Botwawki 2.6

So been mostly thinking on the tactical combat game in my head (don't worry! working on developing revised stats for this, when at home). At the moment I've been working out units and what sort of build each playable faction would have. There would be three classes of units: Melee, Ranged, and Artillery. Melee has advantages in close-quarters combat, as they would ignore terrain cover bonuses when attacking. Ranged forces would, assuming they aren't moving, automatically fire upon units moving into their range. Artillery would have indirect fire and be able to reach almost anywhere on the map, but unless players are good at anticipating the movement of enemy units, artillery will be best against immobile targets, but devastating when blows land.

So, as for factions' unit makeups, these are my thoughts:

Transmississippian Confederation: Mostly melee focused, with powerful, up-close and personal style units. Melee units would have the best cost to power ratio in the game. No heavy ranged or artillery units, and artillery would be weakest in the game (Trebuchets).

Louisiana Reclamation District: The LRD is the "proficient in all, master of none" faction I'd use to balance the stats of all others around. They would have average stats across the board, and a diverse group, with the powerful Enclave Squad as the top of the line unit they could purchase.

Sunshine Kingdom: Due to the SK's recent "manpower deficiency" I envision the SK as having fewer, but powerful units. The Sons of Oscar guerrilla forces would make up the melee base, while their regulars would be ranged units. Their top end units would of course be the Astroknights as previously described, and overall, the SK would have the most powerful units, but they would also be the most pricey. Think of them as "Protoss" if the LRD are "Terran."

Florida Reclamation District: FRD would be the Zerg to the SK's Protoss. Cheap but weak clone units would make up the bulk of the army, supplemented by a sparse few powerful units at the end of the line (including Enclave Troopers).

Georgia Reclamation District: The GRD would have balanced and decent, but slightly below average melee and ranged forces, but would make it up for it with powerful artillery and of course Enclave forces backing them up. As the most powerful of the RDs, the GRD would have access to elite Enclave soldiers, even more powerful than the Troopers available to the other RDs.

Reclaimed Free Republic: The RFR would have the best cost for armor ratio, consisting of a lot of slow, heavy units, but that back a major punch. They would have the slowest movement of the listed factions, but when they do arrive at a location, they'll hammer it down to bits. Their weakness is that they lack decent melee forces, relying on ranged weapons. They would be the best defenders in the game.

Steelmen: Also acts the base for any NPC raider armies. They would be sort of a cross between the TC and FRD. They would have some cheap and weak melee units, with the heavy lifting done by a moderate amount of powerful attacking melee units, the most powerful melee forces in the game as a matter of fact. They would be weak in ranged combat, but have decent artillery. Their good melee units would be quite expensive, but worth it.

East Florida Trading Company: Thought about it, and the multiple "trading companies" that exist need a representative. The EFTC's units would focus on being highly mobile and with light armor, emphasizing speed and maneuver over fights of attrition. To that end, they would have extremely light artillery, but would be able to move the quickest around the battlefield, in terms of all their units.

Columbia: Columbia would be a grab-bag mess of various unit types and qualities. Due to the mix and match nature of the nation in general, consisting of different other factions, like Edgewood, Universe City, and the NGC, we're looking at a nation that would be average across the board, with maybe one powerful unit rather than multiple ones.

Jacksonia: Jacksonia would be extremely weak when it comes to melee units, but would have the most powerful ranged forces in the game. They would also have good artillery (but not the best), but as stated, the Jacksonians would be at a severe disadvantage in close-quarters combat.

Jacksonian codex outline:

As I've said before, Jacksonia looks like a post-apocalyptic attempt to re-imagine a modern, industrial state. It's also full of allusions to 1984 in full accordance with J.K.'s description. What's more interesting, it's also a giant family syndicate, not unlike Italian mafia, with the Jackson family being the true holders of power, so Jacksonia is where meritocracy of modern state and nepotism of clan structure intermix quite peculiarly. Military-wise, it looks like an attempt to make a post-apocalyptic force look and act more like a professional army, with its leaders having a particular soft spot for artillery.

