1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

black tiles in C2C

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by civhelp121, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

again please read through, some of the solutions, thx.

2. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

thanks for helping. but I don't feel like reading 18 pages for a solution:cool:

3. strategyonly

All you need to do is read the last 25 posts.

4. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

It's only 9 pages if you set it to 40 posts per page.

But seriously, as said, the last month or two is really all you need to check And to answer your first question setting graphics to low probably only works as a coincidence.

5. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

I did read the last 3 and a half last pages. it seems I have to delete cache files but I don't know where. I looked in a few folders and couldn't find anything. I'm totally useless in computer stuff (except of playing hehe). I remember I downloaded a smaller version (rocks 2 rockets) of c2c and will try that instead. thank you for helping :) but I'll come back and check this thread and I might be lucky that there one day is a solution I can understand lol ;-)

6. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

lol yea true

7. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

is it the cache folder inside the asset folder? can I delete cache folder without risking any trouble except of longer loading time? (I feel really smart right now so I hope I am right lol)

8. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

You can safely delete any one of the cache folders, as they will be rebuilt when you load the game anyway. Deleting the one in assets won't hurt, but probably won't help either. You can also try deleting the one in users\yourname\appdata\local\my games\BTS, but that probably won't help either.

As a BTW, I get the black tiles in R2R as well unless I unpack the fpks also (probably because it was based on v26, which was the first one I had trouble with).

EDIT---and you can edit your posts instead of posting 3 times in a row. There is no time limit, as people here don't get into arguments over who posted what. That may cut down on the number of pages people have to read...:mischief:

9. salvelinus

salvelinus Chieftain

A warm thank you to all friends. My problem with the tiles was based on the operation of PackBuild. To be able to run on 64-bit Window Seven, you have to change the program settings to "compatibility" for Windows 7. In this way, the files fpk are extracted perfectly.
    Now everything works, now everything is stable.
    A warm greetings for all.
    P.S. Introduce the Etruscan civilization, please.

10. strategyonly

I dont understand what or how to do what your saying here?

11. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

I'm playing r2r now and I don't have any problems with it, no black tiles. it seems to be almost the same as c2c, that they haven't removed any important stuff compared to c2c. can't say I love r2r yet, only played it for a couple of hours. but I am pretty sure I will love it when I get to the middle ages.

12. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

I am starting to think that I might have to update the computer and that is the reason why c2c act so strange (black tiles). the computer is around 15 months old and I haven't updated anything yet, so it might be time for it soon (except of nvidia updates). I might need a better graphic card (the one I currently have is GeForce GTX 550 Ti)

13. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

A GTX 550Ti is more than enough. I play without issue (other than a very low frame rate at times, which doesn't really matter in a turn based game) using a GT 520, which is something like a dozen tiers below that in performance.

But if you really want to upgrade to en even more ridiculously powerful graphics card then any excuse will do...

14. strategyonly

thats a perfectly good card.

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Clearly we all need triple SLI Titans, and it'll only set you back about $3000! (for just the graphics cards that is)

Seriously though. I have a 6850 and it's more than enough. The main things are:

1. 4g RAM, ideally with a 64 bit OS
    2. The fastest CPU you can afford (once you get to an adequate level of memory more CPU speed is really the only thing that c2c performance will scale with)
    3. Any reasonably modern mid range discrete graphics card

16. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

That doesn't really solve the occasional BT issue. I have a new Mid-rng HP PC that's only a month old, fully updated, and I still have BT issues. You'll have to go through all the PAK build/ epic computer god repairs in order to get it to work... Or you can be like me and just wait until it will evenually come out on an intstall disc :mischief:

On the plus side, R2R seems to work great on my comp. So at least I get a general idea of what this mod is like :)

17. 00konichiwa00

00konichiwa00 Chieftain

ok thanks. good to know. saves me a few pennies :)

18. salvelinus

salvelinus Chieftain

Clicking the right button over the icon of PackBuild and selecting "properties" appears the sign "compatibility" (compatibilità in italian) then select the type of system to be assigned to the program. Without this, the program does not extract the files properly.

19. strategyonly

Sorry i dont see the "comp" area??

20. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Chieftain

You are looking at the properties for an FPK file. Not being a program, it isn't run in any mode as it isn't run at all. The compatibility tab appears for a .exe file (PakBuild.exe, in this case).

But I find it is unnecessary to mess with it for 64-bit Windows 7. PakBuild apparently runs just fine without specifying anything there as I have unpacked an .FPK file without specifying anything for compatibility, although I admit that I did not try to use the extracted files to run the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.