Brave New World's New Civilizations - REVISED YET AGAIN!

Which TWO civilizations would you most like to see in BNW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be very surprised by last civ (after the european one) that is added...

Actually, I'm beginning to feel as though you're right. I'm expecting Venice, but the last one could be anything. The Sioux are still my favourites, but I think it's very possible that they'll suddenly come in with the Tuaregs or the Navajo or something, and that the alphabet theory will be a load of rubbish...

(Or maybe the Oman. I'd still really really like Oman :p or maybe even the Cherokee, which would make my day).

I'm with MrWho. I still do not find any logical though over this alphabetic theory.

The thought is that, since all other achievements are in alphabetical order by civilization, the gaps also are in alphabetical order by civilization. Otherwise, why not have them at the end? Why have everything in alphabetical order so far? Why is it that there were two sets of gaps, one between B and P and the other between P and Z? Why is it that, when civs starting with I and M appeared, they appeared in the two blank slots between B and P?

That's pretty logical, you'd have to admit. It's not just a random guess, it fits the pattern so far that every civ revealed fits in alphabetical order and that the blanks are also in alphabetical order. That means the remaining two civs are between p and z.

You can find it in this topic I think: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493655
(...)
These are some of the achievements:
Spoiler :
<name>
<![CDATA[ Tablet Tech Pioneer ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_01 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Ashurbanipal. ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ Pedro's Party People ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_02 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Pedro II. ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ The Java Script ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_03 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Gajah Mada. ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ This Desert Life ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_04 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[
Beat the game on any difficulty as Ahmad Al &#8217;Mansur.
]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ King of the Wisent ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_05 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Casimir. ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ In Hoc Signo Vinces ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_06 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Maria I. ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_30 ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_07 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_145_30 ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_145_31 ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_08 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_DESC_145_31 ]]>
</description>

<name>
<![CDATA[ Wanna Be the King of the Zulus ]]>
</name>
<apiname>
<![CDATA[ achievement_xp2_09 ]]>
</apiname>
<description>
<![CDATA[ Beat the game on any difficulty as Shaka. ]]>
</description>

In short:
Achievement about Assyria
Achievement about Brazil
Achievement about Indonesia
Achievement about Morocco
Achievement about Poland
Achievement about Portugal
Achievement about ???
Achievement about ???
Achievement about Zulu

As you can see there are two achievements missing between Portugal and the Zulu. That's why we think the remainging civs have names that start with a letter between the P and the Z.
Before there were also two civs missing between Brasil and Poland, which have been filled by Indonesia and Morocco.

But again, it's only a theory that they are in alphabetical order. Although a very plausible theory, it looks like they are in alphabetical order and Morocco and Indonesia have fitted nicely in this theory.

Ok that makes sense
1st - so the achievement is in the game. where did you find them out (the new achievement)?
2nd - for better organization it's correct to put alphabetical order. So between POR and ZU, will be likely the name of the 2 remaining civ's. ok this is logical.

Another question: Cause GRan Colombia is G, can it be Venezuela? or alread have been see Caracas as a CS?

Could the replacement of Venice be a possible Ruse?
Could it be an attempt to hide a European darkhose like Romania or Ukraine?
Because I hope this is the case, Venice is an appauling selection IMHO.

Not asking this to be sarcastic, but a genuine inquiry, but was Venice ever more than a citystate? If someone knows of a Venetian empire can you please share a brief history of them?

Not asking this to be sarcastic, but a genuine inquiry, but was Venice ever more than a citystate? If someone knows of a Venetian empire can you please share a brief history of them?

Jesus Christ, man. I know you're being earnest, but just Google Republic of Venice. This question gets asked every 5 minutes

STUFF ABOUT VENICE

In short, they held territories on the Adriatic and Ionian coasts and the Mediterranean islands of Cyprus, Crete and Rhodes. Anachronistically speaking, they've held roughly the same amount of territory as the Dutch (in Europe), so there is suitable precedent for a civ of this size.

ETA: Come on guys, be nice, sharing is fun! :smug:

This forum is brutal because people don't read threads and the stickied posts to see if their question has been answered, which it almost always has. I know not everyone has time to read through massive threads, but just doing a little bit of searching/Googling on one's own would make this forum so much more readable and enjoyable.

I apologize if I was rude, though. I don't mean to be salty, because that doesn't help the forum either.

I apologize if I was rude, though. I don't mean to be salty, because that doesn't help the forum either.

Entirely understandable, and no need to apologise, squire.

(Boring nice talk follows below: )
Spoiler :
Old Hands on forums (all forums!) are quite reasonably frustrated by these kind of posts from newer members, but the newer members won't hang around to become old hands if they're not given the space to earn their stripes. But of course, no one should be expected to be bastions of patience, especially when they've dealt with it over, and over again. Forums are for everyone

I would totally expect a Civ based on the region from what is today known as The Sudan, especially with that whole Race for Africa thing.

Voted Ukraine (super dark horses, blacker than the blackest black times infinity, FTW) and Sioux, but would absolutely love Ukraine and Vietnam. By the way, Vietnam needs to be on this 'ere pole.

Top Bottom