[BtS] JCultureControl: Beyond City Borders

lukaspl,

I am working on integrating Jeckel's JCultureControl mod into the BTS 3.19. I hope to have it integrated into the RevolutionsDCM mod found here. You can check that mod out and watch for the ver. 2.6 update which will hopefully include this mod.

Does this work with Vista? I've tried everything to get this mod to work, installed in Program Files mods folder and installed in Documents mods folder and replacing the actual files in CVGameCoreDLL. Nothing works for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess I had downloaded the source instead of the actual mod. My bad.

I would like to know if anyone succeded into integrating this mod into a BTS v3.19 ? As I wasnt able to :( and im intrested into adding this to my mod as it is a great feature.

I'll see if I can do it. I'm putting 3.17 on my old laptop so I can get the SDK, which I will compare with the provided sources to see what changed from 3.17 (so I don't try to merge stuff native to 3.17 into 3.19 code instead of what was changed). Then I will merge the relevant new code into a newly copied 3.19 sdk and see if it compiles. There's no guarantee because a lot changed. Calls in the mod might go to now nonexistent or renamed classes or functions.

I'm thinking to get the AI to use it, just give a fort build to attack units and have them use it instead of pillage (maybe using them up). Then have the fort grow into a citadel eventually if workers don't put a farm on it first.

OK, I did the merge, it compiled with no problem, put the DLL into the mod and the mod into my mods directory and started it. Came up with no XML or Python complaints, tried to start a game on a Fractal map, crash to desktop.

Strange I managed a compile with 3.19 no crashes but they dont appear to work not even the text wont appear. Did you change the Jculture code in anyway ?

No, I didn't change anything yet. From comparison of a couple of files I decided all changes from 3.17 were well marked, so after that I just merged the JCulture and Auto_Play blocks from the provided sources into the sources for a compiling but unmodded 3.19 dll and compiled that. I stuck the resulting final release dll into the jculture mod to replace the 3.17 dll and stuck that in my mods directory, started BtS 3.19, selected Advanced, load mod, JCulture, the mod started, I selected Play Now, chose a standard fractal, otherwise random, normal speed, monarch difficulty, CTD.

Well im far too unexperienced with C++, but to give an opinion the only thing I can think off is the python which could have been changed from 3.17 and therefore isnt compatibile anymore with the 3.19 but does the pedia still work(display the fact that it spreads culture etc.) in Civilopedia before you start a game (im intrested to compare with mine at this fact) ?

the OP said awhile back in the thread that all the python was for AutoAI and its not needed. All you should need is the dll, the schema files, and the improvementinfos.xml

Strange I managed a compile with 3.19 no crashes but they dont appear to work not even the text wont appear.
same as Castor_Troy, i'm gonna try a debug it see if I can find whats wrong.
:hammer2: It works fine, just me, I missed out a couple of tags in the CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml. I didn't do anything special to it just copied a pasted all the sdk entries labeled JCultureControl Mod and the xml and terrain schema entries.

Could have done the same thing will try again. Thanks for posting ;)

I know this thread is old, but did anyone get it to work? I tried and got a ton of errors. It would be great if someone could post a working version. Or any suggestions of a similar mod?

Top Bottom