3-Portugal
4-Zulu
5-Assyria
6-Ghana/Swahili
6-Thai
7-Morroco
8-Champa*
9-Majapahit**

First of all, you put two 6. Second thing, Thai and Siam are the same thing (though Civ V's Siam is clearly Sukhothai Kingdom), and lastly, Swahili is confirmrd not to be in BNW (Zanzibar and Mombasa are still CS)

Oh Simon Bolivar, will you return to lead your people once more? Will you build a civilization to stand the test of time?

~12 years later~

Wow. Guess not.

Why do people think "Gran Colombia" is a distinct entity from Colombia? Why do you treat it as a civilization that magically stopped existing after the country split? It was a separation, not a genocide.

I don't get why Bolivar gets so much precedence over other, more important factors to some people. Bolivar was a great general/liberator, but what else? Why does the fact that he created a bunch of unstable nations give him and Gran Colombia priority status? I'm sorry, I'm not questioning his importance, but I want people to think about what came of his accomplishments in the long run, because I did and I just don't understand why he's given such importance. I don't want anyone to explain it to me, because I've heard the arguments, but to me Bolivar is not worth the inclusion of a nothing civ at the expense of a more deserving one.

He's a real but semi-mythical figure, it's as if Hercules had really existed and was actually a leader of the Greek civilization.

Why do people think "Gran Colombia" is a distinct entity from Colombia? Why do you treat it as a civilization that magically stopped existing after the country split? It was a separation, not a genocide.

I never said any of that. I made the joke because most of the arguments center on Bolivar in particular and the leader intro would obviously recount the state that was basically the culmination of his life's work?

Damn so neither the interview or the 2k event revealed any hint at all for a new civ? They need to drop a C-bomb soon, speculation can only go so far. :)

My updated list:
1. Brazil
2. Zulu
3. Portugal
4. Assyria
5. Poland
6. Cherokee (I want the Sioux/Western, but this seems more likely)
7. Indonesia
8. Morocco
9. Venice

Damn so neither the interview or the 2k event revealed any hint at all for a new civ? They need to drop a C-bomb soon, speculation can only go so far. :)

Yeah pretty much. If you look at the speculation now it's really just cyclical stuff. A whole lotta grasping at straws, throwing darts in the sky, recycling the same theories using different words, etc. Lol, come to think of it even what I'm saying right now has been said too many times

He's a real but semi-mythical figure, it's as if Hercules had really existed and was actually a leader of the Greek civilization.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you for or against Colombia/Bolivar?

First of all, you put two 6. Second thing, Thai and Siam are the same thing (though Civ V's Siam is clearly Sukhothai Kingdom), and lastly, Swahili is confirmrd not to be in BNW (Zanzibar and Mombasa are still CS)

my mistake then, had little time for it.

How you know some civs are confirmed not to be in the game but then not know which civs are in?

And I though Siam were the same thing as Khmer and not Thai.

How you know some civs are confirmed not to be in the game but then not know which civs are in?

As he said, cities that would be prerequisites for their inclusion are instead found in-game as city-states (CS). On that note I'm never really a fan of any Swahili "empire" since it was at best a really loose agglomeration of trading city-states from what I know. Kilwa was certainly fascinating, though.

And I though Siam were the same thing as Khmer and not Thai.

Siam is clearly Thai or Thailand. It just got renamed in 1939. Khmer is not the same thing as Siam. The Khmer Empire is part of Cambodian history.

Can we please stop using the city states as arguments? This isn't a DLC, city states don't need to be replaced. And the new city states, even if they are replacing something, could be replacing any of the ones we have at the moment, which could mean anything:

Canada
Australia
Tibet
Phoenicia
Morocco
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
Ireland
Cahokians
Olmec
Philippines
Swahili
South Africa
Italy

Just because we haven't seen a city state from G&K / Vanilla doesn't mean it's been elevated to a civ, in any stretch of the imagination. I've got no idea what brought on the opinion that it does, but it's really starting to bug me.
not too sure about this, but is Switzeland even a city state in the game? if so, i have no memory of it whatsoever. anyways, i get it probably won't happen, but the Swiss could be a cool civ to play as, considering they would have some sort of GPT/trading bonus).

not too sure about this, but is Switzeland even a city state in the game? if so, i have no memory of it whatsoever. anyways, i get it probably won't happen, but the Swiss could be a cool civ to play as, considering they would have some sort of GPT/trading bonus).

Yes, it's not one but two city-states: Geneva and Zurich.

Holy crap dude. Don't bring up a post from 80 pages ago. no one wants to argues about it

Holy crap dude. Don't bring up a post from 80 pages ago. no one wants to argues about it
sorry, i clicked p.101 instead of last, i thought that was the most recent post.
EDIT: before i say anything about it, has there been a previous argument about UAE/Dubai?

Are we still trying to figure out the civs for the brave new world? Or is brave new world out already?
When they say brave new world I thought they were going to introduce civs from Americas, lol, but now I see they have civs like Assyria who's been at war for quite some time.

Is there anything against Colombia/Bolívar in what I said? I'm 100% pro-Bolívar.

I wasn't sure how to interpret "semi-mythical". Why do you think Bolivar and Colombia deserve inclusion? Please be specific, I'm genuinely curious.

I wasn't sure how to interpret "semi-mythical". Why do you think Bolivar and Colombia deserve inclusion? Please be specific, I'm genuinely curious.

Bolívar is Hercules and Gilgamesh, if they had actually existed. Bolívar is Attila, only his civilization still exists, and has a proper city-list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom