• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Diversica

I am not sure that 0.90 and 0.95 are identical. In any case, I had a fix for 0.90, the path was changed to

Code:
<NIF>Art/Custom/Units/Egypt/Horseman_Egypt/HorseArcher_Egyptian.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Custom/Units/Egypt/Horseman_Egypt/HorseArcher_Egyptian.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Custom/Units/Egypt/Horseman_Egypt/HorseArcher_Egyptian_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>

that or 0.95 should work ;)

I dont know if it didnt download right or what but the resource buttons are missing. i checked the file path which is Art/Custom/Interface/Buttons/Resources but there is no resources folder under buttons.

Mixing versions again ? ;)

The path actually is Art/Custom/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/, which does exist.

Mixing versions again ? ;)

The path actually is Art/Custom/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/, which does exist.

whoops your right i ment Worldbuilder for resources, but anyway i still dont see that file path as there is no art folder and there where still no resourse buttons. i went ahead and put mine own. oh and the sugar resourse reads Art/Interface/Buttons/Worldbuilder.

oh and everything in the modules folder is 100% .95 diversica. now everything in the other folders is all my stuff ;)

whoops your right i ment Worldbuilder for resources, but anyway i still dont see that file path as there is no art folder and there where still no resourse buttons.

the resources are in the FPKs, the resource buttons actually are in the res/Fonts dir (the font files)

i went ahead and put mine own. oh and the sugar resourse reads Art/Interface/Buttons/Worldbuilder.

Because it is a regular civ resource (from a standard mod)

Mamba, I wanted to ask a question about some minor changes in the mod on my computer only. I wanted to replace a unit with another, that already exists in the mod. I asked similar question about the Wolfshanze mod in his forum. He explained that I can change units art style in the Assets/XML/Civilizations folder. I was gonna try it first in Diversica (I already have the mod installed), but when I opened those folders, I only found Assets/XML ... but there were no Civilizations folder. Basically I just wanted to replace generic early jet for the Russians into Mig-21 that you are using for Ethiopians and Mali civilizations. Could you please help me. Thanks!

Well, the Mig-21 does not really fall into the early jet category and Russia already has an early jet which is not generic (Mig-15).

If you want to change it anyway, here is how you do it :

- open Assets\Modules\Civilizations\Russia\Russia_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
- search for ART_DEF_UNIT_EARLY_JET_FIGHTER_MIG15_RUS
- replace it with ART_DEF_UNIT_JET_FIGHTER_MIG21

Thanks a million, I'll try that!
Now, if I find some other unit on this forum that I want to add to Diversica, is it pretty much the same proceedure?

No, that only works since I already have a Mig-21 in the mod.

All I do in the above description is reference that (already existing) art definition. If you wanted to add a unit which is not already included, you would need to add the art files and create its art definition, once you have done so yes, the same steps are used to add it to a civ.

Most art definitions are in (surprise) Assets\Modules\UnitArtDefs. Take a look there to see what they look like. Adding the art files is rather easy, you create a dir under Assets/Art and place the files there, you then reference those files in the art definition.

WOW, now this new file folder selections are way too confusing, NO OFFENSE. Heck it takes at least seven folders to look at just one unit? I like THE work, but not TO work. Again i like what you have, i always use what you do in my stuff, but this time its just to much to go thru, just my opinion, ok. Like i said, i like THE work.

It's only two more than before ;) and I don't think counting Assets\Art\Custom\Units\ as subdirs is fair, they all are at that level and even the standard ones are at that level (except for the 'Custom' dir). So it's not like you have to move across 7 dirs all the time, you move across 4 of them only once.

Besides, how I arrange the art files does not matter at all to players of this mod.

It's only two more than before ;) and I don't think counting Assets\Art\Custom\Units\ as subdirs is fair, they all are at that level and even the standard ones are at that level (except for the 'Custom' dir). So it's not like you have to move across 7 dirs all the time, you move across 4 of them only once.

Besides, how I arrange the art files does not matter at all to players of this mod.

See you took it personal, and it was not intended to be that way, thats why i wrote No Offense. You are right i work mainly with folders and files and not playing the game, good point, LOL:p Have a nice day.

See you took it personal, and it was not intended to be that way, thats why i wrote No Offense. You are right i work mainly with folders and files and not playing the game, good point, LOL:p Have a nice day.

I neither took it personal, nor was I offended by it. I just stated that it is two folders more than it was before and that players would not care either way.

I actually like the new structure (otherwise I would not have gone with it), yes it takes some getting used to, but it is just organized to a higher degree. Before it was organized by civ only, now it also is by era and realm (air, land, water). Other than that there is no change.

I agree, if you want to compare the previous version with the current one on a unit by unit basis, it will be difficult (due to the restructuring), but that imo is about the only downside.

This was probably covered already but I can't find anything about it:
Around after discovering Radio my game became very slow, after I press "end turn" it takes about 3-5 minutes to resume. What can I do to fix this, any ideas?

Top Bottom