Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks and investment houses need to keep inventing new wealth generating ideas so they can generate fees and commissions of greed.
or capturing.

I read your post a little differently and really liked the words I imagined:

Banks and investment houses need to keep inventing new generational wealth ideas …

Last edited:
A link to Anti-American commie propaganda? No thanks, not interested. If I wanted to learn more about the Korean War, I’d seek out non-biased sources from the likes of Armchair Historian, History Matters, Mr. Beat, and Oversimplified. Not whatever the DeProgram/Second Thought pumps out.

Commuphobia…
Cute, another buzzword insult for anti-communism :rolleyes:.

I was hoping for a boomer on old gen xer might have some insight...
[Bolding mine]Oh, we don't care*. We're pretty famous for that. Don't count on us for anything more than "oh, that's interesting".

* even bolding that part of your post & saying it was mine was more effort than you can expect from most of us

The Soviets were barely involved if you look into it. You are jsut reinforcing my overall point here that even now, in 2023, that the western perception of the Cold War is insanely violent, childish in its reactionary naivete, and counterproductive for the actual economic welfare of most humans.
The Soviets have been dead and gone for 30 years, the US and its allies are literally pushing genocidal propaganda today.

2.4 Mil Chinese troops is considered barely involved ?
Or should we consider the Chinese a separate faction given the divergence and split which occurred later when the Chinese felt used by the Soviets

The Soviets were barely involved if you look into it. You are jsut reinforcing my overall point here that even now, in 2023, that the western perception of the Cold War is insanely violent, childish in its reactionary naivete, and counterproductive for the actual economic welfare of most humans.

The Soviets have been dead and gone for 30 years, the US and its allies are literally pushing genocidal propaganda today.
Veteran pilots in the Korean War claim seeing thoroughly white guys piloting the “North Korean” migs. But who knows

Or should we consider the Chinese a separate faction given the divergence and split which occurred later when the Chinese felt used by the Soviets
The Sino-Soviet Split happened sometime during the 1960s long after Stalin’s death and during Kruchiev’s premiership. Essentially after the ceace fire between the North and the South was signed in 1953.

Mao only got himself involved when the US and her UN coalition came uncomfortably close to the Chinese-North Korean border.

North Korea had the backing of the Soviet Union and were propped up by them.

“Despites its denials at the time, the Soviet Union was intimately involved in the Korean War. The contribution made by the Soviets was vital. They provided diplomatic support, strategic and grand tactical planning, including the planning of the invasion of South Korea, and essential logistical support. (Source)”.

“Though not officially a belligerent during the Korean War (1950–1953), the Soviet Union played a significant, covert role in the conflict. It provided material and medical services, as well as Soviet pilots and aircraft, most notably MiG-15 fighter jets, to aid the North Korean-Chinese forces against the South Korean-United Nations Forces. Joseph Stalin had final decision-making power and several times demanded North Korea postpone action, until he and Mao Zedong both gave their final approval in spring 1950 (Wikipedia Source)”.

A link to Anti-American commie propaganda? No thanks, not interested. If I wanted to learn more about the Korean War, I’d seek out non-biased sources from the likes of Armchair Historian, History Matters, Mr. Beat, and Oversimplified. Not whatever the DeProgram/Second Thought pumps out.

Cute, another buzzword insult for anti-communism :rolleyes:.
yw, my ten-year-old came up with it, enjoy.

definitely separate from soviets.

Veteran pilots in the Korean War claim seeing thoroughly white guys piloting the “North Korean” migs. But who knows
veteran pilots also claim dropping biological weapons on korea...

The Sino-Soviet Split happened sometime during the 1960s long after Stalin’s death and during Kruchiev’s premiership. Essentially after the ceace fire between the North and the South was signed in 1953.

Mao only got himself involved when the US and her UN coalition came uncomfortably close to the Chinese-North Korean border.
They crossed that border, part of the point of the post is pointing out the crimes people like MacArthur were perpetrating. Again, I feel the need to point out that the facts are not in dispute here.

