Beyond Earth Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

I would like to see statistics at the end of a game such as culture, science, energy...
And other basic statistics in the course of the game like the positions of the civilizations in production, military units, discovered technologies...
Civilization V had these options and I think that are very interesting. ;)

I had an idea that it's very simple to make: a check mark for wonders that are already built in the science screen.

There are some non-mandatory tecnologies that only give some affinity points and unlock some wonder. It would make easier to see if an interesting wonder that was not a priority is yet to be built.

I would like to see statistics at the end of a game such as culture, science, energy...
And other basic statistics in the course of the game like the positions of the civilizations in production, military units, discovered technologies...
Civilization V had these options and I think that are very interesting. ;)

This does exist. From the main menu click "other" and "view replays".
All games in which you completed a victory condition will show all sorts of info like this.

More population growth notifications. Like if I'm using the build growth thing it's probably because that city is well below local health, but by the time that happens I probably have too many cities to notice every population growth without a notice pop-up. So that city might go way over.

Some minor suggestions:

- A resource info box for trade screen and when AI is asking for your help by giving away a resource. Even if you remove the GUI blur, there's still times where you can't see what your current stock is.

- The ability to apply a modifier on all units' movement points when setting up a game. This is particularly useful on Massive maps, where it takes very long to launch a strike at someone at the other side of the map (like half a century).

- The ability to convert save games between different modes - especially between hot seat and internet multiplayer. It's very often that I've played games with someone in hotseat mode that we didn't got to finish, and it would be great to be able to finish it over the internet.

- Auto unit cycle go to nearest unit needing order rather than a fixed order. It's a bit distracting having to constantly give a stray explorer or a worker unit orders in between your strategic planning and execution of an attack. If figuring out what unit is nearest is too taxing performance-wise, an alternative method could be to simply always pick a unit on screen if present, and if not, do the usual unit cycle..

how about a first person mode like simcopter to explore your civ. you could be an explorer dealing with resource pods and dig sites, or any military unit. one marine in a squad or a fighter pilot or crew on a boat such as gunner, helmsman or commander taking on their duties. for the combat there could be two modes, original civ where you just watch or a first person instance like final fantasy 8 where you enter an area based on the tile, snow, marsh, jungle or an improved tile so you would be fighting through a firaxite or floatstone mine or defending a city by manning the battlements or being in a command center operating the missile batteries. weather can also come in to play. and how about having to supply ammo to your troops like in world war 3 black gold where each unit has limited supplies and you send ammo to them via helicopter or truck. you could also take on the role of a spy infiltrating another civ and performing missions like stealing energy, science, tech and calling in a worm strike. destroying alien nests would mean entering it with troops, maybe some sort of special forces specifically for clearing nests, to destroy the queen or egg chamber or planting explosives somewhere so lava floods in and destroys it.

Since RT is introducing submarines and ice sheets, then how about attaching a scenario to the RT XP which focuses on these new items. Something like Ice Station Zebra where there are ice sheets floating around the equator (and elsewhere) which provide prime hiding grounds for submarines/ submarine wolf packs from which the subs can leap out and attack unsuspecting prey.

D

I wish that :-
1. Farms had some visible building on them.
2. The Adviser would say just where a new trade route is available, not simply "you might find this helpful".
3. When selecting a new trade route, the route to the potential trade partner would show up. All I get is the occasional pink line showing another route which comes close to the originating city. Also, I wish that clicking on one of your own convoys would bring up its route, ot at least say which cities it runs between.
4. The message "orbital unit will soon crash" would say which one.
5. The "do nothing" button, which is common to all units, would stay in the same place.
6. There were no more "war" messages concerning colonies which have been totally destroyed.

OK, now that RT is out how about the following:

1. Marine Detachment ability like in SMACX where ships can capture other ships during combat.

2. Pirate mode capability. Make it an option at unit production to have the ship unflagged (i.e. its Faction identity is hidden). Unit can then attack anyone with impunity, but also can be attacked by anyone without repercussion.

D

Hi all,
I bought Civ BE a week or two after it's launch late last year. I have never played civ games before nor turn based games. I was excited about the sci-fi side of the game. I paid $80 AUD. I am sadly disappointed with the game. It's dark in it's colour scheme. The whole dark feel of the game is disappointing. The AI side of it is very frustrating.
Now I see an expansion pack is available.
Currently Civ BE sells for $63 AUD and the pack is worth $50 AUD. The game I bought only late last year is now worth far less. The expansion pack supposedly fixes many of the things that are wrong with/or improves BE.
As someone who paid a lot of money for the game in the first place, I feel that early adopters of the game should have access to the expansion pack for far less than what is being asked.
Is there anything you can offer early adopters of the game considering much of it is very disappointing in its look and feel?
Kind regards,
Mike Boughton

Hi all,
CivWiki's Civilopedia Entry on Immortal says it's a super-soldier, even has heightened intelligence, not a word about drawbacks. Is it the same lore as kept in the game? If so, then I suggest editing this entry to darken it a bit. Like, Purity society tolerates this abominable human-Harmony hybrid only on the ground that it has been declared officially non-human. All Immortals that have been grown in our butcheries have one and only one purpose - to fight and die. Their brains are capable only of combat tasks, all other functions have been purposefully inhibited. Thus Immortal that somehow become loose-free is a much feared thing and is exterminated immediately. Remember SMAC's gene-jacks?

Also Wonders screen depicting what Wonders have already been built or are under construction and where, straight from Alpha Centauri, would be welcomed. Complete with warning about construction started by anyone or nearing the completion.

I think the game is really lack of exclusive units and air units such as helicopters, which could fly over the full map, not just from the city and immediately flying back.

It isn't the same thing as if each fraction would has them. And these hybrid units and not so brilliant to wasting time while learning one more affinity to build them - it's really better to specialized in one affinity to make units stronger and increasing the army instead of weak and long-term investigated hybrid units.

They aren't hybrid units. 4th tier cavalry and siege for everyone hovers. That's two units for everyone. Harmony has Rocktopus plus any flying natives they can leash and purity has LEV tanks and LEV destroyers.
If you think that's not enough or that they come too late fine, but you can't say the game doesn't have them.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom