• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Best Cola?

stormbind said:
First, I must define what I consider cola-flavoured:

Coca-Cola Original, Coca-Cola Classic, Coca-Cola II, Pepsi, Pepsi Max, Dr Pepper original, Dr Pepper, Virgin Cola.

Of those, the original Coca-Cola was most refreshing imo, but having said that, I have only tasted replicas - it was discontinued many years ago.

Of those currently available in the shops, I would go with Dr Pepper. However, the original and now discontinued recipe was better than the current one.

It seems colas just get worse with time. They definately get sweeter, and the recipes replace natural products with artificial flavouring.

"Classic" is "Original", unless you're referring to 19th Century Cocaine-laced Coca-Cola, but I doubt you're that old ...

Diet Coke
Diet Cherry Coke
Diet Vanilla Coke
Diet Mountain Dew
Diet Dr. Pepper
ICQ Rootbeer
Diet Barqs.

I drink diet for my teeth. My wieght is fine.

Tomoyo said:
White Servant Thirsty Happiness. (a.k.a. Pepsi)

Is that what they call it in Japan? In China there is the "Female Horse Stuff With Wax" (aka. Coka Cola)

I grew up in a Coke household, so, naturally, I prefer Coke over Pepsi. But I have discovered a store that carries a lot of smaller brand and foreign sodas.

My favorites of the new ones that I've tried are: Afri-Cola (Not overly syrupy German cola that has a whopping 250mg of caffeine [Jolt has 76mg]) and Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola (This stuff is beyond awesome. It is sweetened with cane sugar which gives it a very old fashioned taste. By far the best soda in existence.)

Coca-Cola > RC Cola > Dr. Pepper > bath water > Pepsi

Pepsi - Royal Crown - Dr Pepper - and the rest

Cherry Coke, Pepsi Crystal or Afri Cola.

Coke is absolute poison. Try drinking it at room temperature.

LLXerxes said:
Diet Coke
Diet Cherry Coke
Diet Vanilla Coke
Diet Mountain Dew
Diet Dr. Pepper
ICQ Rootbeer
Diet Barqs.

I drink diet for my teeth. My wieght is fine.
Yeah, but when you are young all that crap they put in diet soada can really damage...something.

I like Fanta sodas the most, but if we are talking just the cola taste then Coke.

That's why you drink it cold.

Diet Vanilla Coke or Pepsi. But I really shouldn't be drinking so much soda nowadays. :(

RC and Jolt are both far superior (in taste) to Coke and Pepsi.. but that's probably because they are loaded with sugar. :lol: If you're going to drink a cola, you really do it for two reasons; 1) Because it's sweet and 2) Because it's loaded with caffeine. With that in mind, Jolt was designed with more sugar and (at least) twice the caffeine of other colas.

My personal preference though is Mountain Dew. I realize it is not a cola, but just as Moss said, I dont usually drink colas. ;)

-Elgalad

Elgalad said:
RC and Jolt are both far superior (in taste) to Coke and Pepsi.. but that's probably because they are loaded with sugar. :lol: If you're going to drink a cola, you really do it for two reasons; 1) Because it's sweet and 2) Because it's loaded with caffeine. With that in mind, Jolt was designed with more sugar and (at least) twice the caffeine of other colas.

My personal preference though is Mountain Dew. I realize it is not a cola, but just as Moss said, I dont usually drink colas. ;)

-Elgalad
Funny,
The reason I hardly drink any sodas, is because there is too much sugar in it. This has nothing to do with diet, I simply dislike the taste.

Pepsi Max and occasionally some kind of sugar cane coke I found at one of the food stores. I'd drink vanilla coke and lemon coke if there was a lot less vanilla/lemon in them.

Are diet cokes better for you teeth as well?

I prefer Pepsi over Coca Cola. Most other flavours, especially the horrible vanilla Coke (IMHO of course) I bought once by mistake, appeal less to me.

Top Bottom