[BtS] Hungary mod for Varietas Delectat

When I played version 2.0 of this I got an error with the city list(to few city names, CITY_NAME_ tags connected to some of the names) has this been corrected with this version?

I was not aware of this problem, will check

Szent István is great, but Sólyom is a . .. .. .. .. .....

Sorry, but the leaderhead is great, and I love this mod..... Great work guys!!!

First of all, thank you for all of your work in putting this together. From the screens posted here it looks like a beautifully well-done mod!

I'm having a problem though...
I have Varietas Delectat installed and have been playing it without problems for some time now. I followed the installation instructions for the Hungary Mod and extracted the file to C:BeyondTheSword\Assets\... just like the instructions say and then I installed the patch peer the instructions for that. However, when I try to play as Hungary 3 weird things happen:
1) At the very start, before I get to the "It is the dawn of mankind..." opening page, the Technology Advisor screen appears and it is completely blank. All I can do is click to exit out and then it proceeds to the "Dawn of mankind..." opening.
2) Once I pass the "dawn of mankind..." page I have NO user interface. I've tried using the interface shortcuts (Alt+I and Ctrl+I) but neither seems to work. ??? Any idea what's going on here?
3) So then when I tried to exit to the main menu (via hitting escape to bring up the menu options) I get a "CIV4 has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. I'm guessing this means something is FUBAR.

VD still plays well with other civs...it's just Hungary that's not working correctly.

First of all, thank you for all of your work in putting this together. From the screens posted here it looks like a beautifully well-done mod!

I'm having a problem though...
I have Varietas Delectat installed and have been playing it without problems for some time now. I followed the installation instructions for the Hungary Mod and extracted the file to C:BeyondTheSword\Assets\... just like the instructions say and then I installed the patch peer the instructions for that. However, when I try to play as Hungary 3 weird things happen:
1) At the very start, before I get to the "It is the dawn of mankind..." opening page, the Technology Advisor screen appears and it is completely blank. All I can do is click to exit out and then it proceeds to the "Dawn of mankind..." opening.
2) Once I pass the "dawn of mankind..." page I have NO user interface. I've tried using the interface shortcuts (Alt+I and Ctrl+I) but neither seems to work. ??? Any idea what's going on here?
3) So then when I tried to exit to the main menu (via hitting escape to bring up the menu options) I get a "CIV4 has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. I'm guessing this means something is FUBAR.

VD still plays well with other civs...it's just Hungary that's not working correctly.

When you have no user interface, that means something wrong in the python files - which is not modified neither by VD nor by Hungary mod. I strongly suggest to delete VD and try to install again. Also, are you using the Modern Era Expansion for VD mod?

If the problem returns, you could try the following:
- open the Varietas Delectat.ini
- change NoCustomAssets = 0 to NoCustomAssets = 1

Please report if this helps for you!

I'm using VD 3.1.7 (which has some unique modern unit skins but no new units per se, i.e. Light-Tank, Heavy-Tank, Armored Personnel Carrier, etc...).

Do I need to be using the modern unit version?

Thanks...

Problem is fixed!!!
I changed the screen resolution from 1024x768 to 1152x864.

I don't think I've ever seen that resolution option except with this mod. Thanks for your help!

I entered worldbuilder just to see the different units and I noticed that the game CTD when I tried to add Submarine (regular not attack) and Aircraft Carrier.
I don't know if anyone else has had problems with any of these units but I thought I'd let you know.

I entered worldbuilder just to see the different units and I noticed that the game CTD when I tried to add Submarine (regular not attack) and Aircraft Carrier.
I don't know if anyone else has had problems with any of these units but I thought I'd let you know.

I will check this issue

Avain,

I'd like to report a small issue - instead of the button for the swordsman, the button of the axeman appears everywhere in the game. So, for example, in the city build screen, two axemen buttons would appear - if you mouse over both of them, one of them will say axeman and the other swordsman.

I guess it's a small fix for the next update. Shall I upload a screenshot? I can't do it from here but I can do it later.

Otherwise, VD and this mod is superb, first-class quality!

Avain,

I'd like to report a small issue - instead of the button for the swordsman, the button of the axeman appears everywhere in the game. So, for example, in the city build screen, two axemen buttons would appear - if you mouse over both of them, one of them will say axeman and the other swordsman.

I guess it's a small fix for the next update. Shall I upload a screenshot? I can't do it from here but I can do it later.

Otherwise, VD and this mod is superb, first-class quality!

Thank you!
The button issue will be fixed for the next update! (no need to upload a screenshot)

Hey avain. I'd like to use your UB for my and Kabcsis mod as well. Is that okay for you? I want to use it as library... About that Szent István thing... I contacted Zerver because I had no more idea how to fix that. He said he will have a look on this. I recognized that you are still using the old modell of the parliament. Don't you like the new one I made with asioasioasio? Well, I have to change something on it's benefits... At the moment it can't be build if you have the latest beta installed, but I was very satisfied with the graphics...

Did you have a nice holiday yesterday?

Hey avain. I'd like to use your UB for my and Kabcsis mod as well. Is that okay for you? I want to use it as library... About that Szent István thing... I contacted Zerver because I had no more idea how to fix that. He said he will have a look on this. I recognized that you are still using the old modell of the parliament. Don't you like the new one I made with asioasioasio? Well, I have to change something on it's benefits... At the moment it can't be build if you have the latest beta installed, but I was very satisfied with the graphics...

Did you have a nice holiday yesterday?

The holiday was good, thanks.
About the UB, please use it as you wish. Don't know if you can tell, it's textured after the building of MTA. Also, I intend to rename the UB - most probably to Science University.
I hope Zerver can repair Szent István, because it's quite a good leaderhead.
Where can I find the new parliament? Also, I am aware of the problems with building it, did you have any resolution to that?

Yeah, I know what the reason is. I made it government center and that it needs to have built the palace at first. These two preferences can't be switched on at once. I uploaded the parliament as single package, but it got lost during the problems with easy upload. The only chance you have to get it is downloading the beta of my and Kabcsis mod from civ4.hu, sorry.

BTW: nothing new about the LH. Zerver didn't contact me since last week. Well, his access to the internet is very limited. Ah, and thank you for your admission:)

Anyone looking for Kossuth leaderhead?

Nice! Thank you, Ekmek!
Care to work on it a bit more? A bit more work on the clothing and it's mostly the beard that'd help in recognizing him, I guess it could be wider and also the mustage more according to these pics:

http://www.lutheran.hu/z/honlapok/protestans/felvidek/eperjes/1eptort/k_ev_portre_kossuth_lajos.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...nw=103&prev=/images?q=kossuth&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...nw=111&prev=/images?q=kossuth&um=1&hl=en&sa=N

Also, if he could be just a tad bit older?

Thanks Ekmek, I could really use Kossuth for my mod!

Top Bottom