1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Art Grin, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

First of all, you put two 6. Second thing, Thai and Siam are the same thing (though Civ V's Siam is clearly Sukhothai Kingdom), and lastly, Swahili is confirmrd not to be in BNW (Zanzibar and Mombasa are still CS)

2. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Why do people think "Gran Colombia" is a distinct entity from Colombia? Why do you treat it as a civilization that magically stopped existing after the country split? It was a separation, not a genocide.

He's a real but semi-mythical figure, it's as if Hercules had really existed and was actually a leader of the Greek civilization.

3. Nujabes

Nujabes Prince

I never said any of that. I made the joke because most of the arguments center on Bolivar in particular and the leader intro would obviously recount the state that was basically the culmination of his life's work?

4. ImperialChaos

ImperialChaos President

Damn so neither the interview or the 2k event revealed any hint at all for a new civ? They need to drop a C-bomb soon, speculation can only go so far. :)

My updated list:
    1. Brazil
    2. Zulu
    3. Portugal
    4. Assyria
    5. Poland
    6. Cherokee (I want the Sioux/Western, but this seems more likely)
    7. Indonesia
    8. Morocco
    9. Venice

5. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Yeah pretty much. If you look at the speculation now it's really just cyclical stuff. A whole lotta grasping at straws, throwing darts in the sky, recycling the same theories using different words, etc. Lol, come to think of it even what I'm saying right now has been said too many times

6. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Haha! I agree with you seancolorado.

7. phaethon16

phaethon16 King

Wait, I'm confused. Are you for or against Colombia/Bolivar?

8. Luziadus

Luziadus Warlord

my mistake then, had little time for it.

How you know some civs are confirmed not to be in the game but then not know which civs are in?

And I though Siam were the same thing as Khmer and not Thai.

9. Nujabes

Nujabes Prince

As he said, cities that would be prerequisites for their inclusion are instead found in-game as city-states (CS). On that note I'm never really a fan of any Swahili "empire" since it was at best a really loose agglomeration of trading city-states from what I know. Kilwa was certainly fascinating, though.

10. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Siam is clearly Thai or Thailand. It just got renamed in 1939. Khmer is not the same thing as Siam. The Khmer Empire is part of Cambodian history.

11. king Oosterveld

king Oosterveld Chieftain

not too sure about this, but is Switzeland even a city state in the game? if so, i have no memory of it whatsoever. anyways, i get it probably won't happen, but the Swiss could be a cool civ to play as, considering they would have some sort of GPT/trading bonus).

12. Liex

Liex King

Yes, it's not one but two city-states: Geneva and Zurich.

13. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Holy crap dude. Don't bring up a post from 80 pages ago. no one wants to argues about it

14. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Is there anything against Colombia/Bolívar in what I said? I'm 100% pro-Bolívar.

15. king Oosterveld

king Oosterveld Chieftain

sorry, i clicked p.101 instead of last, i thought that was the most recent post.
    EDIT: before i say anything about it, has there been a previous argument about UAE/Dubai?

16. IkM

IkM King

Don't be sorry mate, it happens :)

anyway, I think Khazars will be in because there isn't any jewish factions in game.

17. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Are we still trying to figure out the civs for the brave new world? Or is brave new world out already?
    When they say brave new world I thought they were going to introduce civs from Americas, lol, but now I see they have civs like Assyria who's been at war for quite some time.

18. Liex

Liex King

19. phaethon16

phaethon16 King

I wasn't sure how to interpret "semi-mythical". Why do you think Bolivar and Colombia deserve inclusion? Please be specific, I'm genuinely curious.

20. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Prince

Bolívar is Hercules and Gilgamesh, if they had actually existed. Bolívar is Attila, only his civilization still exists, and has a proper city-list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.