Blog Post: Diplomacy Gets a Major Upgrade in Civilization VI (available now)

Did I tell of my dream already where one civ was "The dwarves" and every unit of them was a height-adjusted UU? :p

There was a Civ V mod for Dwarves (based on Warhammer, iirc) that I thought was cool, basically you definitely wanted to build your cities next to mountains.

Some nice new info on just wars:
“First of all you get NO warmonger diplomatic penalty at all for making war in the Ancient Era. The penalty phases in and starts to get significant around the Renaissance, but that’s when the new Casus Belli system comes fully into play.” Casus Belli, a Latin expression, means “an act or situation provoking or justifying war.”

Beach goes on to say that there are six different “just” reasons for war that are covered by the Casus Belli system. “If you are eligible for one of those you can declare war and get a huge reduction in your warmongering penalty with the other civs in the game.” Some even reduce that penalty to zero, like the Reconquest Casus Belli, which is to retake a city lost in a prior war.

I am really intrigued by the fact that there will be 6 casus belli in the game.

There was a Civ V mod for Dwarves (based on Warhammer, iirc) that I thought was cool, basically you definitely wanted to build your cities next to mountains.

Where it is?

Some nice new info on just wars:

I am really intrigued by the fact that there will be 6 casus belli in the game.

On top of my head

The confirmed one, Reconquest (do not mistake it for Reconquista) which allows you to declare war because they took some of your cities

The Denouncement one (declare just war because they think you're a scoundler!)

---

That's 2 out of 6

I assume - Religion one (different religions)

Ideological (rivalling governments, namely Fascim, Communism and Democracy)

So that's 4 out of 6...

Hmmm...

Top Bottom