[BtS]40 civs-allows colonies AND 34 civs

A colony is also just a normal civ, but with a special relation to the master. Nothing else, besides the appearance in the middle of the game, is special.

Edit: It seems my memory is indeed in error--when I generated a new map the script included 0-39 slots. However, I was right about something else--judging by Bob's readme and other threads, it is not a good idea to start with more than 34 slots filled. Some even say to start with no more than 32.

Fortunately, this leads me to propose a new solution that isn't too far off from what I said in the first place. For those of you who are getting Instant Defeat, do not put starting coordinates in empty slots. My test .wbs proceeds without them.

I then deleted the last six empty slots, 33-39, so the .wbs only supported 34 players. The test map still loaded successfully under the 40-civ .dll, and I was able to play. This may be an alternative solution--and is also what I had done with my earlier maps. That's what got tangled in my mind. I confused what I had done with what the mod can do. This teaches me to confirm before I speak.

It may be that without those six extra slots specified in the .wbs that colonies cannot be added if the max of 34 civilizations is chosen at start. But if the .dll accomodates 40 civ slots, then it is possible that creating a colony in-game will add a slot, up to the hard max of 40. This will take me a while to figure out, since I haven't tried to run this many civs on my upgraded computer.

A Great lep but still needs work but it has big potential

The XXL world mod has a starting of 34 civs with 50 set as max... maybe take a look at what nevermind did to see what needs fixed?

Hey Lt. Bob,
I have a question. I desperately want to play this mod, but I'm having a problem that some other people seemed to be having. I load the mod, it has the little title in the upper left corner. But I can only get 18 slots to show up in a custom game (or any game for that matter).

I've been trying to follow all the advice you've given other people about this problem, but nothing seems to work. I replaced the dll file in my normal BtS folder. I put it in my custom assets folder. I even (as an experiment) removed all dll files from any Civ related folder and the game still worked. So I don't really know what to file to replace with yours.

I'm running 3.17 on a Mac if that means anything at all. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I'm running 3.17 on a Mac if that means anything at all.

Yes, it means, that you can't use this mod.
.dll is a microsoft file format, and the functionality is not supported by the Mac OS.
No way to get it work under OS X.

I've made the Earth18 scenario compatible with this mod by adding entries for 40 civs, and I can get the map to load ok and everything, but I'm still having some issues.

Immediately upon loading the custom scenario I get the "You have been defeated" message...QUOTE]

I'm having the exact same problem! I've tried to do this with the 1000AD scenario, but whatever i do, I always end up defeated.

After more experimentation, I encountered the same problem, which hadn't happened to me before. It seems that when importing a scenario map made outside of the mod, all civs are instantly wiped upon loading. Fortunately, I found a solution.

Unfortunately, it involves deleting all civs in the .wbs and setting "random start location" for all teams to "true". This means 0-39 player blocks filled in with "NONE". (A fast way to do this is to simply load the mod, start a new game with only a few civs, save it in world builder, then copy all of the empty team and player blocks into your custom file). Then load the .wbs as either a scenario or a custom scenario and pick your civs. Voila! The map should now load without defeat. Except, of course, you have to hunt down all of the civs scattered about and relocate them in the worldbuilder. Once this is done, you should be able to safely go back into the .wbs file and manually chance the start location coordinates, and it will load.

i need some kind of scroll tool. there are too many names of the other leaders on the right side of my screen. i am sure there is a tool, could someone point me to it, please.

I tried that mod once. But doesn't work for me.

The problem is exactly in that DLL file, that's why game crushes when I load the mod.

Any help, please?

I can get the mod to work on any custom game but it crashes why i try to play on a custom scenario map, how can i get it to work on scenario maps

I can get the mod to work on any custom game but it crashes why i try to play on a custom scenario map, how can i get it to work on scenario maps

welcome to the CivFanatics:band:

you had to do some work in the scenario (=worldbuilder) file (with an editor like Notepad++). start a custom game and copy the team-entrys and the player-entrys from 0 to 39, however you want

Code:
BeginTeam
	TeamID=39
	ContactWithTeam=39
	RevealMap=0
EndTeam

Code:
BeginPlayer
	Team=39
	LeaderType=NONE
	CivType=NONE
	Color=NONE
	ArtStyle=NONE
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

im a total noob i have no idea what you are talking about

Then i suggest the video-tutorial in my signatur (Great work). begin with some xml-work, so you could see how you are able to edit the wb(worldbuilder)-file. i promise, it is not difficult. After that search for a mod with more than 18 civs and take a look at the wb-file.

Say, every time I try to load a map, the game crashes. What do I do?

Say, every time I try to load a map, the game crashes. What do I do?

Then you should make the map compatible ;).

If you look at a map with a texteditor, you can see the slots for all the 18 civs (0 - 17, teams and player entries), even if they are not used.
To get the map working with this mod, you have to add entries until #39.

I still can't get this to work. I entered the slots for the teams like you said here:

If you look at a map with a texteditor, you can see the slots for all the 18 civs (0 - 17, teams and player entries), even if they are not used.
To get the map working with this mod, you have to add entries until #39.

I get the first 18 teams just fine. But where are the others? What am i doing wrong?

I'm trying to modify the 18 civs Earth Map that came with BtS.

Top Bottom