One of the special rules, naturally, will be allowing the player to call in artillery bombardment of a particular spot of the battlefield (various types of bombardment allowed) with an assumption that the artillery battery is placed outside the battlefield. Battlefield artillery may still be present, but this special rule would represent a long-range barrage. I also want to shape some rules around the cronyism and nepotism of Jacksonian power structure and their typical family paranoia, but haven't decided what it's gonna be. The thought I'm playing with is to allow Jacksonian commanders stop routing units from retreating by shooting somebody in their ranks. It's not through inspiration that Jacksonians keep their people's discipline, but through fear and bribery.

Characters:

Spoiler :
Kinsman: one of the members of the Jackson family clan. I may add several versions of that character, ranging from a Godchild (loosely tied to the clan) to an Inner Family member (one of the Jacksons that can really make people shiver with fear... or totally buy them out). I think, some units will always fear them (which gives them better chances to regroup near a Kinsman when broken or something like that), and some units are fanatically loyal to them (which gives them some battlefield boosts).

Commodore: high-ranking army/navy commander (represents the influence of the Naval branch in Jacksonian military). Don't know what his special rules will be.

Inspector: that's one 1984-esque character, something of a Ministry of Love officer. Again, I don't want to repeat the same functionality I described for the Kinsman, so I may shuffle thing around to make Inspectors and Kinsmen not only interesting, but also different. J.K., feel free to share your ideas with me.

Palmist Radiovangelist: a high-ranking preacher and religious leader from the Fellowship of the Palm. I also like the play on words (Palm/Palmist, a.k.a. Chiromancer or just Palm-reader), so I may add some sort of palm-reading ability to him/her (I don't think he/she can actually read people's future, but it doesn't matter, as long as people believe him/her).

Something else? Railway magnates? Plantation owners? Military industrialists? Do suggest.

Special characters:
Spoiler :
Here I'm planning to include all of the Jackson family members J.K. has already described in different roles. Plus, I want to add a character who'd be a reference to Orwellian O'Brien and Winston Smith (the latter one being, say, an ex-member of the Sons of Oscar who broke down under torture and now "loves the Big Brother").

Plus, I will definitely give the Fellowship of the Palm one special character. I don't want to take the simpleton dude from the Adventure of the Traveler (can't remember his name), because he definitely cut his ties with the Fellowship in the story. Anything else?

Elite:
Spoiler :
Interception Squad: power-armored elite soldiers with assault plasma weapons and some advanced melee capabilities. Loyal to the Jacksons.

Palm Crusaders: a strictly melee unit that moves fast, dodges bullets to some degree, and pummels enemies of the state with maces and power fists. Not affected by the Jacksons, but the Palmists will have their own special rules.

Black Shirt Marines: Jacksonian marine shock troops. Less heavily armored than the interceptors, but utilize plenty of assault guns of all kinds. Loyal to the Jacksons.

Robotic Assault Squad: a bunch of "Mr.Gutsy" robots upgraded to use primarily assault lasers and plasma guns. As any robotic unit without human engineers in it, it can sometimes suffer from AI malfunction and instruction loops, but is otherwise pretty good in close quarter combat and fire support.

Troops:
Spoiler :
Armed Fruitlanders: your most basic, cheap, numerous unit with plenty of small firearms. They're bad in melee (Fruitlands lifestyle doesn't help sharpening that skill and courage), but can put plenty of gun fire. Scared of the Jacksons.

Jacksonian Police: medium tier infantry unit. They have police batons and small firearms (one of which they can trade for police shields that give them better protection and ability to use formations), ride in a small armored car. Give Jacksonia some Troops-level melee capability. Loyal to the Jacksons.

Wall Watch: guardians of the Great Wall of Fruitlands. A somewhat better Troops-level infantry. Not very mobile (at least, their access to heavy weapons makes the player not want to move them too much), but are hard to break. Good for victory points control (it's a WH40k thing; just a part of the battlefield with strategic value). Loyal to the Jacksons.

Fast Attack:
Spoiler :
Monks of the Palm: radical Christian ninjas. Silent, sneaky, deadly, unbreakable. End of statement.

Railway Patrol: a US Ranger-like elite light infantry that's usually tasked with patrolling the length of the Jacksonian railway (along with its newly gained Eastern extension) and regular roads. Snipers, flankers, enemy spotters (in case of Night Fighting). Use Stealth Boys to increase their stealth. Loyal to the Jacksons.

"Roadrunner" Motor Rifle Squad: well-armed infantry on an armored truck that gave the squad its name. I haven't decided what unique rules they'll have. Any suggestions?

Flying Battery: a squadron of tricycle bikes with light mortars on each of them. As mobile as artillery can go. Can even shoot on a go (not at top speed, but still...), although that decreases their accuracy and increases their chances to get into a crash or an accident.

Heavy Support:
Spoiler :
Land Ironclad: A sort of an all-terrain armored train on a track chassis. Many guns, plus embrasures for infantry to shoot from inside of it. Well-armored by the post-apocalyptic standards.

Fire Control Squad: this is an infantry unit designed to maximize the effect of the special rule that calls in an artillery barrage (either by diversifying it, or by giving the player an extra barrage per game). They're lightly armed and should always stay in the rear, but can be a real pain in your enemy's arse. Also, they can be given a Fat-man, and you know what it means. In WH40k, mini-nuke explosion would be called an "Apocalyptic blast," which doesn't destroy everything on the table, but that can still be very-very potent. Loyal to the Jacksons.

Field Artillery Battery: a squad of three cannons with a crew. Can't be separated, but they can select different targets for each gun (although concentrating on a single unit gives them extra accuracy). There are three types of guns: anti-tank gun, field cannon, and siege mortar. First one is good for better armored targets (including power-armored infantry), the latter one shoots inaccurate high-explosive shells across the whole table, and the middle one is a compromise. The player may mix and match them in any combination within a battery.

Anything I missed?

P.S. I didn't see EQ's message until I posted this outline. Fun to see that we match in our vision of Jacksonian military.

Hey, sorry for double-posting, but I've got another codex outline ready. Also, I added a robotic unit to the Jacksonian outline above (see in the Elite section).

Now, I didn't originally plan to put the Louisiana Reclamation District in the list of top tier nations, but EQ's description of their background kinda made me very interested in LRD. Keep in mind that I don't know ALL of the background theDright has created for his faction, so sometimes I'm just gonna assume things or go into the full imagination mode. TheDright and EQ can correct me where they want.

LRD's codex outline

One of the key features of the Louisiana Reclamation District as EQ described it was a macabre religious cult that mixed Lovecraftian aesthetics with Christian Americanism. I gave myself a permission to add a bunch of assumptions to it.

Now, the main assumption is that the "Seventy-Niners" believe that the Founding Fathers were sort of old American gods that are currently dormant at the bottom of the sea or deep underground, but one day will wake up and either restore the heavenly nation of America or simply destroy the world for its sins. The Founding Fathers are being worshiped similarly to the Lovecraftian Old Ones. When some LRD units gather up for a campaign, they may be given a Mark of the Founding Fathers (the player rolls a dice to figure out what particular mark they get - for example, the Mark of Benjamin Franklin may give a unit the Lightning Reflexes special rule). The mark gives them various special rules, and if the Marked unit gets fully destroyed, then all units of Vault-dwellers on the board get some special boosts for the length of one turn. So, it allows the player either sacrifice squads to the enemy, or force the opposite player not to kill off some squads (or time killing them very well) simply in order not to give one-turn boosts to the rest of the army. (FYI - I don't consider it magic, bur rather a religious placebo effect, so no Psychic rules are gonna be used for that.)

Another special feature of the LRD is that it owns the USS Alabama battleship and uses it for shore bombardment. I assume that LRD would usually fight close enough to the shore for the battlefield to be in the range of the battleship (or its missiles), so the LRD player can also call in artillery support similarly to Jacksonia, only it'd be a single Apocalyptic Blast (WH40k terminology) instead of a barrage.

Now, units...

HQ and Characters:

Spoiler :
Priest of the Founding Fathers: a member of the clergy of the Founding Fathers' cult. Inspires troops and allows choosing the Mark of the Founding Fathers that you want instead of rolling a dice for finding out what you get.

Parish Juror: basic military and administrative leader. May also grant Marks, but the player rolls a dice and accepts the result.

Vault Industrialist: a support character on a Nukajeep with a lot of boxes of ammo. All units in a certain radius around him/her get significant shooting bonuses (it doesn't improve their aim, but just allows them shoot more (re-rolling failed To-Hit rolls, in WH40k terms). Also grants Marks.

Somebody else? I'm open to suggestions.

Special Characters:
Spoiler :
Unique variations of the above. There's currently only one name I can take from the game: the Overseer Earl Schwartz himself. The rest will be made up. Again, I'm open for your suggestions.

Elite:
Spoiler :
Enclave Sentry Squad: power-armored Enclave troops with very heavy armor, assault plasma weaponry and Eye Bots (spotters that can also mark enemy troops with laser markers improving shooting the aim of other troops). Very expensive unit and the best thing that an LRD player can own. Enclave doesn't care about the Cult of the Founding Fathers, so its soldiers don't get affected by these special rules.

Segregators: a bunch of white-hooded characters with an emblem of a burning cross on their shoulders. Yep, you got it right. In the twisted cult of the Founding Fathers the Segregators are sort of a Monastic Order of American Restorationism. Unlike another bunch of white-hooded characters from our history, these folks don't care about separation of races, but see their mission in separation of "pure humans" with old-school DNA from various "mutants." A decent close combat unit, although not as good as some other factions have. They can be Marked according to the special rules and receive other associated bonuses.

River Buccaneers: they're actually close to what original Buccaneers were, namely hunters and scavengers that happened to also be sailors or boat crews. They represent armed expeditions that the LRD sends downstream and upstream to scavenge, hunt, and explore the region. Armed with assault weapons of all types (blunderbuss shotguns, for example) and are relatively lightly armed. Pretty mediocre when compare to some other factions' Elite troops, but cost-effective, as almost everything in the LRD's list. And yes, they can also be Marked.

Troops:
Spoiler :
Underseamen: Vault workers that maintain and navigate the below-ground Undersea of canals that exists in the Vault 79. Why did I call them Underseamen? Because it's a funny word, and I'm a hopelessly infantile individual. They're a cheap basic shooting infantry that comes with a night fighting spotting ability of limited value. The good part is they, too, can be Marked.

Caijun Rough-and-Tumblers: surface-dwellers with a relatively medium status in the District's hierarchy. Not "pure humans" from the Vault, but free people with a decent social status. They're essentially a basic melee unit wielding Bowie knifes and revolvers and fighting the Rough-And-Tumble hybrid martial art of the American Deep South (if you want to read about that brutality, here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gouging_(fighting_style)). Can't be Marked.

Louisiana Rovers: Refugees and those who're too mutated to be truly accepted into the LRD's society. Cheapest cannon fodder available to the LRD army. Can't be Marked and generally suck. They fill gaps in the front line when needed, and that's better than nothing.

Fast Attack:
Spoiler :
Dirty Hackers: semi-insane refugees from Hackdirt ("Dirty Hackers" is how the Vault-dwellers nickname them). They're good runners (the Fleet special rule), practically unbreakable, and sometimes unpredictable (have to pass the Madness test every turn). Fight with small arms and hatchets (another reason to be called "hackers") and can also be Marked.

Bayou Stalkers: best hunters and pathfinders that surface communities can offer. Flankers, infiltrators, snipers, etc. Can't be Marked.

"Seagull" Reconnaissance Vertibird: an Enclave-provided airship. Now, it's a lighter version of the standard military vertibird, because I assumed that it has to operate pretty far from other Enclave bases and thus has to be easy and cheap to maintain and fix. Still, it's much heavier aviation than any outlined faction has so far.

Heavy Support:
Spoiler :
Cross-burners: heavy weapon squad of the same nice white-hooded fellers I described above. They like heavy flamers. They like bazookas. They get invited when some bunker needs to be blown up and burned. Can be Marked.

Hired Guns: LRD is known for its tradition of mobilizing almost all of its population to produce guns and ammo for export and arming its military. It also is known for earning plenty of caps from weapon trade. To fill up for manpower shortages that it brings, they hire well-armed mercenaries. They can't be Marked, but they're better soldiers than people in white hoods chanting names of Founding Fathers. I think of giving them stationary heavy guns, not quite as powerful as Jacksonian howitzers, but still bigger than what a person can carry.

Marooners: deserters from the Maritime Collective marine infantry that decided to switch sides. Experts at handling heavy weaponry. Can't be marked, but I'll find for them some interesting rules.
Anything else?

All right, we're good to go with a new update. As previously stated, updates will be solely based upon my availability, and I'll be aiming for monthly updates, but quicker in slower months. All previous nations can be claimed by those who previously played them, and orders given with the new stats on the front page. The rules have changed dramatically, as have pricing for weapons and structures. Reread them.

No new factions will be accepted for this update. Any faction for which I do not receive any orders will become NPC.

Here are the revised market prices for the rule changes, all Challenges in the previous update stand:

Slaves: 10 Slaves for 12.3k caps

Food:100 for 21.5k caps

Water: 100 Water for 2.3k caps

Fusion Cores: 10 Fusion Cores for 1.6k caps

Materials: 100 Materials for 21.8k Caps

Chems: 100 Chems for 43k Caps

Ammunition: 100 Ammunition for 14.4k caps

1-H Guns: 5 1-H Guns for 13.5k Caps

Sweet. The stats are also much easier to read - great job, EQ! (And the Confederation has so much leather. So much leather...)

I'm reminding all parties that this is still a thing:

From the Transmississippian Confederation
To the Wasteland

Dark times are coming to the Wasteland. Riverbanks ooze blood and vultures feast upon the dead and the dying. In the times of violence and treachery actions speak louder than words.

Last winter, we saw first action that made us believe the times of true honor and virtue are not gone yet. A noble host of the Sunshine Kingdom assisted the Fort-Roman slave rebellion and saved thousands of people from the yoke of their self-proclaimed "masters." With true pride and respect in our hearts, we extend our hand to this legendary nation unbent in its exile and unyielding in its loyalty to true virtues of men.

We thus proclaim the creation of the Concord of Moon and Sun that shall bring the Transmississippian Confederation and the Sunshine Kingdom together into a state of full cooperation and alliance.

Let the Moon and Sun never fade!

Signed - Nat the Black Talon, second Pack Leader of the Transmississippian Confederation
Co-signed - Spartacus the First Wolfling, the Grand Forgoer of the Gray Champions
Signed - Queen Laura Bede the Breaker of Chains, Protector of the Sun, and Liberator of Rome, Walker of the Stars, and Queen of the M.

Thomas - How could we? It was just getting interesting.

EQ - what's the status of all ongoing scientific projects? Are they cancelled in the new system? I used to have an Institute, which granted me a project to develop mass-production of advanced melee weapons. Now there's a specialist for that purpose (which I don't have), and scientific projects require scientists, which my nation doesn't have either. I'm not complaining, just wondering how to go about it now.

Vault 56 is back in working operation.

‘Long live the workers! Long live Republic! And long live the Reclamation!’​

For everyone: Get orders in and the sooner I have a good bunch of orders in, the sooner we begin.

For those interested in science: I'll be providing revised science challenges for all relevant factions in the first update.

This month is pretty hectic for me and I'd have to read back a bunch to remember what I was doing, so how late is too late to get in orders for this coming turn?

There really isn't a too late at this point. I'll do an update when I have enough orders to do an update, and per usual, I'll post when I start working on it.

Keen, will send orders tonight/tomorrow.

For specialist names, anything Sumerian or Assyrian or Babylonian or sufficiently Mesopotamian sounding will do. I misread the FO wiki at the start and thought Ashur was.a Steelmen so now they're all basically Assyrians, erc now I guess. I'll upload a proper list when I'm not on phone.

Given this:
The only reliable way to gather food and water is to send out your population or slaves each turn to collect it from the wilderness.
Do our farms and water stations still produce food and water without using any population, or do we need to have population work them?

Yes, Farming Equipment and Water Stations still produce. You can send out population to gather/farm additional food and water now, unlike previously.

Alright, awesome, now I won't die in a couple turns.

Orders are to be sent in shortly. Meanwhile...

Florida Reclamation District codex outline:

EQ has formulated the concept of the FRD military quite well: hordes of cheap, expendable troops, swarming around a few very powerful and advanced units that get the job done. To reflect that, I'm going to give the FRD the Human Wave special rule, which will give a lot of units (particularly clone troops) the ability to re-enter the battlefield in a second wave after the first wave gets destroyed. For example, if your unit of Expendables (see below) got wiped out, another unit of Expendables will enter the table next turn. The key here is to keep your opponent under constant pressure from your waves of cheap infantry, while your "big guns" do their job. On the other hand, if you fail to swarm your enemy, your few "big guns" will become easy targets for your enemy or will be too few to make a difference.

HQ:
Spoiler :
Exemplar: a masterpiece clone that was developed not just as a dull copy of another Vault-dweller, but as an improvement of all qualities, without going too far into creating a mutant. I view him/her almost as a Captain America type of character, especially given the fact that firearms are not always easily available for the numerous army of the FRD, and clone super-soldiers would naturally rely on their physique in combat rather than on shooting. I may give Exemplars some additional "Silver Age of Comics" type super-powers.

Clone Master: a doctor who particularly specializes in cloning technology. Support character that boosts the quality of clone units that he/she joins.

Firstborn Adventurer: in the FRD slang, "firstborns" are gonna be not just first children in their family, but rather naturally-born individuals whose DNA was so fine that they were chosen as samples for further cloning. In general, to be a Firstborn is considered rather prestigious, since Firstborns by definition have way more life experience than any clones. Firstborn Adventurers, while being not particularly unique on the scale of the Greater Wasteland, are considered to be real veteran survivalists, at least by FRD standards. I haven't come up with particular rules for them yet.

There will be a few more character units, but I haven't looked into them in detail.

Special Characters:
Spoiler :
I'll try to use the specialist names EQ has added to the stats, but I have four particular ideas that I want to run by Tolni and EQ.

One - I'll use the Traveler as a very powerful special character. The only second thought I have is that maybe he should be a character for Waycross and not for the FRD. What do you think?

Two - I definitely want to give Florida the Floridan youngster that joined the Traveler's party in the Adventures of the Traveler.

Three - I'm toying with the idea of something like a "Nazi Doctor" stereotype, only applied to cloning. Somebody who really-really likes cloning fighting cadavers. It's making that character a sort of a "black sheep" inside the FRD, because it breaks a lot of anti-mutant regulations, but it's just a fun character to create. I don't know what name to use yet.

Four - not a single character, but a small group of clones that share same consciousness (maybe collectively named "Legion"). I can build a few fun rules around them. I want them to be a "unique character," because making them just a regular unit would lead to assumption that that technology is well-developed, which conflicts with both the Fallout and Botwawki 2.6 lore. Anyway, it's your Agent Smith in the world of Fallout.

Five - specialized clone hitman with a bar code on the back of his neck. I think I'm gonna call him Object 47. Sorry.

Any other ideas?

Elite:
Spoiler :
Enclave Coast Patrol Squad: traditional Enclave troopers in power armor. What's different is that Coast Patrol Squads from Outposts Beta and Epsilon are veterans of several major wars, biggest of which are the Maritime War and the attack by the Raider Federation and Jacksonia. That means that Marine Patrol troopers had to adopt for close-quarter combat and utilize melee weapons more actively.

Firstborn Bruisers: assault troops that consist of "original" Vault-dwellers with plenty of real-life and combat experience of survival in the Wasteland. Not as good as other factions' Elite troops, but something much, much cheaper that the Enclave infantry.

Immortals: a group of close-quarter clone fighters, created using same DNA. Yes, unlike the Ancient Persian immortals, they literally have the same face. They don't have great armor or weapons, but must have some fun rules, affecting enemy's morale. Their squad leader is literally interchangeable, so if you kill the leader, another clone will take his/her place. You also can't challenge them to character duels, for the same reason. Immortals are pretty much a weaker, less creepy version of the Legion character I described in the Special Character section. Like other clone units, they can benefit from the Human Wave special rule.

Troops:
Spoiler :
Expendables: mass-produced, bad quality clones churned out for major war effort. Some of the worst infantry available in the game, but hey, re-read their name. Insanely cheap and benefit from the Human Wave special rule.

Citizen Hopefuls: natural-born human survivors from the Wasteland that aspire to achieve FRD's citizenship. My assumption is that due to cloning the District has no shortage of non-mutant DNA in its ranks, so even if you pass all genetic tests and qualify for citizenship, you still have to prove your worth in the battlefield or labor. They're better armed than Expendables and actually have some minimal fighting experience, so at least they can bind enemies by close combat without relying purely on numbers.

Emerald Coast Garrison: maritime urban militia with semi-decent armament. Your better shooting unit from the Troops section. Yet again, don't expect too much from them.

Fast Attack:
Spoiler :
B-77 Strategic Bomber: oh yeah. That's your tactical bomber of real military quality. Fast flyer without hovering ability, it's really hard to hit from the ground without using specialized flak units or other flyers. It has several bombing modes, including devastating, but not very precise carpet bombing. On the negative side, it's very, very expensive and rather tactically inflexible.

Airborne Guard: I made an assumption that at least one of the B-77 was remodeled to paradrop specialized troops. They can land anywhere on the battlefield, but, of course, can scatter. Lightly armed, but good fighters.

Government Hitman: specialized assassin. Basically, a budget version of Agent Object 47. Infiltrates, kills living things. Not as sneaky as the Transmississipian Watchful One in the sense that it doesn't blend in with enemies, but still it's a one-man killing machine.

Heavy Support:
Spoiler :
Clone Troopers: a bunch of clones in white combat armor armed with laser weapons. Again, sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation. Like other clone troops, they can use the Human Wave special rule, but another unit can enter the battlefield after destruction of the previous unit only skipping one turn: after all, heavy weapons are expensive, and it's harder to create constant human waves of well-armed soldiers.

Maritime Collective Veterans: a bunch of ex-Collective soldiers from Linkton and The Door, armed with bazookas and heavy guns. Similar to LRD's Marooners, but maybe with a different twist in special rules. After all, the Marooners are freebooters serving a Reclamation District, while the Collective Veterans are regular soldiers who simply obey a new authority.

M287 "Breedlove" Infantry Fighting Vehicle: another very heavy unit - a fully functional IFV that can pretty much act as a main battle tank of post-apocalyptic armies. Unlike the Jacksonian Land Ironclad, it's not hampered by extremely slow speed and is armed with a pretty decent ordnance cannon instead of a bunch of makeshift gun turrets. It can also carry troops. Needless to say, it's very expensive, so should be used effectively.

Faction Morale is a new and fairly important stat representing how well your people think you are doing as their leader. Morale will automatically decrease each turn by 2% for each settlement you have and 1% for every 500 Population you possess.
EQ, do I get the formula right? Is it [number of settlements]*2+(rounddown[total population]/500)?

My nation has 13 cities and 7200 population. It means, if I don't build proper buildings, my moral is going to drop by 13*2+14*1=40% in one turn, straight down to 20% (civil war). I guess, I have plenty of jailhouses to build now before it's too late...

Top Bottom