[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Are you really that bad? :joke:
Probably you started as somebody with no units, cities, or anything... maybe an incomplete scenario

I'd ask the map's creator.. I'd try it out but my laptop can't handle most earth maps.. RI's is a strange exception..

Yea, But like a creators map forum is kinda 2 years old and last comment have been added 2 years ago so I dont think map creator is still active in forum :D

I want to play the Carter Map as well. For me, it loads fine and everything. However, when I choose my civ starting out, i cannot pick different leaders. There is only one leader per civ. Not like when you start a normal game and you have lots of choices.

Anyone know if this can be fixed? Thanks!

That would be because it's a scenario, it's set which leader you have with each civ. Have you ever played normal Earth 18 civs? Same thing there because it's set as a scenario

This is my, can't live without, mod. It is the way Civilization should be played in my opinion. However I do have a few suggestions:

For some reason I can't see the espionage icon on my screen, its just blank.
New civs (Papal states (my favourite civ), Argentina, ect)
Plagues (like in Rhyes)
Some of the future techs from Future War (would be awesome to have clones)

I donT know if this is a bug, or if I got some concepts wrong. Anyway - my problem is, that I can't construct buildings anymore - in no city. Building units works fine and also the culture/wealth. etc stuff.
Is there something like a maximum number of buildings/cities? Maybe related to some civ?

There shouldn't be......

Hello,

I really want to download this mod but for some kind of reason the mirror doesn't work. Could someone help me out?

EDIT: problem is fixed, the download seemed to be out for a while.

I finnaly installed the mod and love it! I do have a question:
In the Civilopedia there are two strange additions, one in the game concepts about some kind of WW2 bombing thing... and in the Civlizations tap about a Minor Nation with a red cross as flag but no further description. Are they supposed to be in the game and can they be edited or even removed from the pedia?

Hey, this is a great mod and i was really enjoying playing it until the turn going between 1836 and the next one.
I get done and end the turn but the AI never seems to finish, ive left the game going for about 10 minutes, when i come back all of the events have stopped but the mouse pointer is still a turning globe, just seems to freeze.
Has anyone else had this problem? i looked through this thread but couldnt find anything.

Any chance someone could do an update on this mod? My buddy and I play this LAN all the time.

I would like to second that. If anyone still has HITM stored away somewhere, could you please reupload it for the community?

Hi,

the download link doesn´t work. Is there any alternative links to download???
I would play this mod so much...

Thx!

If anyone is interested, here is a Dark Ages scenario I made using the HITM mod. Feel free to try it out.

Attachments

• The Dark Ages (HITM).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    935 KB · Views: 263
Hi.
This mod is great but there was a bug on Korean UU Hwacha. It could not be built and did not show on Tech advisor.(Catapult was built instead.)
So searching CFC, I gathered some elementary knowledge about UnitInfos and CivilizationInfos. Fix was simpler than I thought and I attached the file for those who may be concerned with.

Copy the file to [C:\Program Files (x86)\~~~~\Beyond the Sword\Mods\HISTORY IN THE MAKING\Assets\MODULES\HiTM Additional Unique Content] folder and overwrite the existing same file.

I just changed CANNON of the following line to CATAPULT. That's all.
<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_CANNON</UnitClassType>
<UnitType>UNIT_KOREAN_HWACHA</UnitType>

The following posts were very helpful. Thank you all civfanatics, modmakers and Grave!!
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-do-you-make-a-unit-unique.300509/#post-7489876
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ry-in-the-making.226568/page-130#post-7867314

P.S. Additionally I changed some strange Korean city names that I've never heard of.:)
By the way, can anyone upload Improved Graphics or Blue marble add-on for HitM?

EDIT : I found something is wrong with the changed city names.(Texts are not correctly showing.) So I restored previous names and re-uploaded. Hwacha can be built normally anyway.

Attachments

• HiTM Additional Unique Content_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
    214.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Top Bottom