Beta 10 Talk

After a few more games i realized the problem with Arabia not recapturing Jerusalem is not a problem of they cant, its more of a problem of they wont. Theres just too many crusaders in the city, and frankly, its not worth it. It would be better for Arabia in most cases to just make peace with whoever started the crusade. It definitely IMO is a major problem because the crusades are an important part of Medieval Europe history and its currently not reflected in the game at all.

There is no atlantic access on both maps.

I like the provinces.

bye Myri

An AA will spawn near a colonial civs when that civ researched astronomy. An additional AA will be placed near Gibraltar when the first civ (both colonial and non-colonial) researched astronomy.

And there is also a AA from the beginning near Iceland, but that one will disappear after 1050 AD. (To make it possible for the Vikings to build Vinland)

An AA will spawn near a colonial civs when that civ researched astronomy. An additional AA will be placed near Gibraltar when the first civ (both colonial and non-colonial) researched astronomy.

And there is also a AA from the beginning near Iceland, but that one will disappear after 1050 AD. (To make it possible for the Vikings to build Vinland)

Just played as Spain, and no AA appeared after researching Astronomy, neither did for France!

EDIT: Save right before discovering Astronomy attached.

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1470 Turn 290.CivBeyondSwordSave
    936.8 KB · Views: 61
I second Samsa.

In addition, Protestantism is only founded by researching Industrial Revolution in this build. Should be Printing Press no?

Definitely happened. I had to go into WB in like 1550 as Spain and drop AA near Coruna, Bordeaux, Plymouth, and Stavanger because they were nowhere to be found and I was not about to fail my UHV because of it :p

Definitely no AA around though, which is pretty much gamebreaking for the colonial civs.

Same here - I'm running Beta 10 and the only AA going on in my game right now is near The Netherlands . . . behold the might of the Holy Austo-Roman Empire, simultaneously building every colonial project uncontested:

Spoiler :

Little-known fact - the Habsburgs conquered and colonized the entire world. :D

I also upgraded to Beta 10 from 9 and lost the walrus at Reykjavik, but managed to win my UHV without it (fortunately the AA appeared in that game for me to build Vinland).

Also - I've played Vanilla RFC for the last year and am a total n00b to this modmod (it took me 2 playthroughs as the Norse to get the hang of this mod's features - IE I didn't realize Atlantic Access was a workboat-built resource). Since I'm fairly new to this mod, I'm sure these are most likely known bugs and probably not just issues for this release, but I've encountered inaccurate tech sliders (says 3 turns left, but takes me 11 turns to finish research - in fact you can see this in the pic above that I have well over 10 turns to finish my research), animal conquerors (a wolf captured my Norse city of Stockholm), and revolutionary wars that just won't end (as the Norse I refused my English and Norman settlements, and immediately began seeing English Beserkir running around - no big deal, right? That's how the game is supposed to play. So I raze London for the UHV goal and manage to sue for peace just a few turns later - however, even after peace - long LONG after in fact - I kept losing units to their war of independence. This may not be a bug but a punishment, but I've never encountered units defecting after the war ended.

Otherwise, keep up the great work. This mod is awesome - I should be playing newer games right now (Crysis 2 is just sitting here), but the modding community makes somthing as addictive as Civ and makes it even more so. Great job guys! :goodjob:

Same here - I'm running Beta 10 and the only AA going on in my game right now is near The Netherlands . . . behold the might of the Holy Austo-Roman Empire, simultaneously building every colonial project uncontested:

Spoiler :

Little-known fact - the Habsburgs conquered and colonized the entire world. :D

I also upgraded to Beta 10 from 9 and lost the walrus at Reykjavik, but managed to win my UHV without it (fortunately the AA appeared in that game for me to build Vinland).

Also - I've played Vanilla RFC for the last year and am a total n00b to this modmod (it took me 2 playthroughs as the Norse to get the hang of this mod's features - IE I didn't realize Atlantic Access was a workboat-built resource). Since I'm fairly new to this mod, I'm sure these are most likely known bugs and probably not just issues for this release, but I've encountered inaccurate tech sliders (says 3 turns left, but takes me 11 turns to finish research - in fact you can see this in the pic above that I have well over 10 turns to finish my research), animal conquerors (a wolf captured my Norse city of Stockholm), and revolutionary wars that just won't end (as the Norse I refused my English and Norman settlements, and immediately began seeing English Beserkir running around - no big deal, right? That's how the game is supposed to play. So I raze London for the UHV goal and manage to sue for peace just a few turns later - however, even after peace - long LONG after in fact - I kept losing units to their war of independence. This may not be a bug but a punishment, but I've never encountered units defecting after the war ended.

