• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[BtS] Diversica

I also noted that hotseat is not using the civ specific unit art, so I believe this is an issue with the WoC dll not supporting hotseat (or maybe even MP in general).

I also noted that hotseat is not using the civ specific unit art, so I believe this is an issue with the WoC dll not supporting hotseat (or maybe even MP in general).

I once started a MP game (pitboss) with the Ethnic Citystyles mod. It worked then.

I once started a MP game (pitboss) with the Ethnic Citystyles mod. It worked then.

My comment was not about the city art but about the unit art. In any case, I believe this is due to the WoC breakown and dll, not to standard modular xml (and standard dll).

So I might have to go back to doing a regular 'xml only' version and a WoC version again.

Wish I could avoid that as WoC has advantages, the regular xml version does not allow for submodules even in modular xml as some stuff simply is not modular (techs, promotions...). Otoh not having MP support sucks too, so either option right now has downsides, just different ones.

Going back to xml is currently not a big effort though, I only have to get my new promotions in non-modular format (and there are some issues with them right now anyway, which should not exist in modular form and need to be fixed in the dll imo).

In single player, it says the same XML error things, but then says FATAL_ERROR
Memory allocation failure - exiting program.
Reason:bad allocation

And then exits the program. This didn't happen the first time I played it with the patch, when I checked all the city styles, like Japan, Mesoamerica, Native America, Polynesia etc. I tried uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it without the civs, and it didn't work.

About the leader thing, I just assumed it had all of them, as I saw Siam, Hungary etc. I guess I won't play hotseat then, but like I said in the post I quoted above, it also happens in single player.

About the leader thing, I just assumed it had all of them, as I saw Siam, Hungary etc. I guess I won't play hotseat then, but like I said in the post I quoted above, it also happens in single player.

Strange, I get no popups in single player, ony in hotseat.

My single player log also shows the DiplomacyInfos are being loaded correctly.

Spoiler :
Code:
[19367.148] Loading XML file modules\Civilizations\Hungary\Hungary_SaintStephen\Hungary_Stephen_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[19367.213] Load XML file modules\Civilizations\Hungary\Hungary_SaintStephen\Hungary_Stephen_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[19367.213] SetDiplomacyInfo (Civ4DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfo)
[19367.213] Loading XML file modules\Civilizations\Iroquois\Iroquois_Deganawida\Iroquois_Deganawida_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[19367.273] Load XML file modules\Civilizations\Iroquois\Iroquois_Deganawida\Iroquois_Deganawida_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[19367.273] SetDiplomacyInfo (Civ4DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfo)
[19367.273] Loading XML file modules\Civilizations\Israel\Israel_BenGurion\Israel_BenGurion_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[19367.367] Load XML file modules\Civilizations\Israel\Israel_BenGurion\Israel_BenGurion_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[19367.367] SetDiplomacyInfo (Civ4DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfos/DiplomacyInfo)
[19367.383] Loading XML file modules\Civilizations\Israel\Israel_David\Israel_David_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
[19367.461] Load XML file modules\Civilizations\Israel\Israel_David\Israel_David_CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml SUCCEEDED

Version 1.70 released.

I grew tired of waiting for Snafu's tanks, here is to hoping that now that I released my mod, they will pop up soon :)

Hi everyone - hoping someone can help me :) My wife and I usually play a lot of Civ 4 hotseat on our christmas vacation. Last year I modded a version of EDU (I think it was EDU) to our liking - unfortunately it was lost in a HD crash, and I have been unable to find EDU again. Diversica however has exactly what I am looking for, except it comes with a lot of gameplay changes.

What I am trying to do is to turn off all the gameplay changes - but I keep mucking it up.

I only installed the basic diversica in the installer and I have been trying to go through globaldefinesAlt and removing things - and I have tried removing modules - some worked, some didn't. I tried turning things off in-game but some things remain like units being able to bombard and naval sentry. Long story short - after my tinkerings the mod either fails to load or I break basic things (like being able to change what is being built in a city ...).

So please - help me save christmas :) Does anyone know if there is a way to remove everything except the graphics changes from this mod?

Hi everyone - hoping someone can help me :) My wife and I usually play a lot of Civ 4 hotseat on our christmas vacation. Last year I modded a version of EDU (I think it was EDU) to our liking - unfortunately it was lost in a HD crash, and I have been unable to find EDU again. Diversica however has exactly what I am looking for, except it comes with a lot of gameplay changes.

What I am trying to do is to turn off all the gameplay changes - but I keep mucking it up.

I only installed the basic diversica in the installer and I have been trying to go through globaldefinesAlt and removing things - and I have tried removing modules - some worked, some didn't. I tried turning things off in-game but some things remain like units being able to bombard and naval sentry. Long story short - after my tinkerings the mod either fails to load or I break basic things (like being able to change what is being built in a city ...).

So please - help me save christmas :) Does anyone know if there is a way to remove everything except the graphics changes from this mod?

Don't change the xml, the features can easily be disabled.

In the Revolution.ini, search for "Enable = True" and replace it with "Enable = False", that should disable some options.

A few need to be disabled in-game and cannot be disabled that way however. To disable them, start a Custom Game and scroll to the end of the options. There are 4 options checked there (RevolutionMod, BarbarianCiv Mod, TechDiffusion Mod, DynamicCivNames Mod), disable them.

Then you should have very close to a regular game again. What is left are the interface changes from the BUG mod, but those are not game-changing.

When you have started a game, you can disable those by pressing ctrl+alt+O.

Check the BUG and RevolutionDCM forums on how to disable their features if there is still some stuff left you want to get rid of after this. All features are part of these two mods, my contribution is only the xml.

The only thing which is somewhat than graphical changes in the base mod is some additional resources. If you also want to get rid of those, just delete the Assets/Modules/Resources directory (or disable it in the Assets/Modules/MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml, since you are comfortable with editing files ;) )

Thanks for the help :) It seems I got everything working as I want it now. I had to edit the Rev XMLs to get rid of ranged bombard - not sure it was the right aproach, but I think its gone. For now it seems Christmas is going to be just fine :)

I spoke too soon - everything works perfectly in single player - but in Hotseat mode I get a couple of BUG messages and everything goes haywire. Shame - guess stock BTS will have to do :)

from the civilopedia, the mod looks great! good job, one of the best mods evar!:goodjob: but i havent been able to play it..last night i tried to play as America and i auto died, with a message saying RevolutionDCM was not installed(even though i obviously did install it..)...also when i launched it it said behemoth_tank is in the wrong xml file or something like that...(i can still go to the main menu and look at the civilopedia though)

Also, am i the only one who thinks the Incan flag is politically incorrect?:confused: is there anyway to change it to something that is from another mod? i also wanna change the english flag to the Union Jack(again, from another mod)..and i wanna add in a leaderhead from another mod..can anyone tell me how to make these small changes and how to get it running? Sorry but i'm borderline ******ed when it comes to stuff like this:sad:

from the civilopedia, the mod looks great! good job, one of the best mods evar!:goodjob: but i havent been able to play it..

glad you like it even though you did not yet manage to play it :)

last night i tried to play as America and i auto died, with a message saying RevolutionDCM was not installed(even though i obviously did install it..)...also when i launched it it said behemoth_tank is in the wrong xml file or something like that...(i can still go to the main menu and look at the civilopedia though)

when you say you auto died, what exactly do you mean ? Did the game crash ?
RevDCM is included as part of this mod, so it does not matter whether you have a separate install of it.

No idea why you get these error messages, I do not get any myself. You did install into the BtS\Mods dir, right ? Which optional packages did you install ?

