1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Grave, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Wonderblunder

Wonderblunder Part Time Monster in the Closet

I get this error when it loads.

2. wayninja

wayninja Chieftain

Where is Civ4/bts installed? Where is the Mod installed?

This error usually occurs when either Civ4/bts isn't installed in the default path or when the mod isn't all in the right place.

3. dshole

dshole Chieftain

Does anyone else get a mysterious bug where the gui screws up? For example, when you are in the city view, you can still move units around and you are not able to exit the city view.

Another example is the command icons do not change when a different unit is selected.

4. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@dshole

This is definitely a python error. Would you please turn on python exception messages. To do this open your "My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini" file in notepad. Search for "HidePythonExceptions=1" and change the 1 to 0. Reload the game with the issue and observe the error message you will get. Take a screen shot of it and attach it to a message here.

5. dshole

dshole Chieftain

Hi, this is what I am seeing. Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

6. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@dshole

You need to install the 2.02 patch. It should solve this problem. I looked into the files and the latest one is supposed to work. The one that came with 2.01 wasn't the right one.

7. grzywus

grzywus Chieftain

Hi, i have problem with BUG MOD, alt+ctr+o doesn't work and i can't select unit. When i clik on unit icon he have yellow frame but he dont jump to this unit. Shift + LPM on unit ikon dont working to. Sory for my english,

8. nova_intel

nova_intel Chieftain

I downloaded v2.01 of the mod. I start the game and load the mod and start a new game it crashes at the point of initializing. I installed it into the main mod directory and I think the cash is clean can some on help me.

9. dshole

dshole Chieftain

Hey, thanks for that, everything now works perfectly!

10. Dimoncheg

Dimoncheg Chieftain

Like one of previous comrades, I can't build ICBMs and Tactical Nukes! What is it? All requested technologies and resources present, but build-button is inactive without any description!:cry:

11. genine

genine Warlord

Have you build the manhatan project?

12. Dimoncheg

Dimoncheg Chieftain

Of course, I built it!:sad:

13. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

You need Rocketry for ICBM and something much later (Composites maybe- check Sevopedia) for Tactical Nukes

And I'm back, stoopid Xbox 360 couldnt keep me away for ever ;)

Edit: Dimoncheg (great name btw) some of the tech lines in HiTM aren't exactly what you'd expect, and some aren't even exactly right in the civopedia (I'll hopefully look in to this).....I played a marathon game in 2 sessions (personal record- now Im stoopidly tired and braindead:lol:) 23 hrs in 2 goes, and just about everything works (just about everything). Nukes work absolutely. If you have Manhattan Project, Uranium connected and the right techs, you can build Atomic Bombers, ICBMs and Tac Nukes, its just a matter of getting the right techs, fission alone isn't enough.

And welcome to the forums and the mod :band:

14. Dimoncheg

Dimoncheg Chieftain

OK, maybe I'm stupid, maybe it's a mod's drawback, but I found that maybe it's more interesting to play without nukes:eek: Waiting for a patch...
    The most serious question for me is where I can get large Earth map for HitM instead of built-in huge? 'cos there are too many system failures even on my computer (Penryn & 4 GB). I found, that than smaller map is, then smaller the amount of python exceptions, memory overhauls and freezes. And than a mod is more serious and big, then the game is less stable. Standard maps don't live with HitM:crazyeye:

15. bolesting

bolesting Chieftain

When build jet fighter with Hitler I got CTD. Anyone know how to fix this?

16. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Don't play as Hitler :D. But on a more serious note, try loading tha game where you queue the jet fighter and forward the game to the "crash year". Does it still crash then?

17. Pilotis

Pilotis Prince

Well. I asked a while back and got no response. But - here goes again.

I can't get Archer Bombard to work. It's turned on in altdefines but no matter how many I use (like 20!) I never get a single hit. Other ranged bombard works fine.

Anyone ?

18. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

wayninja, I succesfully copied your trick and I even think I found out what caused the crash: an enemy stealing technology from me.

EDIT: I can confirm this is the case. After "removing" the spy the game plays happily with the 2.02 dll.

EDIT2: sadly something esle is screwing up too. That I haven't figured out yet.

19. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

20. evliya

evliya Chieftain

I have the same issue. Does anyone have an update on this? Thanks.