1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta 10 Talk

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by 3Miro, May 8, 2011.

1. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

If you are wondering about the delay on the next beta, I am trying to figure out the whole combat dynamics to adjust the Star Fort.

Before I release the next Beta, we should also do the new German UHV conditions. The way it seems right now:

UHV 1: Get the Holy Roman Empire: Germany + Austria + Northern Italy.
    UHV 2: Get the Printing Press and start the Reformation.
    UHV 3: Conquer or vassalize Austria and Poland.

UHV 3 is the ahistoric one where the Holy Roman influence was shifted towards Asutria. The Polish condition also represents the conflict between the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth and Prussia, it should be added as Austria alone is not enough to make for a challenge. If it is too easy, we can add Hungary to the picture.

2. Voyelles

Voyelles Chieftain

With regards to the German UHVs

I would argue for Burgundian territories (Burgundy + possibly Provence) to be included in condition 1, as this would produce a more accurate HRE, and also vary the gameplay a bit, as the Western borders look somewhat neglected by your current proposals. The historical borders also included Holland, Flanders and Lorraine, but this might be excessive to achieve gameplay wise.

3. yogiebere

yogiebere Civilization City Planner

Yeah I like these a good deal. So what is the desired "norm"? Germany is aggressive in Italy and settles in Austria then Austria flips those cities and some fighting occurs? Then stalemate and neither dies?

4. Sian

Sian Emperor

... got the issue again (this time with France)

where should i drop AA's to make it fair?

5. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Put one near each one of the colonial powers (England, France, Portugal, Spain) and when the Dutch spawn you should get one near them. Also, in the 17th century, you can add one AA near Sweden for Russia to conquer. Other than that, one AA should to near Gibraltar.

6. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

I like the UHV about a Northern Crusade better. More fun if Germany is in conflict with flipping cities of Lithuania, Sweden and/or Russia.

7. Barak

Barak Emperor

Germany is a fun civ to play, but their UHVs should be historical, not just fun. I like the 3 proposed UHVs.

As for Austria, I feel that their UHV to vassalize 3 civs should also include conquest.

8. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Going after Poland is representative of the conflict with the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. If it is too easy, we can ask Germany to go to Lithuania and Estonia as well.

9. Sian

Sian Emperor

wouldn't say as all the way up to Estonia (although it should still at least be rated as 'OK' stabilitywise) ... only Livonia ... given that Estonia's role in the northen crusade was a landing pad for Danish and Swedish crusaders

let Germany have a UHV to capture pomerania, Lithuania, Livonia by 1236 (Battle of Saule, first major defeat for the order)

10. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

1236AD is too early. It should be no earlier than 1410 and even that is too early to represent the shift of power in the HRE from Germany to Austria. UHV 3 should come after the Reformation. 1555 the election of Pope Paul IV when the HRE effectively stopped being of significance or maybe 1648 with the thirty year war or maybe in 1701 with the foundation of Prussia (or 1740 with Maria Theressa conquering Prussia).

11. elnegro

elnegro Chieftain

is it a bug or i need to do smth(research technology..)?

12. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Change civic to something other than Paganism. With France you will need to research Theology.

13. elnegro

elnegro Chieftain

Oh, look like i played regular rfc too much. Thanks:)

14. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

I think an "Asia Access" should be added in Eastern Europe for the Russians so they can build Siberia and some others like that.