Best and Worst Civs for victory conditions.

smallfish: I figured so much. India must be hard when you go over king? Like playing India on a tundra start or England on a landlocked map. It is not really a challenge; - It just sucks.

On the other hand no civ was designed for settler or deity level. If you move too far from prince/king level, all bets are off.

Depends a lot on the map style, on continents, continents plus , archipelago and any other map that causes a lot of cities to be coastal and expansion is vital by means of maritime transportation and maritime assault, England has a big bonus starting with more moves and extra sight distance, by the time I have the Ship of the line, domination is guaranteed, doesn't matter how difficult the game is, A trained Longbow man (extra range) garrisoned in a city destroys a Pikemen or swordsmen unit with one volley and Ships of the line eliminate any incoming enemies by land or sea.

From the aggressor point of view, two or three Ships of the line destroy any defended city in several turns, by the time that all of its coastal cities are destroyed and most of it's forces too in that process, even the biggest and strongest capita city fortified and hidden from the shore gets so powerless that with two or three Longbow men placed carefully out of the city bombard range and a couple of well trained swordsman or even better, a longsword, the job gets done in several turns.

Of course lets not forget that the AI sucks when it comes to maritime warfare but as things are, absolute control and domination of the seas gets me always a domination victory as England.

To me, India would be the hardest (or "worst") civ to win a Domination victory with because of the UA. Though I guess if you were to focus on razing cities instead of making puppets India could work out.

To me, India would be the hardest (or "worst") civ to win a Domination victory with because of the UA. Though I guess if you were to focus on razing cities instead of making puppets India could work out.

It's exactly that UA that makes them on of the better domination players.

When a city is big enough, the reduced population based unhappiness more than makes up for the # of city based unhappiness.

Then you add in the undocumented feature that adding a court house negates city based unhappiness. So, you do only want puppets as India while waiting for the city to come out of resistance (or for cash to rush the court house)

What joncnunn said, India actually makes it even better to fully branch out Honor because Mughal Forts can add to happiness. Garrison an artillery and you'll get a total of +4 :c5culture: not counting the culture buildings. Even if you leave a city as a puppet without abusing the courthouse it should be obvious that +4 free :c5culture: without increasing SP costs is no ordinary matter and puppets make it a point to build them walls and forts too.

Thus I assert the fact that civ UAs are really misleadingly flexible. Hence my earlier comments that no civ is adapted to only one VC. Gandhi the Terrible of India. :lol:

It's not really which civilization you pick that can ensure you a better time or not but more which civilizations do you invite to your party for maximum gains.

Some are a bit obvious though.

I like to use Korea for boosting science and be strong at war because of the ultimate weapons my science allows me :)

I just deeply hate when I miss uranium or aluminium. In those cases, quite often therefore, I am forced to find a way to have it but sometimes I simply just can't.

Many matches have been won by the lucky one who finds Uranium or aluminium. I find this luck factor to be quite frustrating, do you agree ?

Top Bottom