• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Blocking the AI?

You are really breaking my heart and make me cry. Please, what can I do that you still think that I'm a good man? I'm dependent on your opinion, you mean the world to me, say, what can I do to linder your pain that you feel because I so badly disappointed you? :cry:

You such a little baby! Crying over big big man being disappointed! It looks like you are finally letting yourself go to the troll side. ;)

Moderator Action: please also refrain from joining a fight. If someone is trolling for a fight in a thread it is most certainly not acceptable to join the fray. - ori
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You are really breaking my heart and make me cry. Please, what can I do that you still think that I'm a good man? I'm dependent on your opinion, you mean the world to me, say, what can I do to linder your pain that you feel because I so badly disappointed you? :cry:
Wow. I did not realise that my opinion was so important to you. As for what can you do to become a good man, I really don't know. A LOT less hubris would be a good start, however.

Moderator Action: please don't attack another user, even if provoked. Report their post(s) and let moderators handle the situation - no need to have a thread devolve into a fight. - ori
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You such a little baby! Crying over big big man being disappointed! It looks like you are finally letting yourself go to the troll side. ;)

I never said that I don't troll at all times :)

Wow. I did not realise that my opinion was so important to you. As for what can you do to become a good man, I really don't know. A LOT less hubris would be a good start, however.

For the big big man: You still have a lot to learn when it comes to play, also you should vew Southpark a little bit more. The sentence about the pope was actually a quote from Cartman and the reaction after that me acting as Cartman. If you still play, your wish for less Hubris means the exact opposite = I'm pretty ok the way I am, and if you really fell into the trap this time, think I'd ever ask you for advice or even cry on your shoulder, man, then you must be really desperate.

But as that is hard to figure out because you mix a playful beginning with a sound of earnesty in the end, I just think that you should keep trying, maybe you'll someday understand how life works.

Sera

Moderator Action: please refrain from trolling as in this and the past three posts. - ori

the AI won't send settlers behind your cultural borders if you will have single line of culture, but if you leave just 1 tile open they will go around, OB has nothing to do with this, only the layout of borders.

for example CXYXC (C city tile, X your culture, Y neutral culture) right after settling means for AI "hey there is that Y tile and I can expand there", after first border pop of either of C you get CXXXC and AI is like "whoa! no room there...have to go back".

No nice pictures from me this time, since people don't like them!

As for if the actual blocking is needed... I wouldn't say so. If you watch enough AZ videos you will realize that he is blocked from AI's all the time, stays with 3-4 cities and cat rushes them to get the number of cities he likes. There is just important thing that at T40 you should know if you will expand or attack and adjust tech paths.

On highest difficulties the bonuses for AI basically mean improved land for you, especially the vast jungle areas scream to me "let the AI clear it for you".

The only problem is your timing with military techs and unit numbers and praying that some situation 100 tiles away from you doesn't make the game unplayable (you will love those bud lovefest on other continent for example).

What about Galleys with Settlers that sail through your borders to settle directly on the island next to your palace? If I have the time, i'll test if AI also walks through your borders on the land way, I'm pretty sure I've seen that multiple times already. I can garantuee at least for the Galleys, but will investigate on land-way again.

I can speak from recent experiance that even BTS Ai will go past your culture (with OB or via Galley) if they run out of room to grow and there are available land to settle past your culture. And if that Ai is aggressive. Guess what? He is going to come after you. And if there is no way to get to the open land, they definately DoW. I am glad AI do not worker steal...............yet...:)

What about Galleys with Settlers that sail through your borders to settle directly on the island next to your palace? If I have the time, i'll test if AI also walks through your borders on the land way, I'm pretty sure I've seen that multiple times already. I can garantuee at least for the Galleys, but will investigate on land-way again.

You're right about the galleys. They will use them to settle behind your lines. But they won't walk through your culture unless there is a hole. This is not the first time someone has told this of this thread.

You don't, actually. The AI won't send settlers through your borders unless they're seriously cramped. And if you see one, you can always close borders with just that AI.

True, I do use that approach. However, seriously cramped does come up regularly and closing borders to your neighbor often cuts off trade routes to other civs on the far side. Plus, they are probably sending settlers soon after anyway. Not to mention that I sometimes miss seeing a settler coming until it is too late and accidentally bounce him further along instead of backwards. Grrrr.

If you watch enough AZ videos

What is an AZ video?

I've not watched any videos but "AZ" is AbsoluteZero, a high level player. The recommendation that you refer to was to watch some of the videos that he has made of his BTS games.

Thanks. I realized this later but had not run across his name recently and simply forgot. I will have to check out his videos, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two. Or two hundred.

Top Bottom