Born of Fire: Discussion and Development Thread

Alright we'll see what you come up with and we will work from there. Are you aiming for a cross between the firaxis meso cities and mine btw?

That's the plan :)
If you do make those Andean cities, Blue Monkey will have you pointed in the right direction, for sure.

Units are up, btw, in post #3.

Btw, would you be interested in doing the era three andean city graphics - something to compliment the mesoamerican ones you did for that era?
Only problem is I don't know what Andean graphics looked like.....
Thumbnail

The smorgasbord is pretty wide. Hopefully you can find some useful images in there. I apologize for losing track of the one image I found with the Machu Picchu houses thatched.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I made the guy in red, only difference is he is armed with a spear, instead of a macana blade.
I'm currently using that guy as the Huastec UU. Do you think you could do a version with a macana?

I know Skam did some Incan cities. Maybe those could be used for the first era. AS for era two and three i'm at a loss. Those pictures seem way outta my league to do. But thanks for posting them BLue.
I'm actually using the first era of Emperor Xerxes' Latin American cities for era one. I'll take a look at Skam's cities and see if I can incorporate them somehow in era two.
Don't worry about era three, then; I'll give it a try.

just for reference, Quincy made an archer we can use in this mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6001529&postcount=1

Ooh! Excellent! A perfect replacement for the era one archer.

Cool. I'll definately incorporate those terraced farms. Thanks.

Siyah Kak was one man wasn't he? Anyone know any Totonacan and you could pull the word "warrior" from it? I think that's what the Teotihuacán spoke anyways :)

And glad to see i'm of help in other ways. That unit tree is giving my inspiration. :D

Here's a preview of the first Tech Icons pack I've made for your mod:

Agriculture, Fortifications, Trade Network, Taxation
Tlachtli, Calendar, Spanish Invasion, Civil Rights

Link to post in my Tech Icon Library thread
DL here.

There's plenty more on the way.

Blue Monkey you are a talented tech maker as always.
Thank you. Other people make the images; I just troll the web (Especially Wikimedia) & libraries, do some CnP & play with the pallettes.

Blue have you got Poser yet by any chance?
I got the free versions (both PC & Mac) when they were available. Before I can begin to learn a new program I need to at least finish the map for this mod. (The biggest problem with that is I need sustained concentration & 2-3 hour work sessions. It's much easier to track down images & make tech icons while doing other things or in short bursts.) When that's done I plan to really concentrate on learning Poser & make some Indian units.

Siyah Kak was one man wasn't he? Anyone know any Totonacan and you could pull the word "warrior" from it? I think that's what the Teotihuacán spoke anyways :)

And glad to see i'm of help in other ways. That unit tree is giving my inspiration. :D
Yes, just one man. It's the best name I could think of at the time, but a better name is definately needed. I do believe the Totonacs claimed to have been the builders of that city.
Your new units are just great! Thanks for making them, and please, do as many as you like!

Here's a preview of the first Tech Icons pack I've made for your mod:

Agriculture, Fortifications, Trade Network, Taxation
Tlachtli, Calendar, Spanish Invasion, Civil Rights

Link to post in my Tech Icon Library thread
DL here.

There's plenty more on the way.
Holy tech icons, Batman!! Blue Monkey, thank you so much!

Blue Monkey you are a talented tech maker as always. I hope Red sees this. On my end I have an Olmec head ready, with two eras which would be appropriate for this mod. All that remains is pcxs(which I hate doing).
An Olmec leaderhead?! I can't wait to see it!

I'm plunking stuff into the editor at the moment. I may get a city preview up tomorrow too.
It's great to have you guys helping! You've all just made my day :)

Top Bottom