Beyond Earth MP today with Firaxis QA

PeteMurray

Chieftain
Would you be interested in playing some Beyond Earth MP with Firaxis?

At 11AM PDT/1PM EDT/7PM BST today (10/27), four members from our QA staff will be hosting MP games with anyone who wants to join. This is first come first serve!

If you see any of these names, then you know you're playing with Firaxis:
FXS_Carl
FXS_Corey
FXS_Jen
FXS_Kelsey

Have fun!

Ah I missed this - why was it not posted in the multiplayer forums?

I hope you had some fun games with the developers - and there where no out of synchs. This game has some great game design going for it and I see that the two young designers could easily take over for SID in time - but this is all ruined by the terrible netcode of the game. Please fix this so all your hard work on the game is not put to shame.

It this a joke?
They even have four QA guys?
Firaxis, you should fire all of them! They did literally nothing for this release.

It this a joke?
They even have four QA guys?
Firaxis, you should fire all of them! They did literally nothing for this release.

To be fair, in this case, I think QA stands for Question and Answer, not Quality Assurance.

Also to be fair, Quality Assurance people are responsible for making the release less buggy, not making it a good game.

I think this game is when the Civilization franchise jumped the shark.

Krasny, are you trying to suggest this game doesn't have game breaking bugs? I am not talking about ctd, but features that make the game broken

Also to be fair, Quality Assurance people are responsible for making the release less buggy, not making it a good game.
I don't want to get into this stupid argue, but you have no idea what Quality Assurance stands for.
It is in it's name - Quality.
QA and Dev is a tandem, that have to deliver product with high quality.
In case BE release we can see that this tandem is broken. Huge list of bugs, from graphic ones to zero level functionality defects. I bet there was no testing cycle at all. I'm so angry, so I can't even describe it. I've just spent money on nothing.

Shame on you, Firaxis.

BTW, high quality game is a good game.

Moderator Action: There are a multitude of threads focused on various problems with the game. This is not one of them. Please don't use this thread just to complain simply on the basis of who has posted it.

Krasny, are you trying to suggest this game doesn't have game breaking bugs? I am not talking about ctd, but features that make the game broken

First Civ game I haven't bought on release. Not bought it yet.

I assume it is reasonably bug free because Civ5 is reasonably bug free.

The role of QA isn't to make a quality game, it's to make it bug free.

It's the role of the designer to make a quality game.

I assume it is reasonably bug free because Civ5 is reasonably bug free.

I doesn't feel any different than Civ5 vanilla felt at launch - which had a multitude of problems. I trust it will all be sorted in the end.

Top Bottom