BETA: 1.25 (#2)

In Foreign adviser screen, resources at bottom-right corner are reversed.
"You receive" are actually things I'm giving and "They receive" are actually things they are giving to me.;)

And, in my opinion, a list of surplus resources is needed in Foreign adviser screen like vanilla BTS.
It is not easy to grasp which resource I can sell currently.

I'm not noticing anything unusual. Can you please give more details on how you were moving the Impi?

Sorry Xyth… didn't noticed Impi unit has 2 movement points. So sorry.

Hello Xyth,
I am playing on Mac with Steam version. Thank you very much for supporting Mac!

Nine turns into a peace treaty I renew the peace treaty by begging for 10 gold. This seams to work, the scoreboard says 10 turns peace treaty, yet the very next turn this brand new peace treaty is gone.

EDIT: when entering the Renaissance Era I got a "Could not find file Sounds/Soundtrack/ArabicSoundtrack1" message.
EDIT2: The same message came when loading a game, so probably no link to Era.

cheers,
paul

Last edited:
Win7 64x steam Bug mod still dint even display the path (Custom game, Leaders Random personalities and thinking aggressive barbarians?)
Warmonger report:

Hi, this is probably not bug but in my game a rebellion occurred, and new empire was formed (from cities formerly owned whit opposite "Former" super advanced Empire) and its occupied whit warriors. (when I have longbows, catapults) If there is tech attachments problems how about use barbarian researched tech tree. (Same goes whit other Empires. Generated are warriors.) (Same when they are musketeers) Or just trigger draft. (It the tech tree allow it)

Is it me or cities on resistance already generate their own dissent?

"Non aggression" treaty shall be calling otherwise, it confuse me for "We will not declare war to Each other." (Names like: "Civilian Roads/Passage Agreement." for non combats and for units: "Military Roads Agreement")
If possible that there shall be a treaty that will protect treaties between two empires not allowing third site to even ask for it and bribe it. Condition: status between them +3 or higher. (Names like: "Bonding Agreement" or "Stone Shaped Agreement" "Assigned of Bonding")
Or just real Non Aggression Treaty that cannot be bribed to broke via diplomacy if they like each other. (Becoming Vassal means capitulation in this term if they are in war or similar) (weak against "world think that you are Villain")

When I am still on it then again: the treaty of "Stable cultural borders." Meaning you cannot hijack the work tile, if is on my city range (20 tiles total in range 2) and not in yours city range. Forts are immune. (Possible or not? Something like dominance between owner and vassal are present, but it dint do the effect.)

Spoiler (Idea) Spy mission: :

-sabotage foreign ambassador. (If they embassy is present in the target capital.) (Failing the mission cause relation ship +points)
-bad propaganda against "that" leader. (temporal -1 point for target leader)

Can starving after decrease left 25% of food in city? The big cities going down pretty fast. (None "no storage of food after grow" option are on) Or are this intended?

I somehow missing data about corporations when I enter the city. What it do there: the plus and Minus. I know there is advisor. But it will be nice if i click up where is resources shortage buttons are, and click corporation and see report for every one. How much money/ heal/ happiness/ food/ work/ research dissent it take/ give.

I kind haved give up on corporations and going mostly for civic that disables corporations. Anyone else see them to be nuisance to deal?

Dit anyone even ask AI for War reparations? (If still present)

Spoiler (Idea that posted long ago about rebellion) :

For future there can be for rebellion a variety in generation of addition units, like instead of one types variation between archer/ mele1/ mele2/ horse. (If tech presents)
On question how many (Size of the city + (Random -4 , +4) + difficulty * size of map) And fill up the empty places if there is some units. Or generate none addition if to many are already in.
If the rebellion occur and city have units, it will be nice if we give the unit 50% chance to withdraw to its own capital (if exists). (wounded, busy for x turns) It increase the generation of new unit number like (Random 0.2 - 0.8)
Next Military units shall fight dissent by -2 (or 1 * Era) and some trails and civic shall support it. Then the (judity?) shall not generate happiness per units.
Speed of conquering shall double if there is more occupying units that population size.
Then how about dissent cultural rate change for x-value(like 2 * difficulty + war) per every (started) 5% not your culture.
But if we push it harder that secondary occupation time when city require certain number of occupation garrison be present. If not it generate dissent for every unit not present. (Dint know how AI vil handle it.)
If Rebellion are about to occur and there is more that 30-40% of other culture(not barbar) then if the new empire are not created, then it try join other empire.

In the attached savefile, none of my cities are trading with foreign cities though every civ is connected and many of them signed "right of passage" with me. I cannot figure out what's the problem. Is it kind of bug?

And the horizontal scroll bar is hiding the number of tradable resources in the Foreign advisor screen now.

Attachments

• CE-0410.CivBeyondSwordSave
    336 KB · Views: 175
Maybe you have the 'redistribution' civic ?

No ;)

EDIT : Ah..sorry. I made a mistake. Every other civ which has "right of passage" agreement with me has 'redistribution' civic. I remember I used to make this mistake with 'Mercantilism' civic from time to time while playing vanilla BTS... :hammer2:

Last edited:
I have two minor issues with this beta#2 (on Mac):
1. Two civs keep on asking me every turn for a defensive pact.
2. In the domestic advisor, when ordering on 'founded'-column I would expect Chartres to be two places higher.
chartres.png

cheers,
paul

In Foreign adviser screen, resources at bottom-right corner are reversed.
"You receive" are actually things I'm giving and "They receive" are actually things they are giving to me.;)

Fixed, thanks.

And, in my opinion, a list of surplus resources is needed in Foreign adviser screen like vanilla BTS.
It is not easy to grasp which resource I can sell currently.

In the Resources Wanted list for each opponent, any resource that you have surplus of is marked with a numerical badge (though these are sometimes obscured by a scroll bar).

Nine turns into a peace treaty I renew the peace treaty by begging for 10 gold. This seams to work, the scoreboard says 10 turns peace treaty, yet the very next turn this brand new peace treaty is gone.

Do you still have a saved game of this?

EDIT: when entering the Renaissance Era I got a "Could not find file Sounds/Soundtrack/ArabicSoundtrack1" message.
EDIT2: The same message came when loading a game, so probably no link to Era.

I think that particular piece of music from one of the mods included by Firaxis. I'll remove it since it's probably not wise to have such a dependency.

Hi, this is probably not bug but in my game a rebellion occurred, and new empire was formed (from cities formerly owned whit opposite "Former" super advanced Empire) and its occupied whit warriors. (when I have longbows, catapults) If there is tech attachments problems how about use barbarian researched tech tree. (Same goes whit other Empires. Generated are warriors.) (Same when they are musketeers) Or just trigger draft. (It the tech tree allow it)

Has anyone else observed this? Added defenders are meant to be the most recently unlocked conscript unit. A saved game just prior to such a civil war would be really helpful if anyone has one.

"Non aggression" treaty shall be calling otherwise, it confuse me for "We will not declare war to Each other." (Names like: "Civilian Roads/Passage Agreement." for non combats and for units: "Military Roads Agreement")
If possible that there shall be a treaty that will protect treaties between two empires not allowing third site to even ask for it and bribe it. Condition: status between them +3 or higher. (Names like: "Bonding Agreement" or "Stone Shaped Agreement" "Assigned of Bonding")
Or just real Non Aggression Treaty that cannot be bribed to broke via diplomacy if they like each other. (Becoming Vassal means capitulation in this term if they are in war or similar) (weak against "world think that you are Villain")

Non-Aggression Pacts originally had a "Agree not to declare war on each other" effect, but I removed this. I think the name still makes sense though.

When I am still on it then again: the treaty of "Stable cultural borders." Meaning you cannot hijack the work tile, if is on my city range (20 tiles total in range 2) and not in yours city range. Forts are immune. (Possible or not? Something like dominance between owner and vassal are present, but it dint do the effect.)

Are you referring to the Fixed Borders UN Resolution?

I somehow missing data about corporations when I enter the city. What it do there: the plus and Minus. I know there is advisor. But it will be nice if i click up where is resources shortage buttons are, and click corporation and see report for every one. How much money/ heal/ happiness/ food/ work/ research dissent it take/ give.

You can mouse over the Corporation logos in the city screen and the tooltip will tell you this information.

I haven't responded to your other comments/suggestions because they are beyond the scope of 1.25 and I just don't have time to focus on anything else in HR atm except getting 1.25 released.

And the horizontal scroll bar is hiding the number of tradable resources in the Foreign advisor screen now.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. On my todo list.

Which civs? What is your relationship with them like? What deals do you already have? A saved game would be great if you have one.

2. In the domestic advisor, when ordering on 'founded'-column I would expect Chartres to be two places higher.

Table-sorting functionality in Civ4 is a bit odd and doesn't handle data that contains both numbers and text very well. Not something I can fix, unfortunately.

cobbaut said:

Which civs? What is your relationship with them like? What deals do you already have? A saved game would be great if you have one.

Filipe of Spain and Kossuth of Hungary. I have open borders with both and they are (very!) friendly. Sorry I don't have savegames. Next time I will save the game!

Another minor issue; the spacing between dead civilizations in the info screen (on Mac).
spacing.png

Case: Wariors in Rebelion
Has anyone else observed this? Added defenders are meant to be the most recently unlocked conscript unit. A saved game just prior to such a civil war would be really helpful if anyone has one.
I probably figured it out. Its possible that the culprit is "Aggressive AI" game flag. On other custom game that dont have Aggressive AI but still have "Raging barbarians" and "Random personalities" like the one in question, it dint occurred. If i remember correctly this problem occurred even in 24 but i ignore it.
Add saves. (Custom game, flags: Aggressive AI, rag. barbarians, random personalities, some victory conditions off)
-Test 1, Rebellion in France (Warriors)
-Test 2, Rebellion in China (Warriors)
-Test 3, Rebellion in England (Heavy Footman)!!
(Already Reported) On those saves i still experiencing glitch whit shadow under Man Of War (England Ship of Line) Its look to me like its shadow (one end) is permanently bin not on tile on whit it stand but on certain coordinates of the playable map. (That is why i think the shadow is so stretched out) Can be the shadow disabled?
On save whit galleon i get this unit by trade and it show capacity 2/3. Dint test if I can put any units on it. It get fixed when upgraded to clipper.

On the crash hunt game froze on End Turn. (global war) On this save, by playing Russia, on city screen there can be see that icon for Cossack (UU cavalery) applied on Riflemen. (Ups past time)

Are you referring to the Fixed Borders UN Resolution?
Nope, i just think about something that will solve superior culture output bulling.
Example: Have one city, AI build 3 around. It start stealing yours city work tiles at some point.
Example: Advanced game. City rebelled and after retake, the distant city from friendly empire will cause another harassment by pushing border to far.

This is probably only feelings but i want ask if someone somewhere (K-mod or others) boost America somehow. (AI)

Attachments

• TEst.CivBeyondSwordSave
    867 KB · Views: 166
  • Test 2 - rebelion warior.CivBeyondSwordSave
    870.7 KB · Views: 163
  • TEst 3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    885.1 KB · Views: 149
  • This Galleon have full slots.CivBeyondSwordSave
    854.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Game Crash hunt 1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    997.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Hello Xyth,
there seems to be a typo in the Surveillance tech text:
snowden.png

I did not know where to write, so I decided to write here. I played in this modification and I want to say thank you very much to its Creator. This is the most magnificent version of Civilization that I've ever seen, after it I don't even want to play in an ordinary Civilization. Great graphic component, designed buildings, cities, individual units for each nation, interesting landscapes, a huge number of different resources. But that's all about appearance. Most of all I liked the solution with religions, it is a truly brilliant solution that religion is opened by a prophet and each religion is not just an icon in the city, but a whole set of paradigms! C'est formidable! A wide variety of corporations are very enliven the gameplay and of course we must not forget about the Syndicates, which are completely the opposite effect.

I played version 1.24 and it was very nice to know that in the new version you added music for new civilizations. To my deepest disappointment I was unable to finish the game at 1.24 because around 1980 my save broke and when it loaded the game crashed. I was so hurt that words can not convey. I really want to believe that 1.25 version bugs have been fixed. Overall 11 out of 10 points for this modification.

The only negative, well, rather my personal. The game has a lot of civilizations, but it is a pity that there were no certain Nations. I would like more countries in Latin America(Cuba, Argentina, and Mexico would be better to share with Aztecas, and then some sort of confusion in units starts), Australia and Canada in this magnificent fashion, too, would like to see. Well, maybe some European countries such as Belgium, Switzerland or something like that.
Well, these are my personal preferences, the absence of these Nations do not condone ruining your masterpiece, but I think with such a variety of civilizations it would be a better place. Thanks again for the great time and positive emotions I got playing History Rewritten!

Filipe of Spain and Kossuth of Hungary. I have open borders with both and they are (very!) friendly. Sorry I don't have savegames. Next time I will save the game!

Hmm, nothing unusual about either of those leaders. Given you're on Mac, nothing should have changed in terms of Defensive Pact mechanics. I'll definitely need a saved game to solve this one.

Another minor issue; the spacing between dead civilizations in the info screen (on Mac).

There's a number of bugs in the Info Advisor, especially on Statistics page. I'm ignoring them for now as my plan is to eventually rework that entire screen.

I probably figured it out. Its possible that the culprit is "Aggressive AI" game flag. On other custom game that dont have Aggressive AI but still have "Raging barbarians" and "Random personalities" like the one in question, it dint occurred. If i remember correctly this problem occurred even in 24 but i ignore it.
Add saves. (Custom game, flags: Aggressive AI, rag. barbarians, random personalities, some victory conditions off)
-Test 1, Rebellion in France (Warriors)
-Test 2, Rebellion in China (Warriors)
-Test 3, Rebellion in England (Heavy Footman)!!

Interesting. Thanks for the saved games, I'll test them when I get a chance.

(Already Reported) On those saves i still experiencing glitch whit shadow under Man Of War (England Ship of Line) Its look to me like its shadow (one end) is permanently bin not on tile on whit it stand but on certain coordinates of the playable map. (That is why i think the shadow is so stretched out) Can be the shadow disabled?

There's something odd about that model. There's the issue you've described and another where it sometimes shows up really huge. I might have a fix though, shall see.

On save whit galleon i get this unit by trade and it show capacity 2/3. Dint test if I can put any units on it. It get fixed when upgraded to clipper.

Not checked the saved game yet, but I might know what's causing that.

On the crash hunt game froze on End Turn. (global war)

I think this is the Common Market crash as reported earlier. I'll double check though.

On this save, by playing Russia, on city screen there can be see that icon for Cossack (UU cavalery) applied on Riflemen. (Ups past time)

Already fixed, thanks.

Nope, i just think about something that will solve superior culture output bulling.
Example: Have one city, AI build 3 around. It start stealing yours city work tiles at some point.
Example: Advanced game. City rebelled and after retake, the distant city from friendly empire will cause another harassment by pushing border to far.

That's what the Fixed Borders UN Resolution will achieve. Prior to that, stealing tiles and the likes is a reward for investing in culture and working as intended. I am going to review culture's interactions with dissent and civil war after 1.25 though. I think there are few tweaks that need to be made.

This is probably only feelings but i want ask if someone somewhere (K-mod or others) boost America somehow. (AI)

No. The AI is universal to all civilisations, there are no specific adjustments or routines for individual civs.

Hello Xyth,
there seems to be a typo in the Surveillance tech text:

Fixed, thanks.

I did not know where to write, so I decided to write here. I played in this modification and I want to say thank you very much to its Creator. This is the most magnificent version of Civilization that I've ever seen, after it I don't even want to play in an ordinary Civilization. Great graphic component, designed buildings, cities, individual units for each nation, interesting landscapes, a huge number of different resources. But that's all about appearance. Most of all I liked the solution with religions, it is a truly brilliant solution that religion is opened by a prophet and each religion is not just an icon in the city, but a whole set of paradigms! C'est formidable! A wide variety of corporations are very enliven the gameplay and of course we must not forget about the Syndicates, which are completely the opposite effect.

Very kind words, thank you! Glad you're enjoying HR so much.

I played version 1.24 and it was very nice to know that in the new version you added music for new civilizations.

The new music is wonderful, courtesy of @IanMusic. Can't wait to get 1.25 finished so more people can hear it.

To my deepest disappointment I was unable to finish the game at 1.24 because around 1980 my save broke and when it loaded the game crashed. I was so hurt that words can not convey. I really want to believe that 1.25 version bugs have been fixed.

Yeah there were a couple nasty bugs in 1.24.1 that could do that. Sorry! I think I've fixed them for 1.25 though, fingers crossed.

The only negative, well, rather my personal. The game has a lot of civilizations, but it is a pity that there were no certain Nations. I would like more countries in Latin America(Cuba, Argentina, and Mexico would be better to share with Aztecas, and then some sort of confusion in units starts), Australia and Canada in this magnificent fashion, too, would like to see. Well, maybe some European countries such as Belgium, Switzerland or something like that.
Well, these are my personal preferences, the absence of these Nations do not condone ruining your masterpiece, but I think with such a variety of civilizations it would be a better place.

Post-colonial nation-states are deliberately excluded from History Rewritten. 3 main reasons: i) much narrower and too modern in scope when compared to 'civilization', ii) historical determinism doesn't suit a game like HR, and iii) gotta draw a line somewhere. In the end, it's just how I prefer to define 'civilization' and I think it has served HR well. There are some exceptions (e.g. America, already in BTS) and grey areas (e.g. Brazil) , but I don't wish to stray from this definition without very good reason.

Yeah there were a couple nasty bugs in 1.24.1 that could do that. Sorry! I think I've fixed them for 1.25 though, fingers crossed.

Post-colonial nation-states are deliberately excluded from History Rewritten. 3 main reasons: i) much narrower and too modern in scope when compared to 'civilization', ii) historical determinism doesn't suit a game like HR, and iii) gotta draw a line somewhere. In the end, it's just how I prefer to define 'civilization' and I think it has served HR well. There are some exceptions (e.g. America, already in BTS) and grey areas (e.g. Brazil) , but I don't wish to stray from this definition without very good reason.

Oh, Yes, I do hope so. For the first time in many mods, I did not get bored for a minute and did not even notice myself how almost I reached the end, how exciting the gameplay turned out.

Yes, I thought that in the modification the emphasis is made on ancient civilizations, and just America and Brazil forced to think. Well, like I said, it's just a personal observation. You have done a truly tremendous job, and it is clear that even if you did not focus only on ancient civilizations fit into one mod all the famous Nations, and even worked out in detail just an unreal task. In addition, all will not please, I always wanted to see in one mod my favorite (Canada, Mexico, Australia), and someone else probably interested in other countries. So it's not in any way is not some sort of downside of such a great modification.

By the way also wanted to note that you made a very beautiful female characters, you have good taste. The only thing I do not understand why you changed Hatsepsut(if it was your modification, I'm just in recent months, too many of them have tried)

The warrior case:
I am sorry but, The Aggressive AI flag dint need to be the culprit.
I pick a test and notice something about barbarians.
The barbarians spawning units fine, and I start face heavy footman and Elephants.
Then the barbarian cities start spawn and i start facing Warriors and Archers. (as random spawns)
So i was thinking if the barbarian tech tree dint get reset by spawn of the city, when there was no barbarian city present on map.
So if i want apply this on rebellion, then i know there was no barbarian city presents on that map. But on that heavy footman case (later) probably yes.
Dint know if is effect of custom game. Somebody else noticed this reset?

Attachments

• Experiment Large World 2 civ.CivBeyondSwordSave
    470.3 KB · Views: 87
The only thing I do not understand why you changed Hatsepsut(if it was your modification

Hatshepsut's original model was recoloured and reused as Amanirena of Nubia.

The warrior case:
I am sorry but, The Aggressive AI flag dint need to be the culprit.
I pick a test and notice something about barbarians.
The barbarians spawning units fine, and I start face heavy footman and Elephants.
Then the barbarian cities start spawn and i start facing Warriors and Archers. (as random spawns)
So i was thinking if the barbarian tech tree dint get reset by spawn of the city, when there was no barbarian city present on map.
So if i want apply this on rebellion, then i know there was no barbarian city presents on that map. But on that heavy footman case (later) probably yes.
Dint know if is effect of custom game. Somebody else noticed this reset?

Turns out it's because of access to resources. Techs are untouched. If the cities don't have access to Iron/Saltpeter/etc after seceding that affects what they're able to conscript. I'll rewrite it to consider what's available prior to seceding.

Top Bottom