Also, am i the only one who thinks the Incan flag is politically incorrect?:confused:

It is the incan rainbow flag, so it is not that incorrect :)

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag#Gallery_of_rainbow_flags

Spoiler :

If you want to use another flag, change the flag in Assets\Modules\Flags\Inca\Inca_CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml

e.g. to Btn_Inca_Peru.dds and Flag_Inca_Peru.dds respectively (button and flag)

is there anyway to change it to something that is from another mod? i also wanna change the english flag to the Union Jack(again, from another mod)..

similar routine, change the flag in Assets\Modules\Flags\England\England_CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml

to Btn_England_UnitedKingdom.dds and Flag_England_UnitedKingdom.dds respectively

Yes, those flags are already included, I just am not using them by default :) (so you do not need to copy over any art for those)

and i wanna add in a leaderhead from another mod..can anyone tell me how to make these small changes and how to get it running? Sorry but i'm borderline ******ed when it comes to stuff like this:sad:

For the additional leaderhead, you have to copy over the art of the leaderhead (e.g. to
Assets\Art\Leaderheads) and create the appropriate xml files. Look at any example in Assets\Modules\Leaderheads to see what you need to do to add a leaderhead.

Note, that in order to get your LH xml loaded, you have to include the dir you stored it in in the MLF load files (the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml file of the dir which includes your LH-xml-dir)

wow thanks man!

and no it didnt crash..it loaded and then a bunch of messages saying RevolutionDCM is not installed came up on the part of the screen where the events usualy are, and it says the usual"you have died" and "end of history" after that i uninstalled, and am installing it again now , in hopes that its just a corrupted file
i installed all the packages except the next war mod and yeah i did download into the mods folder

ah yes, i knew the flag was like that(in squares), but ive never seen it before in stripes, like the one in your mod..still thanx for clearing it up

wow thanks man!

and no it didnt crash..it loaded and then a bunch of messages saying RevolutionDCM is not installed came up on the part of the screen where the events usualy are, and it says the usual"you have died" and "end of history" after that i uninstalled, and am installing it again now , in hopes that its just a corrupted file

strange

i installed all the packages except the next war mod and yeah i did download into the mods folder

Ah, if you installed the future units but not the Next War units, you might get errors like that missing behemoth tank. The Future Units module should state that it requires the Next War module (as some of its units use NW techs etc.)

ah yes, i knew the flag was like that(in squares), but ive never seen it before in stripes, like the one in your mod..still thanx for clearing it up

well if you prefer the 'checkerboard' version, change the incan flag to Btn_Inca_Wiphala.dds and Flag_Inca_Wiphala.dds :)

thanks again. i'll let you know if things go well once i finish installing it again.
would it help if i were to post a screenshot? i really want to play your mod, it looks great

thanks again. i'll let you know if things go well once i finish installing it again.
would it help if i were to post a screenshot? i really want to play your mod, it looks great

Did you load a scenario (Carter's Earth map) when you died right away ? or did you start a new custom game ? I have some issues with the Carter maps in this release (will fix them soon, have them fixed here actually).

If you still have problems, a screenshot of your 'install dir' could be helpful, i.e. the path you installed under and the dir structure underneath the mods Assets dir

Did you load a scenario (Carter's Earth map) when you died right away ? or did you start a new custom game ? I have some issues with the Carter maps in this release (will fix them soon, have them fixed here actually).

If you still have problems, a screenshot of your 'install dir' could be helpful, i.e. the path yu installed under and the dir structure underneath the mods Assets dir

actually i did load up the carters earth map 34civ...i just cant fully enjoy civ if im not playing on an earth map =/

actually i did load up the carters earth map 34civ...i just cant fully enjoy civ if im not playing on an earth map =/

Good, then this at least explains your problem :)

For now, only the random Carter map works CarterEarth(Random##WoC), the one with predefined locations CarterEarth(##WoC) does not.

I will soon upload a fix for that (and some other, more minor issues).

Spoiler :
Actually you can easily fix that yourself if you do not want to wait. Open the map in a text editor and replace every occurrence of "UnitOwner=36" with "UnitOwner=50"

Good, then this at least explains your problem :)

For now, only the random Carter map works CarterEarth(Random##WoC), the one with predefined locations CarterEarth(##WoC) does not.

I will soon upload a fix for that (and some other, more minor issues).

awesome! thanks for all the help man!:D
i'll get to fixing it myself, then, thanks for the tip:D

Decided to upload the patch now. It is larger than my usual patches as I included the latest version of Cultural Citystyles whereas my other patches only changed xml issues. I did this as I had some minor issues with 0.90 of CC which seem to have been fixed in 0.95.

Top Bottom