Brainstorm possible Civs'!

Would the Austro-Hungarian empire have Budapest or Vienna as the capital? tricky question.

I also suggest Transylvania. Leader - Vlad Dracul, aggressive expansive.

UU - vampire (replaces swordsman): can ONLY be killed by swordsmen built by civs with access to silver. But building him stops your city growth (like settlers/workers) due to the need to feed him.

UB - crypt: replaces temple. Allows construction of vampires, -1 city health.

OK this a weird suggestion...

How about an ape civ? Like in Planet of the Apes.
UU: Gorilla horseman (replaces cuirassier).
UB: ?
Starts with Hunting and Mysticism
Extra happiness from Banana with Plantation

Just a thought...

OK this a weird suggestion...

How about an ape civ? Like in Planet of the Apes.
UU: Gorilla horseman (replaces cuirassier).
UB: ?
Starts with Hunting and Mysticism
Extra happiness from Banana with Plantation

Just a thought...

Leader: Ape Lincoln, or Monkeyzuma.

Would the Austro-Hungarian empire have Budapest or Vienna as the capital? tricky question.

I also suggest Transylvania. Leader - Vlad Dracul, aggressive expansive.

UU - vampire (replaces swordsman): can ONLY be killed by swordsmen built by civs with access to silver. But building him stops your city growth (like settlers/workers) due to the need to feed him.

UB - crypt: replaces temple. Allows construction of vampires, -1 city health.

Vienna, obviously. Austria was the dominant partner.

And this is from another thread that I made before I knew this thread existed:

I would say that one should split the Arabian civilization, it should represent the Arab Caliphate (Umayyad, Abbasid, Rashidun), not the Arab world! Saladin as an Arabian leader is rediculous, he should be an Ayyubid or Islamic Egyptian (Misr?) leader, which would also givve a new civ. The leaders of Misr/Islamic Egypt could be Saladin, Qutuz, Baibars and/or Muhammad Ali. Other possible African civs are Aksum, Numidia/Berbers, Morocco/Moors, Kongo and Songhai.

To complete the Mesopotemian civilizations, I would add Assyria and Akkadia. Possibly some non-Persian Iranian civilizations, such as Parthia or the Medes/Media. Some more Turkic civs would be welcome, such as the Seljuqs, Ghaznavids, Timurids and Uighurs.

Maybe a North Asian nomadic civ, like Scythia or Xiongnu.

And now we got to Southern Asia/Indian Subcontinent. The Kushans, Magadha, Mughals, Satavahana, Pala, Vijayanagara, Chola, Sikhs, Hoysala, Delhi Sultanate and finally, the Deccan Sultanates are all valid choices. If I had to choose onlly a few, I would choose Magadha, Mughals and the Chola.

For Europe, I'd finish with Italy, Cumania/Golden Horde/Kipchak Khanate, Austria-Hungary or simply Austria and Francia/Frankia/Frankland.

McDonald's

Leader: Ronald McDonald (Charismatic, Financial)
UU: Regional Managers (replaces Corporate Executives, doesn't disband unit upon spreading corporations)
UB: Mickey D's (replaces Markets, +50% gold, can turn 2 citizens into merchants, can turn 2 citizens into artists, +1 happiness from fur, ivory, silk, whale, cow, wheat, spices, rice, dye, sugar, corn, -1 health for each citizen

Start with Agriculture and Hunting.

Sost reason was when some Yank at while I was in the Brisbane airport asked me out of the blue: "What is it like living without electricity".

:lol: You think that is bad, I heard that some Americans think we in Canada:

1- Do not have gas stations
2- Live in Igloos and drive around on snowmobiles

And a bunch of other stuff.

I would like to see this.

British Empire:

UU: Some sort of better naval ship.
UB: Same as the English or a bank that cuts corruption (So you can have a far flung empire)
Leaders:

William Pitt
Gladstone
Disreal
And Victoria if you want..

McDonald's

Leader: Ronald McDonald (Charismatic, Financial)
UU: Regional Managers (replaces Corporate Executives, doesn't disband unit upon spreading corporations)
UB: Mickey D's (replaces Markets, +50% gold, can turn 2 citizens into merchants, can turn 2 citizens into artists, +1 happiness from fur, ivory, silk, whale, cow, wheat, spices, rice, dye, sugar, corn, -1 health for each citizen

Start with Agriculture and Hunting.

What about Mayor McCheese?:confused:

Welcome to the Forums, Ryucross!:band: :rockon: :old:

YOU!!!

So you start by suggesting Steve Irwin as the PM of Australia, say something that doesn't make sense and then...

Okay, one more reason why I hate Americans' so much. The first reason was when some Yank at while I was in the Brisbane airport asked me out of the blue: "What is it like living without electricity". Afterwards I defenestrated that toss, now he never made it back to Idaho now did he... idiots.

