BMP to WBS Converter

I couldn't get it to work. I had to install python and then something else that's a part of python, but the second thing was just a zip file and I didn't know what to do with those files. I couldn't even understand the readme install instructions.

Would it be possible to get a reverse option for this, taking a WBS and outputting a bitmap? Sure would make adding rivers to pre-existing maps a lot easier.

I have read this entire thread, installed all 3 parts of python, and I still get the same error of an instant DOS window opening and closing, even when running the default scripts.
Any ideas of what I might have overlooked?

Hey, I'm new to modding. And, since my windows isn't a 32bit system, could you give me a link to download the wxPython for a 64bit?
And My system is Vista.

Thanks.

I can't get it to generate anything other than mountains all over the screen. Is there anyone willing to convert a map for me?

The effbot website linked to in the tutorial is down :(

If anyone has this old version of PyPil (PIL-1.1.5.win32-py2.4.exe) to download I would appreciate it! I've looked around a little and not found and exe of it. This is an excellent mapmaking tool and it would be a shame if it became unusable

EDIT: Posting the solution to my own problem: Wayback machine managed to download the file for me and I got the converter working. Here's the PIL exe for future reference though.

Attachments

• PIL.7z
    479.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Top Bottom