1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Last Version (Download & Presentation)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Total War Mod' started by jojoweb, Apr 20, 2008.

1. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Nimek: I haven't made any map for the mod. Sorry.

The patch 1.2d is online.

It contains some corrections, made by Dancing Hoskuld, in the english texts. Thanks to him !

2. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

JoJo, I was trying to port your active suffrage mod, but get an aml error on mod startup that says can't find industrial_1 trait, etc. Not sure why because that is not how the schema or xml file is labeled. Any thoughts?

BTW, I love your UN Votes & I'm merging them into advanced diplomacy.

3. gryznar

gryznar Chieftain

To Jojo: I like very much stuffs, which your mods brings. Are you going to further develop the game? I hope so, becasuse it's one of the best mods to Civ IV.

4. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am getting the same thing. Also for the patch. It looks like it is opening the files not downloading it.

6. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

It seems that Firefox doesn't recognize the "7-zip" files as archive/compressed files.

Please, try with Internet Explorer or Opera if you can.

7. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

Hahah, an obvious solution, silly I. :D

It works with Chrome :D

You can count on my feedback after new version, played a lot earlier, there were many problems founded (for example immobile nukes), but I thought project was abondend.

As for "tutorials"
    - religion system was hard for me to catch up, but I finally did. Still think it needs some explanation, especcialy about spreading it. Anyway, the best religion system available in mods
    - unhappines mechanism should be explained better, I often found myself stuck in 2-3 pop cities due to lack of early happines res and nonunderstood factors (do crime level has impact? how big? How to lrverage). Unfortunately not having gold/gems/jade/salt/hunt res nearby makes a civ far behind other civs, way to calendar is long and expansive

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have no trouble with "7-zip" elsewhere. I use them all the time with Caveman2Cosmos. I better hunt up that IE that came with the operating system.

9. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

The issue is resolved !

You can now download the 7z files of the Civilization-totalwar.com website with Firefox.

10. Nimek

Nimek Emperor

Any future development plans?

11. thatoneguy_2008

thatoneguy_2008 Chieftain

It's crashing on me as soon as I setup options under custom game. I tried a huge tectonics Mediterranean game. Marathon speed. I unselected some of the boxes that disabled some game concepts. Other than mercenaries, is there anything that has to be disabled for the game to work? I have plenty of memory speed and graphics to run any other mod I've ever tried (including ROM and GEM) so that shouldn't be the issue.

12. jojoweb

jojoweb Chimpa-Z

Patch 1.2d updated: a crash source has been deleted (when the slavery is abolished by the UN).

13. et1sw1064

et1sw1064 Chieftain

Tried to download today. 7z won't open it. Tried WinRAR told me file was corrupt. Did you know about this?

14. stoferb

stoferb Prince

I can't start a game. As soon as I hit launch it's CTD with no explanation (except the usual bulls**t "windows is searching for a solution"). And yes, I did install the extra patch, replacing all the files that came with it manually. Too bad, it looks really interesting.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I think you need the very latest version of 7zip to extract it.

It is indeed a very interesting mod. Unfortunately like you I can't get the latest version to work. I get the same CTD. Luckily for me I have the previous version still on my laptop.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have this mod working now. It requires Thomas'War to be in your Mods folder. I haven't investigated to find out why. ;)

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

A couple of minor English text fixes while I try and figure out how the religion system works so I can pinch recycle it into Caveman2Cosmos.:D

18. Polish_13

Polish_13 Chieftain

I understand that this is currently a beta, and that it's in development, but what are the features of this mod? I know it's Total War, but is there something I'm missing?

I don't know if I was supposed to add some folders that apply the features or whatever, but I remember TW being about real time battle... So... Is it not here yet? Is it not in the public version?

Edit: That might not seem clear, because I didn't specify my problem- the mod doesn't really do anything other than be a copy of Civ 4, so I was confused.

19. OrlindaT

OrlindaT Chieftain

The development of this mod still alive?

I believe that this mod is too underrated, just need fix some bugs.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I second this.