black tiles in C2C

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that perhaps the mapscript itself might be somewhat responsible. Have you tried varying your mapscript choices to see if any work better than others?

It just occurred to me that perhaps the mapscript itself might be somewhat responsible. Have you tried varying your mapscript choices to see if any work better than others?

What i noticed if the Inti Graphics does NOT show-up while loading it wont work correctly in mapscripts.:crazyeye: (Sometimes)

OK, but once you get it working correctly, dont shut off your PC.

Sorry my barin is so fried I must of pressed the 4 by accident. As for not turning it off...well at some point my laptop has to turn off :(

Am I the only one still haveing this problem?

Nope I still can only get it to work after many restarts and even then only like 25 percent of the time if that gonna try the SVN but I am not hopeful.

Nope I still can only get it to work after many restarts and even then only like 25 percent of the time if that gonna try the SVN but I am not hopeful.

Did you try all the suggestions on the PRIOR pages, about Net 4 etc??

OK, but once you get it working correctly, dont shut off your PC.

That's not practical for some people (me included), and frankly if that is the only way to get it to work then I'll pass and stay with the old version. In any event, I can't get it to work one time to even do that (though I will try the new SVN and see what happens).

EDIT---as far as mapscripts go, all of them are the same (and all sizes, duel to huge). As said, I have tried literally everything except reinstalling the OS (I did reinstall BTS). And the "int graphics" part comes up just fine as well, everytime.
It is the version that is screwy (for me), not the mod itself, as I can run v26 (3564) just fine every time with no prep work at all. I even had both installed, switched from one to another from within the game by loading saves (and saves from other mods), and newer versions vomit each time while v26 doesn't.

dusckr87 and Trekkieciv what your PC/Laptop setups?

Reason being there might be something in comomon with us?

And to the developers. What sort of things outside the MOD on our PC/Laptops could affect the game? If we can get the information from all the people with this problem we may be able to get a link.

Ok quick update. I have reinstalled the game and the mod with the lastest SVN versions (as of 1:30 pm GMT) and its working.......turned it off and restarted the game 4 times and its working fine........

OK, I'm pretty sure now that it is mapscript tools that are not loading correctly on my games, as I compared SVN3564 and SVN4151 pythondbg.log, and the big thing that stuck out was the MST in the latter but not the former. SVN3564 works fine every time, while anything later than that has black tiles every time.

Attachments

• PythonDbgold.7z
    7.4 KB · Views: 52
  • PythonDbgnew.7z
    27 KB · Views: 57
OK, I'm pretty sure now that it is mapscript tools that are not loading correctly on my games, as I compared SVN3564 and SVN4151 pythondbg.log, and the big thing that stuck out was the MST in the latter but not the former. SVN3564 works fine every time, while anything later than that has black tiles every time.
The weird thing in that old debug seems to be that many of the map scripts are not loaded, including the one that loads MST.

The weird thing in that old debug seems to be that many of the map scripts are not loaded, including the one that loads MST.

Actually I did something really stupid. The reason why the old one doesn't have the scripts loaded is due to that it is from a save game, not a new game. The new game has far less discrepancies in the debug files between SVN versions, but now the big ones seem to be BUG options, which is strange as I copied the user settings from the old to the new.

I also looked in the xml files to see if there were references to "c:\program files" just on the off chance that the mod has to be in that folder (my civ4\bts game isn't even on the c: drive, let alone program files), but it seems that all references are minor and are present in SVN3564 as well anyway.

This is a weird one.

It was fine for the first day and then failed on the next day. No changes to my PC. Even new small maps fail.

So after getting enthusiastic about it, thinking it'd be fun making a 2012 or even a 1940 earth map. I am going to have to dump this mod again.

@kiwitt

There have only been a handful of players with this black tile problem.

So before you bale on the mod what type and make of Video card do you have?

Because it seems to be a rare Graphical issue.

JosEPh

Intel Core-i7-920, 6GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870 512 MB

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    28.9 KB · Views: 71
Intel Core-i7-920, 6GB of RAM, ATI HD 4870 512 MB

I have an ATI Radeon 5800 and for me the black tile problem went away when I updated my .NET to 4.0. SO did that and also had to update the 4.0 with a MS patch. There are earlier posts in this thread with links and instructions. I play on Medium graphics.

But as others have advised, the BT problem for C2C is ABSOLUTE voodoo and what works for one may not work for someone else. Some folks may be afraid to post suggestions out of fear of jinxing themselves. Good luck with your current problem!

I have pretty much exhausted all my options on this issue (and I know a little bit more than most about computers - 30-year IT veteran).

1) New drivers
2) Clearing caches (even tried turning off Windows Caches - Superfetch)
3) New .Net 4 and .Net 4 SP1 and not even .Net 4.5

It is so annoying. I really really wanted to play this :( and maybe even help develop it scenarios for it.

I have pretty much exhausted all my options on this issue (and I know a little bit more than most about computers - 30-year IT veteran).

1) New drivers
2) Clearing caches (even tried turning off Windows Caches - Superfetch)
3) New .Net 4 and .Net 4 SP1 and not even .Net 4.5

It is so annoying. I really really wanted to play this :( and maybe even help develop it scenarios for it.
Have you tried unpacking some of the fpks? In the past it solved my BT issues at the cost of very slow initialization. (Start up time was 10 or more minutes but no BT.)

Have you tried unpacking some of the fpks? In the past it solved my BT issues at the cost of very slow initialization. (Start up time was 10 or more minutes but no BT.)

OK ... I'll give that a go.

Worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK ... I'll give that a go.

Worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that you got it working can you do me a favor then, Start out with the NORMAL C2C, and see if you get the BT.

If so, un-pack each FPK separate, BUT only one at a time, ie C2C and leave the others in the FPK and start up and see if the BT is there, etc etc, that way I can nail it down to which FPK is causing the problem. THX if you do it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom