City-States Leaders for VP

CSL v15:
Code:
- added compatibility for new UCS City-States (Andorra, Canossa, Thimphu, Tintagel, Levuka);
- adjusted numerous old leader icons to better fit the frame;
- updated leader places, names and titles to be closer to historical realism;
- replaced Nairobi with Levuka; added Nairobi leader as an alternative choice for Mombasa;
- simplified SQL files.

Would it be possible to get the leader portraits to show up on the right hand side of the screen like the leaders do for the major civilizations? Early game especially, I can't keep track of which maritime CS I'm looking for.

Would it be possible to get the leader portraits to show up on the right hand side of the screen like the leaders do for the major civilizations? Early game especially, I can't keep track of which maritime CS I'm looking for.
Honestly, it would require me to edit some defult EUI stuff and I don't want this mod do that.

If you have problems with finding particular CS, I can only recommend you to use my Meaningful Colors modmod (link in my signature) that is fully dedicated for CSL and UCS. With it each of your CSs has different shade of color assigned to specific group of CS, so religious will have blue, grey or white colours, maritime - all shades of green and so on.
1662151958385.png

CSL v15:
Code:
- added compatibility for new UCS City-States (Andorra, Canossa, Thimphu, Tintagel, Levuka);
- adjusted numerous old leader icons to better fit the frame;
- updated leader places, names and titles to be closer to historical realism;
- replaced Nairobi with Levuka; added Nairobi leader as an alternative choice for Mombasa;
- simplified SQL files.

with CSL v15, the latest patch game won't show an option for Heavy Tribute

Check the v16. Focus on Heavy Tribute (Itested it and it worked out, but still might be some bugs) and Rome and it's new ability of forcing annexation. I hope this works as well. Enjoy.

Check the v16. Focus on Heavy Tribute (Itested it and it worked out, but still might be some bugs) and Rome and it's new ability of forcing annexation. I hope this works as well. Enjoy.
awesome thank you bro

v17 with important VP UI additions.

Last edited:
v18 introducing multiple changes for upcoming UCS v13. New leaders for new CSs, new leaders for existing CSs, few leader changes and some cosmetic fixes. Enjoy!
Code:
- deleted CSL-Civilization.sql file; now custom civilizations are on their own; too much work with keeping each civ up to date;
- added code for 8 new Religious CSs from UCS and set art for them;
- added new art:
    - new main icons for base CS (previous main icons still available as alternative):
        - Brussels (Janboruta), leader change: Leopold II -> Albert I;
        - Kathmandu (DarthKyofu);
        - Malacca (DarthKyofu);
        - Panama (DuskJockey and DarthKyofu), leader change: Victoriano Lorenzo -> Manuel Amador;
        - Ragusa (DMS), leader change: Auguste de Marmont -> Nicolo Vito di Gozze;
        - Surrey (now Brooklands) (Janboruta), leader change: Aethelwulf -> King George V;
        - Vilnius (Janboruta);
        - Yerevan (DarthKyofu).
    - new alternative icons for:
        - Almaty (DuskJockey), leader change: Janybek Khan -> Ablai Khan;
        - Antananarivo (DMS);
        - Belgrade (Janboruta), leader change: Karadorde Petrovic -> Peter I;
        - Hanoi (LastSword);
        - Kabul (Janboruta);
        - La Venta (Janboruta);
        - Melbourne (DarthKyofu), leader change: John Batman -> Billy Hughes, the Colony of New South Wales -> the Commonwealth of Australia;
        - Mombasa (DMS);
        - Mogadishu (TopHatPaladin), leader change: Aden Adde -> Siad Barre.
        - Vancouver (TPangolin);
        - Wellington (Janboruta).
    - updated Leluh leader icon (TopHatPaladin);
- revamped art folders;
- fixed broken button animation;
- slightly tweaked Mbanza Kongo leader;
- corrected few art alignment;

Last edited:
The Contender line can show Civ icons of civs you haven't met yet. Is this an oversight?

Attachments

• 1690837491383.png
    1690837491383.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 21
The Contender line can show Civ icons of civs you haven't met yet. Is this an oversight?
It shouldn't. It should show the question mark icon. Are you sure you haven't met? If so, I will look at the code tomorrow.

I met them some turns later, so it seems like a bug.
You are right. I checked the code. Only when there was no contender the icon was different. I will try to fix that for the next version. Thanks for catching this.

Last edited:
2023-08-01_13h32_00.png

v19 is on to make a compatibility with UCS v14. As an addition, small QoL fix to popup window (no more spoilers):

Code:
- added code for few new leaders from UCS v14;
- prepared stuff for UCS v15;
- contenders are now hidden in the CS window, if player has not met them before (thanks @Chinag);

Pre v20 fix for VP 3.8.
I couldn't release v20, because I have there stuff prepared for new UCS version, and until I finish it it is not playable without. Unfortunately latest VP releases delayed much the UCS progress, as I have to fix all other mods that broke.
Just substitute the files inside CSL.

Do you think anything could be added to the window? Anything crucial is missing there?

Attachments

• CityStateDiploPopup.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 36
Pre v20 fix #2 for VP 3.8.4.
Another fix, with some QoL changes done in the meantime.
Not savegame compatible.

Attachments

• CSL pre v20 fix #2 for VP 3.8.4.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
v20 is on fixing stuff for VP 3.10.1 and adding new features for UCS v15:
Code:
- added code for few new leaders from UCS v15;
- City-State screen:   
    - "refreshed" CityStateDiploPopup.lua file (read "made all changes from scratch on fresh file");
    - added couple of text tags for localizations;
    - fixed alignment of some icons and texts;
    - revised colours for traits and personalities;
    - resources tab rework:
        - now shows also bonus resources by default (you can disable that);
        - all resources are sorted by the class, amount and name (in this order);
        - resources now separated with space, instead of comma;
        - recoloured resource classes;
        - now all cities are taken into account (was only capital);
    - new stuff:
        - added jerk info (in QUESTS label) with a tooltip, so you know you are a JERK;
        - added info about current anchor (red if lower than 0, green if greater than 0);
        - leader short stories hidden in tooltip (if detected);
- replaced leaders with new art:
    - Cahokia: Birdman --> Tuskaloosa;
    - Mogadishu: Aden Adde --> Abu Bakr ibn Umar;
    - Nan Madol: Olosohpa --> Isokelekel;
- added multiple short stories for leaders (they will be added step by step, because it's ton of text to revise);

v21 with addition of Enigmatic City-States. Sorry for the delay. I totally forgot about this because of the recent events.
Code:
- added missing Irrational (Enigmatic) personality with new texts;
- changed a bit colouring of traits and personalities so they do not fade into background;

v21.1 with small SoI fix. Savegame compatible.
Code:
- fixd SoI icon if non active player is the SoI owner;

Top Bottom