[BTS] and [BTS] Larger City Radius and Open Borders Tech Trading

having larger city radius is a nice idea.

tried the bts version on the first post. at least for me, it crashed when i tried to build my first city. i did empty the game cache before loading mod. tried the mod in both the my doc's mod folder and the c: program files mod folder. just thought i'd let you know it doesn't seem to work for me.

thanks for your time and effort

That's weird, I played a full game with no problems. Are you using a special version of Civ4 (complete, gold, whatever it's called), are you playing in Medieval age or later (there was an earlier problem with lighthouses I couldn't reproduce)? Anything else you can offer to help me pinpoint the problem?

I just updated this mod. It should correct problems with forests giving too big of a health boost and unit AI not respecting the city's workable radius.

you didn't include the spanish translation I posted on page 3 :cry:

i have civ4 gold plus bts. updated to 3.13.

ancient era, huge pangea map, default number of players 11, starting as asoka, india

i have civ4 gold plus bts. updated to 3.13.

ancient era, huge pangea map, default number of players 11, starting as asoka, india

I tried this, no problems. Did it in the modern era with a different civ. Tried it again with Asoka in ancient era. Tried once more after regenerating the map. How much RAM does your computer have? Do you know if the mod directory structure is different for the gold version (One of the editions, Gold or Complete, need something special to install mods because of how the directories work).

4g ram - intel e6400cpu - ati 1950pro 512M - vista home premium

don't think gold needs anything special for mods. i have a few other mods that work ok.

if it works for you, then i guess the problem is on my end. thanks for trying to troubleshoot the problem i had. sorry.

Yeah I CTD as well.

Vanilla Civ4, Warlords, and BTS all individual, no Gold or whatever version. 3.13 BTS.

I did some tests and the computer can do all of the city building they want, in the worldbuilder I can modify the culture of their cities, but the second I put one down, even on of theirs the game crashes. Not sure if this helps.

got it to work sunday.

my computer stopped working saturday. think its the MB. anyway i borrowed another machine and installed civ4 gold, then BTS. downloaded the 3.13 patch from here http://www.firaxis.com/games/game_detail.php?gameid=16&showcon=2 and installed it. then put in bhruic's dll. the game worked ok and just for the heck of it i stuck this mod back in. it worked. did not crash when i built my first city.

did the same thing on my nephew's computer and the city radius mod worked on that also

the difference between the installations is that on my computer, the original one that the mod crashed when building the first city, i had also installed the 3.03 patch prior to the release of 3.13. the two computers that the mod worked properly on never saw the 3.03 patch.

in the modpack forum i had seen some mention of uninstalling civ4 completely, manually deleting any folders left behind, then reinstalling and only installing 3.13 to get rid of various problems blamed on the 3.03 patch. till now never gave credence to that advice. guess i was wrong not to :)

Elucidus, by any chance did you install the 3.03 patch prior to 3.13 coming out?

noticed a small bug from the city screen. in the build choices the description when you mouse over a building is incomplete in ECR. it doesn't show the culture or espionage gain from the building. if the picture shows up you can see what i mean comparing regular civ4 (def) and ECR mod city screen infos

Unfortunately no I did not install 3.03. In fact I had just installed BTS again as I had to rebuild my computer. I will try a few things related to this and see if I come up with anything.

Thanks for looking into it.

well, i just realized i hadn't mentioned that the machines that it worked for me on had XP home as their OS.

got my replacement MB and installed XP on a drive and the mod worked. installed civ4 and BTS as i mentioned above. took that drive out and installed Vista home premium on a different drive and now, at least for me, the mod crashes again when a settler starts a city. the save game i had off the xp drive will load on the drive with vista and BTS, but it crashes if a settler builds a city.

i've had two drives one with XP home and one with vista home all along. swap them around as the spirit moves me. before my MB went, the mod wouldn't work for me on either installation. after i borrowed that machine(with XP) and it worked i was hoping i'd be good to go.

sorry to report my problem.
thanks for your time and effort anyway

My only guess is that there is something happening (that only happens for players) involving the larger city radius when a city gets built. But, I have no idea what is happening during the initcity function that only happens for players and uses the maximum radius as opposed to the regular radius.

well,
i compared some files of the sdk to the vanilla bts 3/13,
and i saw, besdies the parts you added "mylon mega mod", many lines different from the original,
something in the cvcity.cpp if i remmber it.

for now i only added the parts you noted, and the code seems to work fine,
i tested throught the world builder,
added manually some more culture points and saw the size grow from 1 to 4.

so, im not sure why but your code isnt 100% identical to 3.13, as i wrote, besides the noted parts.

well ill soon release my mod and see what happens, so far it works i think.

perhaps you can help me some mylon,

there are two files:
civ4globaldefines.xml
and
civ4globaldefinesalt.xml

if they are bothe present in the mod, only one files applies? the "alt" overwrits the globaldefines.xml?
or both of their data is used simoultainsly?

i love this mod,
not sure how come i didnt use it from the start.

thanks for any help you may give.

edit:
heres an example from cvcity.cpp:
this is what you have in your sdk:
int varNumPlots = getNumPlots();
for (iI = 0; iI < varNumPlots; iI++)

and this is what the vanilla bts 3/13 shows in comparison:
for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_CITY_PLOTS; iI++)

im uncertain - i may have compared it to the unofficial patch,
but still,
are those line have any special signifficanse? cause they go through the entire cvcity.cpp.

Top Bottom