off taking Lugdunum and letting the Celts farm fish and frankincense in the desert.

Early - We enter the MA, getting Republic and currency from the GL.
March on the Celtic capitol. Lose a bowman attacking an archer.
The Incas, who aren’t even on our continent demand CoL. :p They declare war.
Babylon: MoM=>bow
Calix: worker=>worker
Entremont: bow=>bow
Incas build the Colossus

Middle – With the MoM, Lux to 0%. The attack on Lugdunum takes two turns. First turn, kill three spears and lose a sword. Next turn, kill two archers and capture Lugdunum. Rename it Lyon.
Kill a spear outside Xenia. Kill a warrior outside Lyon.
Spend 72G hurrying Lyon’s bowman to free up the sword.
Babylon: bow=>bow=>bow
Alesia: worker=>worker

Late - Kill an attacking archer out of Richborough. Move a large force next to the city.
Lyon: bow=>temple
Babylon: bow=>worker=>worker
Fbout Beach: cat=>barracks

After Action – Richborough should expand in about four or five turns. It probably won’t grow. I’d wait until expansion and capture it.
I started pealing workers off Babylon to improve the city and get it up to 20spt.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/Bede4b,150BC.SAV

Wow, what a difference a cow makes.....

Roster:
TimBentley - up
fbouthil
dmanakho
Bede
Sir Bugsy - leapt and kicked to music

I am pretty busy for the rest of the weekend and won't be able to play civ before monday evening. Since my turn is coming soon, you will probably have to skip me.

150(0)-Minor MMing
IBT-Babylon worker->Heroic Epic
Teaneck bowman->bowman
Calix worker->worker
Xenia bowman->bowman
130(1)-zzz
110(2)-zzz
IBT-:wallbash: Celtic warrior captures Lyons without injury
90(3)-zzz
IBT-Entremont bowman->courthouse
:smoke: Xenia riots (and I saw the warning on MapStat)
70(4)-Army captures Lyons
Maya knows engineering
50(5)-sword wins, elite bowman dies, vet bowman wins to capture Richborough, 2 workers
Workers spot some ivory NE of Xenia
IBT-Teotihuacan finishes SoZ
30(6)-Sumeria knows feudalism
disband scouting warrior
IBT-Mayan warrior attacks Aztec archer
learn feudalism
Alesia worker->worker
10 BC(7)-zzz
IBT-:smoke: Camulode riots because MP left
10 AD(8)-Army kills spear in Verulamium
30(9)-one of two swords promotes attacking Verulamium
Celtic capital is in southeast corner of continent
get two workers and 100 gold for peace
IBT-Fish Camp temple->harbor
50(10)-zzz

Notes: Not particularly inspired play, but the Celts are down to a remote city.

Here is the save.

We need to find our nexst whipping boy. Sumeria? Azteca?

Sumeria, I think, they are handy.

Roster:
fbouthil - right on time, I think
dmanakho - on deck
Bede
Sir Bugsy - leapt and kicked to music
TimBentley - Celts are in the chorus

I know I am a bit passed the 24h, but I have not been skipped by Bede yet so ...

I can play tonight.

Game Plan:
  • Since the Aztecs only have worthless cities, I will try to build military on the Sumerian border, maybe upgrade a few swords or release some garrison when furs are connected.
  • Most towns are on peaceful projects that will not finish in my 10t, so I guess I won't do much. Should I rush anything?
  • Make peace with the Incas just to prevent them from making a MA against us. We are not about to attack them anyway.

BTW, there is a city named in my honour! I don't know what I did to deserve that, but thanks!

50AD (preturn)
Move a few troops around so that swords can be upgraded.​
70AD (1)
Make peace with Inca and get their 7g.
Oups! I did not realize we were in war happiness.
Lux to 10% and hurry courthouse in Entremont to compensate.​
IBT
The road to Teaneck is finished, bringing furs to most of our cities and iron to Teaneck.
Apparently it also connects us to Maya as they demands our extra iron. I refuse and they declare war.
I will have to be careful about Calix so we do not lose our furs.​
90AD (2)
Maya finishes TGLight.​

130AD (4)
Rush temple in Verulamium for 96g to reduce flip chances. We do not want to lose our incenses.​
150AD (5)
Maya disembark javelin near Fish Camp.
Aztec move a lot of troops near our borders.
We finish the Heroic Epic.​
170AD (6)
Aztecs have AC. I should have read TimBentley timeline in more details. That makes them a much more tempting target, especially since we are at war with the Mayan because our troops would be at a good place to counterattack them if they decide to attack.
I start moving our pathetic extra troops (2 swords, 1 army, 1 pult) toward them.​
IBT
Aztecs move 9 units toward Fish Camp. It is defended with a single spear, so there is no hope of keeping that city.​
190AD (7)
Wanting to check the price of rushing a spear in Fish Camp, I accidently rush it for 52g. Since Aztecs will use 4 units to attack it in 2t, they have a very slight chance of surviving it.​
IBT
Galley drops more units near Fish Camp. There are now 6 units next to it. Fishermen are trembling in fear of the approaching archers.​
210AD (8)
Maya and Celts sign a MA against us.
As expected, Aztecs declare war and destroy Fish Camp losing an archer.
We learn engineering and Chivalry.
Richborough riots because of the war against Celts.​
250AD (10)
Kill a spear. I have moved a bowman to protect the attacking mace, but it may be more prudent to bring him back to Teaneck since a lot of Aztecs troops could be moving in that direction.​

