Beyond Earth Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

I'd like a mod that allows me to build Dome improvements on ocean and coastal tiles.

I would like to see a way, at the end game, to reveal the entire map implemented! I loved in Civ 5 how you could research the satellite tech and the entire map would be revealed. There's something about just seeing the entire lay of the land that made me want to play to that point.

Besides the domination victory all the BE victories give no reason to explore...just to sit in my dark little corner of the world, protecting my beacon or warp gate.

Even something simple like the "reveal all coasts" seeding option would be better than nothing. (Funny how I despise this seeding to start because it ruins some of the feel of exploration to me, but I really want it right around victory time).

Truthfully after 60 hours, I've still to explore many of the pointless/useless fringes of the tech web, so am I just missing a "mass map reveal" there?

I wish ADVISR or w/e would tell players that there's a whole wiki full on information about the leaders of the Civs. Too many players are playing unaware of this feature and not knowing enough about the setting. When players complain they don't know about the other leaders, it's due to this.

Okay, another simple suggestion:

On the military virtue tree: Liberation Army

It should allow us to conquer the minor power outposts (after all, when they land right where I want my second city, I consider them enemies)!

The military tree already feels weak, and this would be just a small buff. The Prosperity tree gives a free settler, this might tree could now potentially give a free city as well. It would depend on the placement as sometimes those outposts end up 1 tile off the ocean and are junk spots.

I wish ADVISR or w/e would tell players that there's a whole wiki full on information about the leaders of the Civs. Too many players are playing unaware of this feature and not knowing enough about the setting. When players complain they don't know about the other leaders, it's due to this.

That's obviously not enough and simply terrible from a game design perspective, especially when it comes to fiction (you know who Japan is but what the heck is the ARC?). "Wanna know about just what the heck these civs are? climb the walls of text in the wiki"

Look at it this way, you start a new game and are asked to select a sponsor(Civ) you're given the name, logo, and bonus, but that's it... if you want to know more at that point you have to back out of game creation and go down another menu to access the 'wiki' and read a few walls of text just to get a general idea of who the civs are. A simple blurb about the civ to accompany the name, logo, and bonus, would be a lot better then simple saying "if you want to know more find it in the wiki."

Ok I´m not fully sure if these things were already mentioned, but I think these small changes could make an improvement.

• show the shortcuts for sub-menus in the mouseover (e.g. toggle orbital layer (shift+o) )
  • add the list of shortcuts to the civilopedia (or if they are already there put them where you or the search can find them)
  • show which station offers you the quest (e.g. Fresh Specimen)

More filters in the tech web. Wonders, Orbitals, and Ground Units at least. I'd also like if the Improvements filter also highlighted techs that improve Improvements (IE, Vertical Farming should be displayed when I filter for Improvements). Maybe this could be a separate filter, since otherwise too many techs might be highlighted.

Bigger maps please. Especially great maps like the ones in the Exoplanets Map Pack. More! Bigger! Please!

I would like to see notification for newly acquired tiles and Population growth over level 5.

I wouldn't mind that as a check-box option for those who want it, but personally I feel it would clutter my newsfeed. Actually, more generally, if it doesn't add too much code, it would be nice to toggle certain notifications on or off. Not an essential feature though.

Communications or Computing could unlock the Facebook Wonder. Building the Facebook wonder will clutter your Notifications with stuff like:
- Upworthy: This Raptor Bug stumbled upon a wounded Marine. What happens next will make you cry!
- WakeUpSheeple: Workers are "immune" to miasma because they are genetically modified with Wolf Beetle DNA. Are they even human anymore??
- [Ad] The new ARC-Express Card: Earn Affinity points with every Energy you spend!
- John via Instagram: Out for Manticore burgers with the fam. Are we taking this Harmony thing too far?
- Supremacy News: User fees on the Magrails have cut government subsidies to nothing, but are they too much of a burden on our low-income population?

(I really need to spend more time gaming and less time on Facebook.)

Suggestion: Aliens do not leave nest unguarded for level 1 purity scouts to demolish!

I'd really like a button that highlights the area covered by ultrasonic fences. Counting tiles is easy enough, but it'd be handy nonetheless.

I thoroughly enjoy this game so far, however my biggest problem with it is the trade route management. I understand the need for so many trade routes, as they are low in yield which means if an enemy pillages one or two, it is far less crippling to your economy as it was in civ 5. Unfortunately, managing 30 trade routes over 10 cities can get incredibly tedious.

Here's an easy fix:
Any time an expired trade route is selected, a small window pops up automatically with the message "Assign to previous route -'insert city name' " with the options YES, NO, or YES TO ALL.
This way, we can manage our trade routes with a simple mouse click rather than search through a long list of cities for the previous route (which is the most common selection). If we need to change the route, selecting NO will allow us to find a different path.

This would be exceptionally useful in multiplayer, as no one wants to wait around for other players to figure out their trade routes.

Even something simple like the "reveal all coasts" ... I really want it right around victory time).
This exists, but I forget where. I just ran across it a few days ago. I don't recall if was a tech, or sattelite, or what -- I can't help you much. It involved one of the later techs, of course. I haven't researched them all myself. (I'm not sure there is any reason to research some of them.)

Monado: Mama's got to eat!

My Quick Suggestion:
An affinity-specific Melee Sea Unit for each affinity.

Top Bottom