Beta 10 Talk

3Miro

Deity
I still don't have everything that I was hoping to get for Beta 10, but we do have quite a few bugfixes and since it has been quite some time, I decided to post the next Beta. It should also be easier to keep track as some of the useful information is buried in the old threads.

Here is a link to the download:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfceurope/

Here is the changelog:
Spoiler :

Changes for Beta 10:

Map and province changes:
Dense forest near Lyon and Umea is a forest now, so the sulphur can be mined without researching Machine Tools first
The province of Netherlands is now called Holland
New Polish City Name Map and New Polish resources

XML updates:
XML cleanup (unused lines of code are removed)
New pedia text for some objects (There are still some things that haven't a text yet. Feel free to make one and post it)
Proper text for Feudal Law civic
Ivory does recieve food without an improvement
"The Masjid al-Haram" is no called: "The road to the Masjid al-Haram"

Python Updates:
Correct spawndates for the independent cities (the info after # shows the correct date now)

Balance:
If England dies, then the English Atlantic Access would be spawned by the Norse discovering Astronomy
Sweden starts with Guilds and Apprenticeship (used to be Free Peasantry, for which they don't have the tech)
The Bonuses from Imperialism and French UP are now "capped" to 6 points max
Podolia is now stable for Moscow
Granary no longer gives health bonus with Rice (there is little Rice on the map anyway and Rice by itself gives +1 Health)
Contant with the Pope is initiated as soon as you get a Catholic city (this is needed now as one cannot declare state rleigion until Theology)
Increased the research penalty for the Pope (this is done for purely balance reasons, otherwise he techs too much)
Longbowman now requeres Replacable Parts
Nerfed Longbowman strength to 8 (it is still more powerful than Knights in cities, hills and probably forest)

Bugfixes:
Fixed: a bug not resetting player data properly when starting a new game from within an existing game
Fixed: Genoa second UHV should work now
Fixed: Sweden UHV 2 should work now
Fixed: If the AI doesn't have Atlantic Access, then it will not build East/West Trading Companies
Fixed: Colonea stable for the Ottomans
Fixed: Vassalage bonus properly associated with the Exp civic (it was with Colonialism before)
Fixed: Expansion stability is updated on Civic change, before you had to conqer a city to get update on the bonus
Fixed: Hungary UHV 1 should be working properly now (it was mixed up with UHV 2)
Fixed: Atlantic Access should now properly appear near Gibraltar
Fixed: The AI should properly weight the benefits from cottages vs water tiles (this was a problem with cottage growth time mechanics)
Fixed: A province bug making most provinces "Natural" as opposed to "Core"
Fixed: A bug with the settler AI making units hand in an infinite loop
Fixed: Provinces now reset on respawn, this should prevent players from dying right after respawn

The threads for older Betas should die, post all comments and suggestions here.

As always, if you have a bug to report, it is best to provide a savegame from a turn or two before the bug appears.

PS: Added an updated Map here that fixes the issues with France and the Walrus.

Attachments

• RDCEuropeMap.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 158
I presume Muscovite UHVs are still broken and Ottomans don't have most African Provinces as OK?

Deleted folder and unzipped to location.

Norse start doesn't show any Walrus' in Iceland, think the food change broke them and they disappeared.

FRA needed a massively insane spawn boost (8 settlers, 4 missionaries, 12 troops) why exactly? They were top tier already and UHVs fairly easy. If they are to start with a ton of settlers then the independent spawns should be removed .. kind of game breaking unless they get hit by severe penalties like Byzantium.

Lyon sulphur is still dense forest on my map.
Poland food is going to be mad .. think it is now the best core in game :)

Deleted folder and unzipped to location.

Norse start doesn't show any Walrus' in Iceland, think the food change broke them and they disappeared.

FRA needed a massively insane spawn boost (8 settlers, 4 missionaries, 12 troops) why exactly? They were top tier already and UHVs fairly easy. If they are to start with a ton of settlers then the independent spawns should be removed .. kind of game breaking unless they get hit by severe penalties like Byzantium.

Lyon sulphur is still dense forest on my map.
Poland food is going to be mad .. think it is now the best core in game :)

Added an update to fix the French issue and added the walrus.

Anyone making changes to the map! If you change the terrain, you must use the latest map from sourceforge.

I will look at the Moscow UHV thing.

Well, the Arabs are still not interested in retaking Jerusalem.

I dont get the French boost either. They feel somewhat OP. They get more settlers than any civ now.

I dont get the French boost either. They feel somewhat OP. They get more settlers than any civ now.

It was a mistake. This happens when you go around changing stuff on the map. I just forgot to remove the extra units. Get the updated files.

What's up with Polish city names? The capital turns out to be "Poz" (Poznan?), and the next city I went for appears as "Szcze", exactly where Szczecin is supposed to be.

What's up with Polish city names? The capital turns out to be "Poz" (Poznan?), and the next city I went for appears as "Szcze", exactly where Szczecin is supposed to be.

We got a new Polish City Name map ... gosh, who uploaded it, I have to go back to check. It is not working or something?

From what I can tell some names just end off by the middle of the actual word. I don't think the one who was making it really intended to have Warsaw as "Warszaw" (it's Warszawa).

I tried to play as the Ottomans, but my units spawned in Eastern Anatolia instead of at Bursa. Byzantine culture overwhelmed my newly founded Sebaste. My units were pushed to the SE where I founded Karalusar.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 156
  • AutoSave_AD-1356 Turn 252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    746.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Mehmed II AD-1359 Turn 253.CivBeyondSwordSave
    757.1 KB · Views: 48
I tried to play as the Ottomans, but my units spawned in Eastern Anatolia instead of at Bursa. Byzantine culture overwhelmed my newly founded Sebaste. My units were pushed to the SE where I founded Karalusar.

Then don't found city, on turn 3 one will flip as your capital.

I found a few things, no bugs really but some over-eager settling on France and Germany's part. Also Spain doesn't seem like it's going to be conquering Iberia any time soon. And Venezia is getting some interesting barbarian conquers. Arabia is pretty dang weak.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 166
Yeah I made polish city map, tested it in beta10 and also get half names... Problem is I don't know why, in WB save which I send all changed labels shows themselves correctly. In general feedback thread I re-uploaded city names map this time as a zip and without compression. Perhaps that will help.

Top Bottom