Otherwise, keep up the great work. This mod is awesome - I should be playing newer games right now (Crysis 2 is just sitting here), but the modding community makes somthing as addictive as Civ and makes it even more so. Great job guys! :goodjob:

Delete the file and reinstall if you didn't delete Beta 9 first

Protestantism works fine on Printing Press for me.

No Atlantic Access at all for me either, though.

I think i have found the AA bug.

in resources.py replace the line 38
Code:
if ( gc.getMap().plot(23, 23).getBonusType() != -1 ):

with
Code:
if ( gc.getMap().plot(23, 23).getBonusType([COLOR="Red"]-1[/COLOR]) [COLOR="Red"]==[/COLOR] -1 ):

and also line 51
Code:
if ( gc.getMap().plot(36, 54).getBonusType(-1) != -1 ):

with
Code:
if ( gc.getMap().plot(36, 54).getBonusType(-1) [COLOR="Red"]==[/COLOR] -1 ):

Or use the file i attached below and copy it to RFCEurope\Assets\Python replacing the old one.

Attachments

• AA_fix.zip
    1,019 bytes · Views: 76
Great! This fixes it :) , I think. At least after researching astronomy as Cordoba the AA at Gibraltar popped up. No other AA to see anywhere, though.

I tried post #33 as well, and it kinda works.
I was playing as england, and after having researched astronomy the AA popped up SW of England, as well as one at gibraltar.
Now im not really familiar with the rfc:e mod, but cordoba was beating me to Gold Coast and Cuba. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now im almost done with my game, and i have enough spy points to see that cordoba is currently researching to astronomy with 3 turns left, that is at 1742AD.

To me that sounds kinda broken. They shouldnt have been able to hook up / see the AA until they have researched astronomy themselves, or building these colonial projects should require astronomy.

I tried post #33 as well, and it kinda works.
I was playing as england, and after having researched astronomy the AA popped up SW of England, as well as one at gibraltar.
Now im not really familiar with the rfc:e mod, but cordoba was beating me to Gold Coast and Cuba. I thought nothing of it at the time, but now im almost done with my game, and i have enough spy points to see that cordoba is currently researching to astronomy with 3 turns left, that is at 1742AD.

To me that sounds kinda broken. They shouldnt have been able to hook up / see the AA until they have researched astronomy themselves, or building these colonial projects should require astronomy.

The first person to unlock Astronomy unlocks the Gibraltar AA which Cordoba hooked up and started building Projects with, the reason the projects aren't liked with Astronomy is because the more things are on a tech the more the AI beelines to it

The first person to unlock Astronomy unlocks the Gibraltar AA which Cordoba hooked up and started building Projects with, the reason the projects aren't liked with Astronomy is because the more things are on a tech the more the AI beelines to it

Well you can't hook up whales until optics for example, so not being able to hook up AA until astronomy does not sound that unreasonable to me.

Well you can't hook up whales until optics for example, so not being able to hook up AA until astronomy does not sound that unreasonable to me.

But you disable the Norse to build Vinland then!

Can anyone confirm the Protestantism tech fault?

I think it's only a civilipedia error - in all my recent games the Reformation occured at Printing Press, not end-game.

The Icelandic AA could be changed to a different resource, like North America Access, which would not require astronomy to work.

This - create a new resource, and call it something like "Viking Atlantic Access". Or alternatively, create 2 versions of the AA resource and call them both Atlantic Access for simplicity - the second AA resource wouldn't require Astronomy, which would allow Vinland, and would disappear after a time; I remember the Test of Time mod in Civ3 that had like 3 different versions of each food resource, which would provide different amounts of food in different eras to simulate agricultural revolutions and allow small medieval peasant towns to burst into huge metropolises in the modern ages (IE - a 7-food cow would be discovered next to a 3-food cow once Sanitation was discovered). An identical-but-functionally different resource would work here.

Top Bottom