• Silence of the Lambs (1991), d. Jonathan Demme

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Thin Red Line (1999), d. Terrence Malick

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Three Colors Trilogy (1993/94), d. Krzysztof Kieslowski

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Truman Show (1998), d. Peter Weir

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Other (there are many, please don't be angry :mad:, just specify)

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
Hannibal Lector rules. Elizabeth, LA Confidential and Pulp Fiction are others of note. I'm glad to see that you listed Hoop Dreams. Its on the next level with things like Shawshank (just a little cheesy), Face/Off, Unforgiven, Big Lebowski, American Beauty. I should mention my wives favorite, Pretty Woman.

Here's a nice quote from one critic. The Thin Red Line - I LOVE war pictures. John Wayne, Combat the TV series... I'm all over them. I know war movies and this was not one of them. Nuff said there.

J

PS Did any else notice? One of those critics put You've got Mail in their top 10 list OMG :vomit:

Originally posted by napoleon526
WTF is The Thin Red Line doing on this list. I hate that movie with a passionate, blinding fury. It's the most godawful movie i've ever seen.
I agree, this movie is crap. However I'm sure there's something that the critics love about it... what it is I can't figure out.

Fight Club... but there are other good ones on the list...

Not to mention Big Money Hu$tla$...

Originally posted by Jeratain
I agree, this movie is crap. However I'm sure there's something that the critics love about it... what it is I can't figure out.

I posted a few reasons. It really is a good movie :goodjob:

Originally posted by calgacus
I posted a few reasons.
Yeah I saw that. I'm still confused:crazyeye:

Originally posted by calgacus
It really is a good movie
Let me finish that sentence for you: It really is a good movie to put you to sleep. :p

Nah, seriously though, I like movies that other people hate, and there's nothing wrong with liking the Thin Red Line. It's a movie that you really need to get into in order to enjoy it for what it is. There is a lot of dialogue over action, so people think more about the mental aspect the war had on soldiers over the physical aspect. I just never really got into it.

I chose other. I'm sorry, but I'm going to list three favorites from the 90s: the Matrix (1999), Titanic (1997), and Les Miserables (1998). Pardon my indecisiveness... :crazyeye:

calgacus? No Usual Suspects… That makes me angry, and you don’t want to see me angry :mutant: *morphs into the Hulk* ;)

On this list: Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas, Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, Thin Red Line (Take that Napoleon526 :p ), and Schindler's List.

My own: Usual Suspects, Clerks, Fifth Element, Saving Private Ryan, and the Matrix.

Schindler's List

Originally posted by JonathanValjean
I chose other. I'm sorry, but I'm going to list three favorites from the 90s: the Matrix (1999), Titanic (1997), and Les Miserables (1998). Pardon my indecisiveness... :crazyeye:

*probes for sarcasm*

none found! :confused:

i never thought that i would actually find someone who actually liked the titantic...... can you please expalin to me what is good about this movie please :)

best film of the 90's eh i dont know if this film whas produced in the 90's but Dances with wolves i love that film so much :)

edit: how could i forget about shawshnk that is one of my favourite films i wasnmt sure whether it was produced in the 90's though....

American Beauty was good. I don't think it was 'the best', but it was damn good.

I voted for PF and TSR. I much prefered shawshank to any other, tho. PF, honestly, at first bored me. It wasn't until the last little vigenette that I got hooked on the movie. If I had not stuck through the movie, I would have never seen it again. It's not as boring, now.

Shawshank blew me away. I could not believe this story. Not that the story was unbelieveable, but just how everything came together, and fit perfectly. Truly a masterpiece.

AB, well, there were some parts that didn't fit for me, but for the most part it was a great movie. The voice overs that Lester does add a depth to the movie, and I think they got it right for that one. SOme movies VO can just go on and on. Come to think of it, TSR was kinda wordy on the VO, but it also fit the story.

I voted for the Shawshank! But it was a close call for me with Pulp Fiction. I see most posters have the same opinion!

Favourit movies of the 90's:

Anything Q.Tarantino was involved in. From Pulp Fiction to Jackie Brown, True Romance to From Dusk Till Dawn. Some of the stuff R.Rodriguez made (The Faculty)
PI
Gattaca
Fight Club
Festen
Matrix
Seven
Dancer in the Dark
Boys don't Cry
High Fidelity
Being John Malkovich
The Virgin Suicides
Lynch movies (Lost Highway and Short Story)
Ice Storm

At least those are the ones I can think of. But this is a period of 10 years so the number of good movies is much higher. Perhaps this should be divided in categories, because almost every year there was an outstanding movie.

Originally posted by MrPresident
Schindler's List, no question.

The historical inaccurateness makes it fall off for me. And it is full with disturbing director mistakes.

1. American Beauty
2. Pulp Fiction
3. The Matrix
4. Titanic
5. Clueless
6. The Fifth Element

Top Bottom