Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC

Any update on this? I sort of made it work, meaning the units are working but the cities are weird amalgamations of different textures.

Any update on this? I sort of made it work, meaning the units are working but the cities are weird amalgamations of different textures.

I had this same problem for the last two years (My DoC was installed in 2012). The only way I managed to fix it was by deleting the entire folder and downloading it fresh, and then putting in VD again.

That being said, the city walls of the Mediterranean civs do not update beyond their classical era model now.

Is it normal that ever since I downloaded VD, an error appears all the time when I play? How do I fix it. I am not using SVN as far as I know, just the normal RFC DoC.

That's the first time I've heard of it, can you be more specific?

That's the first time I've heard of it, can you be more specific?

Sometimes it happens when I load a game, sometimes when I push a button or a leader contacts me, but some tabs appear, forcing the game to shut down. It says something about "please try to reduce your graphics settings" or something like that. If it happens when loading the game, a tab appears about a bad allocation failure.

This is probably because you do not have enough memory for VD.

I tried that, and happened a little bit less frequently.

I actually believe it may have something to do with it not being compatible with the 1.12 version. If that is the case, I will be looking forward to a compatible version.

What a shame, those Italian Heavy Swordsmen armors and French riflemen uniforms I saw in my game looked beautiful.

Nope, it's perfectly compatible with 1.12.

I know that the mod isn't guaranteed to work with 1.13 but just as a heads up, it doesn't work with the latest revision.

I know that the mod isn't guaranteed to work with 1.13 but just as a heads up, it doesn't work with the latest revision.

You can still make it work even in the latest SVN revision! :goodjob: The thing is, you have to edit some of the XML files for that. I think did not overwrite the repo files with the ones in the zip file and moved those modified files to the XML\Modules folder instead. Special attention needs to be given to the Spy entry in CIV4UnitInfos.xml as well as the Harappa entry in CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml (both in the VD zip file), as these aren't updated. You have to change the Combat attribute to UNITCOMBAT_SPY or else you can't gain promotions for the spy. The unique unit for the Harappans also needs to be updated to the current City Builder. :D

New update:
- updated history
- AI now disregards other side's gain in resource trades again
- changed unit graphics definitions so all individual unit graphics from VD can be displayed
- Mongol core continues to include Mongolia proper after expanding

from the latest SVN update. Does this mean that I can run VD without crashing now? what exactly do I need to download apart from the Opening Post's Link:

Often requested and promised for a long time, it is now available: Varietas Delectat (civ specific unit art) and Ethnic City Styles (civ specific city art) for Dawn of Civilization.

Download it HERE.

from the latest SVN update. Does this mean that I can run VD without crashing now? what exactly do I need to download apart from the Opening Post's Link:
You mean with current SVN? Not yet, I have fixed VD already, but will only upload it together with 1.13. That change was basically only preparing better compatibility with VD features that previously didn't work.

You mean with current SVN? Not yet, I have fixed VD already, but will only upload it together with 1.13. That change was basically only preparing better compatibility with VD features that previously didn't work.

Got it, Thanks! Looking forward to 1.13th's release!

Me too.

I have trouble getting VD to work. I tried with v1.15 and 1.16, but i just get the vanilla graphics. I tried reinstalling via the installer, but no change. I get the HUD and blue marble, but no VD or ECS. What am I doing wrong?

What is the content of your RFC Dawn of Civilization/Assets/Modules folder?

Here it is. Thx for your quick answer!

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 93
There should be a Modules/ folder, can you rerun the installer to check if it's still not there? Some of the existing fpk files suggest the module has been partially installed but it's possible that it aborted early. Look out for error messages in the installer.

I just redownloaded the installer and reinstalled everything from scratch and now it's working, I got the modules folder. Thank you very much!

Top Bottom