Blue Marble V3.0

Do I still need the CD/DVD version of Civ4 to install it if I use an Steam version?

Is it possible to install bluemarble with the civ4 steam version? I was told playing mods on civ4 steam was no problem, so far I'm disappointed.

I installed BTS Steam but I still had the mygames\bts folder on my computer and it automatically took that over and used BlueMarble without problems!

Unfortunately due to my stupidity I had to wipe that folder (Mod problems). And I couldn't get it back the way it was.

However I did find a way for it to work with Steam

Quite simple actually: Rename the Civ4BeyondSword to Civilization4
Then in the installer paste the exact file name in there so e.g.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civilization4.exe
(Don't forget the .exe or it doesn't work!)
It installs Blue Marble without a hiccup. However it doesn't show the BlueMarble logo on start up and it seems to be stuck on the golden background...

Still ColdFever, I did had a perfectly working version however as I said that is probably older and was in mygames/bts folder... So perhaps installing cd/dvd version -> installing Blue Marble -> Installing Steam version does work, so it should be able to work without first having to install the dvd version, or? I understand you don't want to test out every downloadable version out there but maybe the solution is simple? :)

Ok seems to be a name issue. When I rename the Main Menu folder to Civ4 Main Menu in CustomAssets\art\interface you get the Blue Marble screen again.

Can you tell me what folder which file is where it determines which colour to use? Could be really helpful. :)

Questions:
-How do I change the interface color from yellow to blue, and change the title screen to the default Civ 4 screen instead of the NASA one?

-How do I uninstall Blue Marble (in case I decide to do so later)?

If you open up the blue marble application on the second tab you can choose colours and text options. In one of the drop down menu you can choose "original text" or something which will give you the original colour you're used to. But I think the text size needs to be at 2, at least I find that the best size for me.

Erm, if you mean what menu you start with as in vanilla/warlords/bts you can choose that in the options (Graphics I think, opening menu option). If you mean how to remove the "bluemarble" logo, don't know. But I like to keep it up :)

I think the art goes into the custom assets, so you could manually remove them. But the sensible option would be to select "uninstall all" on the first tab on the bluemarble app.

If you download it and unzip it, all the options are quite clear so have a look about, see what you want and play about a bit. I love the new graphics, especially the look of sections of grasslands

By the way, I saw some screenshot of someone who had a kind of turquoise background. Looked really good. My cousin tried a nasty green. Burns my eyes but he hasn't changed it yet... lol

AND I have a question... how do you get that sky background??

how can I install this without the installer (no admin rights here)... can I copy from other mod, if yes what folders.. thanks

Top Bottom