Not all Americans are that naive. Don't forget, Texans can sympathize with you all too well... Every time our state is depicted anywhere it is shown to be full of a bunch of cowboys and desert.

Anyways, an Israel Mod is in the works so it would be neat if someone also put out a Judah mod. Combine them and use a few countries and then you can throw together a mod series about the history of the Middle East.

Y'know, we should have a Mesopotamian Civ for Sumerians, Hittites, Akkadians, Babylonians and Assyrians. They were quite alike and were conquered by the same people.
So..
Civ: Mesopotamia
Leaders: Gilgamesh, Hammurabi
UB: Irrigation Channels? (used by all to control Tigris/Euphrates floods)
UU: Mesopotamian Spearmen; replaces Spearmen; starts with Medic I, +2 experience if created in city with State Religion

Just a thought.

I would like to see an additional leader for the Japanese civilization. A civilization I would like to see is a second North American native based civilization. (Maybe from the New Mexico area?) I would like to have Dido available as a second ruler for Carthage and change their UU to a specialized War Elephant because, at least from a Western world view, that's what Hannibal was famous for using. (The civilization that currently has a specialized war elephant in BtS should get a different UU.)

For Rome Aeneas should become available to complement Dido. If giving him control of Rome is too much of a stretch, you could call him leader of "Hesperia". His UU would be a swordman, spearman or trireme of some sort. A potential capitol could be Troy, but he wasn't technically leader of the Trojans. I don't know, just some random brainstorms.

Both Babylon and Sumeria are separate Civs, and I don't mind that so much. If anything, I would rename the HRE "Austria" and add a Habsburg to rule them, like Charles V. Leave the Carthaginians alone, though--don't change their UU. The elephants were not nearly as effective in battle as Hannibal's light cavalry, and the most famous light cavalry of the day were the Numidians. For the Romans, I would suggest either a republican-era leader like Sulla or a late Imperial leader like Constantine, Trajan, or Hadrian. I'm going to ignore that "British Empire" civ...why do that? The British Empire is essentially England and her various possessions, not to mention all the leaders mentioned (except Pitt) are from the Victorian Era, already represented by Queen Victoria of England.

How about these stats for a Hittite Empire? I intentionally selected an unused trait combo and tried to pick a balanced set of abilities.

Hittites, Capital: Hattusa
Leader: Mursili I or II (Charismatic, Creative)
UU: Scythed Chariot (Chariot that causes collateral damage)
UB: ...

For the UB, I have a few ideas. One would be an enhanced forge, that provides +2 or +3 production with Iron, to reflect the Hittite use of the resource. Another would be some kind of early ground-based trading post (replacing Markets, maybe?), giving them +50% commerce from overland trade routes. The third idea is a barracks/stable that gives them +10% military unit production, another currently unused benefit for a UB.

Alright. The Hittites sound good. They were in CivIII, you know.

I do indeed know--I played Civ3 for years. I was hoping they would be added to Civ4, but my hopes were dashed as the "weird" Civs that Firaxis chose started showing up.

Does anybody else have a good name for a Hittite UB or an idea for a different one than those I posted above? If anything, I want to keep the bonuses different from existing UBs...we have far too many +2 happiness or +2 health UBs.

Potter's Workshop: Replaces Granary: +1:gold: per Flood Plain in City Radius.

How 'bout that, Antilogic?:cool:

Sounds a little more situational than I would prefer. But does that make sense given the civilization?

I initially preferred the bonus production with Iron because the Hittites were historically leaders in iron working. The trade route thing came from some article I read on them years ago...I can't remember the details now.

We could do something like the Sumerian UB, and give the Hittites a Forge available at Iron Working that is 20 hammers cheaper and gives +2 production with Iron. Pretty sweet building, if you ask me. And, since only the Sumerian UB has a changed tech prerequisite, I don't feel too bad about reusing that. So long as it isn't +2 happiness or +2 health.

Sounds a little more situational than I would prefer. But does that make sense given the civilization?

I initially preferred the bonus production with Iron because the Hittites were historically leaders in iron working. The trade route thing came from some article I read on them years ago...I can't remember the details now.

We could do something like the Sumerian UB, and give the Hittites a Forge available at Iron Working that is 20 hammers cheaper and gives +2 production with Iron. Pretty sweet building, if you ask me. And, since only the Sumerian UB has a changed tech prerequisite, I don't feel too bad about reusing that. So long as it isn't +2 happiness or +2 health.

I pretty sure that's why they haven't gotten in the Expansions yet. Sid and Soren just couldn't think of something. And, a forge sucks until a Recycling Plant is built. I am a possesed Anti-Pollution Crusader.

Top Bottom