They crossed that border, part of the point of the post is pointing out the crimes people like MacArthur were perpetrating. Again, I feel the need to point out that the facts are not in dispute here.
Wasn't MacArthur fired for that?

North Korea had the backing of the Soviet Union and were propped up by them.

“Despites its denials at the time, the Soviet Union was intimately involved in the Korean War. The contribution made by the Soviets was vital. They provided diplomatic support, strategic and grand tactical planning, including the planning of the invasion of South Korea, and essential logistical support. (Source)”.

“Though not officially a belligerent during the Korean War (1950–1953), the Soviet Union played a significant, covert role in the conflict. It provided material and medical services, as well as Soviet pilots and aircraft, most notably MiG-15 fighter jets, to aid the North Korean-Chinese forces against the South Korean-United Nations Forces. Joseph Stalin had final decision-making power and several times demanded North Korea postpone action, until he and Mao Zedong both gave their final approval in spring 1950 (Wikipedia Source)”.
Your first source is garbage and the second one is saying basically what I've been saying here already. The aid was minimal. The UN forces enjoyed complete air superiority the entire war. Hence their literal bombing of NK into the stone age.

Wasn't MacArthur fired for that?
He was fired for sending a letter to republicans in congress which was read on the floor basically calling for all-out war on China after Truman told him not to invade China. He wanted to drop 30-50 nukes on them and so on...

The Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China are not the same thing at all.

The UN forces enjoyed complete air superiority the entire war. Hence their literal bombing of NK into the stone age.
Air power in both WW2 and Korea was a significant force and many many areas of Europe and Asia were "bombed back to the stone age". Rebuilding after those wars was extensive. NK got help from China and Russia and a tiny bit from the US actually) and as you said, made faster progress than the South until the 1970s. So, the initial destruction was dealt with. The failure in NK after the 70s was entirely due to the Kim's ongoing desire to be god-king of Korea.

Air power in both WW2 and Korea was a significant force and many many areas of Europe and Asia were "bombed back to the stone age". Rebuilding after those wars was extensive.
Anyone could tell that it's objectively going to be harder to rebuild (really just "build") in the colonized world than in industrial Europe.

Air power in both WW2 and Korea was a significant force and many many areas of Europe and Asia were "bombed back to the stone age". Rebuilding after those wars was extensive. NK got help from China and Russia and a tiny bit from the US actually) and as you said, made faster progress than the South until the 1970s. So, the initial destruction was dealt with. The failure in NK after the 70s was entirely due to the Kim's ongoing desire to be god-king of Korea.
I'm not disputing any of the facts in your comment here, just pointing out that it was completely unnecessary and was more about capital interests in the US and England establishing a post war narrative of a boogeyman under your bed that gave them leverage at home to cull the working classes. Within a generation you see the end of New Deal Era policies and the destruction of the working class's ability to organize effectively.

Alos previous mass war crimes do not excuse more war crimes. The ultimate irony (original sin imo) of the Geneva conventions being signed in 1949 and then the US under the auspices of a police action through the UN of all bloody things commit the worst war crimes Korea had yet seen. Considering the nightmare, the Japanese put them through that is saying something (oh and there are some interesting paper trails about our usurpation of certain Japanese programs used in the Korean and Manchurian spheres).

Fun reading for you @Estebonrober : https://www.jstor.org/stable/2055515?read-now=1&seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Staying On: Japanese Soldiers and Civilians in China, 1945-1949

The authors examine the actions and motivations of the Japanese who remained in China following Japan's surrender in August 1945. A large part of the Japanese Army in China became involved in the civil war there, and it appears that both sides, but especially the Nationalists, benefited from Japanese assistance. Although frequently the victims of circumstance, the Japanese also deliberately intervened in the fighting in the hope of continuing to influence the course of events in China. Such involvement may have significantly affected Japan's subsequent relationship with both the People's Republic of China and the Chinese Nationalists on Taiwan.
---

Something that felt to me as relevant reading/important context for why China responded the way it did when MacArthur, who at the time was a flag officer with considerable civilian power in Japan and was sometimes referred to as "the Shogun of Japan," did in fact invade China through the Korean police action:
Something @GenMarshall should be aware of too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom