Beta 10 Talk

In Beta 10, playing as Burgundy i was unsuccessful achieving the 3rd UHV condition. I had collapsed France, Vassalized England and was listed on the big board as having 300 more points than Germany. Yet I failed the condition. Was this due to my vassalization of England?

In Beta 10, playing as Burgundy i was unsuccessful achieving the 3rd UHV condition. I had collapsed France, Vassalized England and was listed on the big board as having 300 more points than Germany. Yet I failed the condition. Was this due to my vassalization of England?
You actually need to have a lower score than France, England and Germany because score goes 0 to the highest, one to the next, 2 to the third and the check is for a greater than sign not less than

This is a bug, it will be fixed for the next version.

Byzantines, research is extremly slow in the beginning. At least 30 turns for all the basic techs. And since one turn is 4 years things seldom happen!

Byzantines, research is extremly slow in the beginning. At least 30 turns for all the basic techs. And since one turn is 4 years things seldom happen!

They Byz start with lots and lots of tech, if they could research as fast as the others then they will get way ahead way too fast.

With the Byz, you usually want to go for 90-100% gold for the first 100 turns or so, to keep the economy going.

Yeah, Byzantines are way far ahead of everyone so go pure gold and build markets and stuff

What use is money except fund research? But just a few techs cheaper maybe? Its boring to have one or two techs for a few hundred years. But ok...

Another problem I have with human Byzantines is that its too easy to wipe out civs as they spawn. Right now I have cleansed the map of the Bulgarians, Hungarians, Venetians and Genoans. Arabia crippled by start. Just prepare welcome parties and attack before they settle the city and you wont even get a stability penalty.

What use is money except fund research? But just a few techs cheaper maybe? Its boring to have one or two techs for a few hundred years. But ok...

Another problem I have with human Byzantines is that its too easy to wipe out civs as they spawn. Right now I have cleansed the map of the Bulgarians, Hungarians, Venetians and Genoans. Arabia crippled by start. Just prepare welcome parties and attack before they settle the city and you wont even get a stability penalty.

Gold is used to support large army, lots of buildings, lots of cities and hire mercenaries.

What difficulty lever are you playing?

Well, I never have problems with maintenance. Could be that I never use mercs, dont think they fit civ.

Monarch? Default difficulty (medium).

I have just quelled the seljuk uprise killing a total of 25 seljuks... That was 60-70 before! Same difficulty.

I presume Muscovite UHVs are still broken and Ottomans don't have most African Provinces as OK?

Confirmed on both fronts. I recreated the entire Ottoman Empire, and anything African beyond Egypt is indeed unstable. However, it works, because going for the whole empire will stretch your stability thin, mirroring the stagnation and decline of the Ottomans after achieving that sprawling empire.

Just did a game as Muscovy. First UHV earned, no problems. Settled some generals in Kiev with the National epic to pump out some level 3 Teutonic Knights with Strength-2 and Amphibious for a sea attack on Konstainopel, and . . . nothing. No credit. I now have 21% land area, and no credit. I'm marching on Amsterdam, but I doubt owning their AA will trigger the Warm Seas UHV goal.

Regardless, Moscow is a fun civ to play as. Lot of land to yourself - while they're a slow and backwards civ, starting with crappy land, things look bleak, but with new cities founded near timber forests, kremlins built to boost espionage points for stealing techs and innumerable cities pumping out an endless supply of troops, they surge to the top of the score list in no time. Awesome.

Could the Arab "Spread Islam" be changed, either to a higher volume or lower % to non-arab areas (ie. beyond Constantinople)

As it is you get the 25% just by expanding slowly along the N.African coast to meet the 2nd criteria which makes it a no challenge at all ..

general question since i have a problem in my current game

When does Altantic Access spawn? in their respective places`?

general question since i have a problem in my current game

When does Altantic Access spawn? in their respective places`?

When you discover Astronomy, you should be able to see AA near Gibraltar. If you play with a traditional colonial power, then you should see more AA near your borders.

The code may be buggy, things have been fixed for the next version.

well ... currently Venize and dicovered Astornomy and it didn't show up ... *sigh*

well ... currently Venize and dicovered Astornomy and it didn't show up ... *sigh*

Venice isn't a colonial power, conquer the Pillars of Hercules

helps zip when it didn't show up there :)

would it be an idea to rework AA's so they first show up when you research Astronomy, but Vikings have a special resource on iceland to use for Vinland?

would it be an idea to rework AA's so they first show up when you research Astronomy, but Vikings have a special resource on iceland to use for Vinland?

AA was reworked, all AA exists on the map since turn 1. It becomes visible with Astronomy. Vinland requires North America access, which can be found near Iceland.

Top Bottom