1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Britain not being ripped off for once?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Mozzington, May 19, 2012.

1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

To build on what Xen said, I'm guessing it's to cover all the shipping costs that must be involved in allowing me to download a digital product. :p

2. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I see, remind me not to move to Oz, it is expensive enough where I live. :lol:

Bunch of crooks down there. Shipping costs for a digital download. That's like charging a man for a muffler bearing for his car. :lol: Leave it to a dumb American to not realize Oz is Australia, which I did not know until a moment ago. :blush:

3. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

Bloody yanks! ;)

4. Radu_Magus

Radu_Magus Warlord

Ha, you should check the price of games in Brazil. Then you'll see what's like to be ripped off.

5. TM Moot

TM Moot King

Boom, just ordered it for £12.99. Good shout OP :thumbsup:

Was surprised that it is available on DVD, i thought it would be only via Steam :confused:

6. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

If I get a chance, I'll find the link again. Let's just say it's not one reason, but a perfect storm of things, iirc. Shipping costs actually would be defensible. If it still cost brick and mortar stores more, they might demand an increase for Steam (or Steam might see an opportunity to make more money by charging the same price as those stores). But I think it's more complex than that.

7. glaivemaster

glaivemaster Prince

Got that right :p

Thanks for the tip OP. Although it is going to bug me having a digital copy of the main game and a physical copy of the expansion.

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

With me it will be the other way around. Later on I'll by the GnK disc though perhaps during an xmas sale or something.

9. duxup

duxup Prince

Amen to that. I know a few dudes down there. You'd think it was still a prison and they were being punished.

The prices are so high I gotta wonder if they'd see more sales if they'd just lower the prices for them already.

10. Corm

Corm Prince

Lemme think Aussie prices with their weather and lifestyle or British prices and our weather and lifestyle? I know what I would choose, I like my BBQ's. The high prices are the rest of the worlds jealousy being heaped upon you Aussies. :lol:

There are many reasons for the variance in prices not least of which are taxes like VAT which is tradionally even at the most recent increase to 20% lower in the UK than the majority of the EU.

11. duxup

duxup Prince

12. Roltel

Roltel Chieftain

Well, JB HiFi now has it for $49.95 for pre-order in Oz.