We will have to be very careful. Even if they do not have many cities, the Aztecs stack of around 10 units (mostly archers, but a few AC also) that destroyed Fish Camp could make a lot of damage. Maybe we should hurry a few pikes in Teaneck.

We do not want Sumeria joining the dogpile. We may want to bring them in on an MA against the Maya. That will slow down the tech pace and have Sumerians marching al the way across the continent. That will also allow us to capture or autoraze some Aztec cities. At this point, autorazing is OK.

Got it...
will play tomorrow...
I haven't loaded the save but it already looks quite scary.
So wish me luck and hopefully things won't get messed up too bad :)

Peace with Maya is possible with payment of tribute, then an alliance with Sumeria against the Aztecs, it may even be possible to use the Maya against Azteca as well. Will cost some cash but we seem to have it.

How much cash is okay to spend to get alliance going?

do we need to sign both sumerians and mayans or just sumerians and make peace with mayans?

Whatever we can afford I think.

We may not be able to afford an alliance with both Sumer and Maya. Maya could deliver a faster punch, though Sumer is by far the bigger.

Pre-flight check:
Peace with Maya for the bribe of 120Gold
Embassy in Sumeria is built for 54Gold. They have 12pop city with 2 clowns and building knights.

T1. 260 AD. Sumerians have built a GW... will be much harder taking over them now.
2 Aztecs archers and elite Jag are approaching Fbouthil Beach. There are no Sumerian forces nearby. Should I have MA or should I not? I will wait another turn to see how things are turning out.
Rushed pike in Teaneck

IBT: Mayans are building Sistine.
A.Cav. vs. bowman -> bowman is promoted

T2. 270AD
I am taking risk -> couple of bowmen attacking Tbarafggaegd (I really can't spell Aztec names) city and auto-raze it. We captured one slave.
Crap just one turn ago size of Malinalco was 2 and now it only 1 so I have no choice but auto-raze it.
Catapult shoots and takes one hp of spear.
Army vs. reg. spear -> army with half hp taken away
Elite Sword vs. 2hp spear -> 1hp sword and Sumuabum raises, not sure who he is but must be some great leader of ours.
We captured a slave.

Things are getting worse... Did I say I saw 2 archers and a jag. I was wrong… I can clearly see 5 archers and elite jag :scan: in 2 turns from fbouthil beach and I have only 2 MDIs and a bow to defend it. :-(

IBT.
Lost 2 bowmen, 1 MDI. It was a good suggestion to rush a pike in Teaneck. It was attacked by 2 A.Cavs, both retreated but city stays ours.

T3. 280 AD. I stop the game here since Aztecs will talk peace and i don't want to continue without getting the team’s advice... If I don’t hear from you in next few hours I will make peace... Our military is a joke. Plus we will loose Fbouthil no doubt about that in 1 turn.
We have a leader and we have 2 options:
1. Build an Army
2. Rush FP…

It is really 50/50 choice. We need better military so it is a call for an army, but again we don’t have units to stuff into the army, and FP in Entremont will greatly improve our production order.
Decisions decisions. :confused:
So I need some input from the team here.

EDIT: We do not have any MAs so no rep will be ruined.
MORE EDITS: Celts will also make peace plus one of their cities and all the gold they have. Aztecs will only give gold but no cities
MORE MORE EDITS: It might be a better idea to rush FP. That way we should be able to build templar in our capital and pump knights in Entremont and Lugdunum

I agree with the fact that our military is a joke and we should make peace. Since the Aztecs have SoZ, it means their military will grow and they will probably redeclare pretty soon after our peace treaty expire unless they make war with another civ in the mean time.

Therefore: We should make sure we are ready for the next war by building lots of military units.

Since we had to pay the mayan for peace, I would not be surprised if they also declared soon after the peace treaty expires.

As I said before, I do not like having the FP in Entremont: Most cities around it will always stay small because of the terrain. Entremont itself is not that much corrupted. If we were to conquer Sumer soon, I would have said to build it there, but that does not sound likely. Maybe Teaneck? There seems to be some reasonable cities around it that we could conquer once our military is rebuilt.

Ok, Teaneck is a good place for FP...
So is it the FP in Teaneck or an empty Army????

Top Bottom