[BTS] Dragonia II

Neat! An alternative to FfH!

I just ran the mod for about an hour. The mod runs much faster than FfH, which is really, really refreshing.

I ran into some problems though. So far, I've had 3 CTD's. The first happened while waiting for other civs to complete their move. The second one happened when I tried increasing my research rate. The third happened when I moused over a resource space on the map, and then scrolled away to investigate an other area of the map. I saved, reloaded, and tried that last one with the exact same result.

Save game included here (check the fortified incense space on the map, northwest of my "future" holy city)

There also is a mistake with the Dark Elves religion. When it is founded, it gives a free feywarden instead of an archne.

Overall looks pretty cool. Needs a patch!! ;)
I ran your save game, moused over the fortified incense, and then scrolled the map, but did not receive a crash. Any other information you can give me on your crash issue? I will mark the bug as unreproducable until I can get better information.

I ran your save game, moused over the fortified incense, and then scrolled the map, but did not receive a crash. Any other information you can give me on your crash issue? I will mark the bug as unreproducable until I can get better information.

What kind of information can I give you that would be of help?

Do you have your logging enabled? If so, then send me the logs after the CTD occurs.

How do I enable/disable logging? As is, as soon as I mouse over the log icons or the research button on the upper left corner of the screen I get an instant CTD.

----------------

EDIT -- never mind. I found the files you are probably looking for. Hang on...

In your CivilizationIV.ini file (should be located in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\), find the following line
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 0
and change it to
Code:
LoggingEnabled = 1

Init.log
Spoiler :
[5615.156] DBG: CIV Init
[5615.156] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[5615.156] VERSION: Build: Fri Sep 21 13:16:18 2007
[5615.156] VERSION: 3.0.0.1 (81539)
[5622.125] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Dragonia\
[5622.203] DBG: FILE Cat Init

PythonErr2.log
Spoiler :
sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
load_module CvEventInterface
load_module CvUtil
load_module traceback
load_module CvCustomEventManager
load_module CvEventManager
load_module CvScreensInterface
load_module CvMainInterface
load_module ScreenInput
load_module CvScreenEnums
load_module time
load_module SpellInfo
load_module PyHelpers
load_module CvGameUtils
load_module Popup
load_module CvMercenaryManager
load_module MercenaryUtils
load_module MercenaryNameUtils
load_module math
load_module pickle
load_module CvTranslator
load_module SdToolKit
load_module cPickle
load_module CvMercenaryScreensEnums

RESmgr.log (empty)

XML.log
Spoiler :
[5639.890] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
[5640.046] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[5640.046] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
[5640.046] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
[5640.062] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
[5640.062] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

In your CivilizationIV.ini file (should be located in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\), find the following line
Code:
LoggingEnabled = 0
and change it to
Code:
LoggingEnabled = 1

Thanks. I did not have logging enabled. Back later with different logging data.

------------------------------------

EDIT

Here are the files generated with Logging Enabled. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 193
Created a settler and received the "First gunpowder unit, first helicopter unit", ect message.

OK i looked at the saved game and didnt have any problems till round 173 then i moved the cursor to go up on the allotted money and then go down (by the mercenary button) and just moving the mouse curser over the merc button caused the crash??

I'll add it to the list. Would you by any chance know the fix for that? ( I heard the FFH2 mod had that issue at one point)

Do you have gunpowder or helicopter units? If not, remove that unit combat type from the XMl file. I used to know what file, but BtS split that XML file into pieces.

Some early feedback:

• No goody huts? Did I miss an option?
  • Tech trading is going on way too often and by everyone. Might need some LH XML tweaking. I know I could turn it off...
  • Techs might be too cheap

No CTDs for me so far. :)

New game = 2 huts nearby. :crazyeye:

My last game was large and it defaulted to 16 civs! My new one I started with only 10. That might be the deal.

Do you have gunpowder or helicopter units? If not, remove that unit combat type from the XMl file. I used to know what file, but BtS split that XML file into pieces.
I already removed those combat types from the mod. I'll have to look around in the python files and sdk to see if the issue is in there.

As for the world size, I have changed it a little to have more civs in the world as follows:
WORLDSIZE_DUEL - 2
WORLDSIZE_TINY - 4
WORLDSIZE_SMALL - 8
WORLDSIZE_STANDARD-12
WORLDSIZE_LARGE -16
WORLDSIZE_HUGE -24

Lastly, I did not receive a CTD when mousing over the combat log or the mercenary button. Are you guys sure your custom assets are not turned on?

If you don't know how to turn it on/off then it is off, as you have to purposely turn it on. Since strategyonly is having the same issue, I'll work directly with him over IM to resolve this. Its just odd that only the two of you have this issue.:confused:

Top Bottom